refurb 360 Premium $189.99 + $6 s/h

www.Stootsi.com has the Xbox 360 Premium for $189.99 1 day only. This is a reburished product with a 60 day warranty and none of them have the HDMI port. Shipping is $6.00. I keep thinking about picking one up for a back-up.

[quote name='tianxia']Warranty, box, etc.?[/quote]

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition Console System
  • Refurbished, 60 Day Full Warranty
  • 60 Day Full Warranty
  • 20GB detachable hard drive
  • XBOX 360 Wireless controller
  • HD A/V CABLES
  • XBOX 360 Live Headset
  • XBOX 360 A/C Power Brick and adapter
  • Ethernet Connectivity Cable

[quote name='philliesfan980']looks like a shady site.[/QUOTE]

far from, i've bought from them before, never had a problem

Yep, I did a search for xbox 360 stootsi. It didn't come up because of the lack of xbox in the title. My bad.

all 360 should have a 3 yr rrod warranty from the date of purchase...but dont take my word for it...thats what some gamestop employee told my friend...

sorry, but i would not trust what gs employees says. most of them are clueless and would say anything to get a sale.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']all 360 should have a 3 yr rrod warranty from the date of purchase...but dont take my word for it...thats what some gamestop employee told my friend...[/quote]

Don't do it. If they don't have HDMI ports, then they're older models and they'll probably Red Ring on you. Refurbished means they may have already RR'd in the past.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']do these have 3-year RROD warranties?[/quote]
I don't think it's transferable. Plus if these are refurbs they may have been opened, thus voiding the warranty.

I've had unpleasant dealings with Stootsi in the past, and I would NEVER trust a non-HDMI refurb 360.

There are some things I simply wouldn't buy used, and an old 360 is one of them. Just my take on it.

[quote name='philliesfan980']looks like a shady site.[/quote]

Stootsi is pretty well known...but...eh...an older, refurbed 360? It would have to be cheaper to be worth the risk.

Edit: Just noticed that it has the hard drive. A little better, but still...you're just asking for an instant RRoD.

Brand new 360s out of the box are giving RRoD less than a year from purchase. What difference does it make if you buy a used one or a new one? It's going to crap out and you'll have to send it in for repair anyway. Might as well save a hundred bucks.

[quote name='mmn']Brand new 360s out of the box are giving RRoD less than a year from purchase. What difference does it make if you buy a used one or a new one? It's going to crap out and you'll have to send it in for repair anyway. Might as well save a hundred bucks.[/quote]

Well, deal's dead, but anyway...

1) This is an older unit, so it lacks HDMI.

2) Because it's an older unit, it has the older hardware, which was far more likely to fail. Not only did they RRoD at an extremely high clip, but the DVD drives were noisy and prone to high failure, as well.

3) It's refurbished, which means it already broke. So, now you're dealing with faulty hardware that already failed.

The RRoD is still an issue, but by most account, the Falcon chipset has decreased the rate by a great deal. I would be much more inclined to buy a brand new unit with brand new hardware and know that I am fully covered by Microsoft.

Refurbished doesn't mean it's been broken. It could be as simple as cleaning it up to an all out fix for a hardware failure.

i bought a gamestop refurb 360 premium back in august 07. when i bought it i checked the manufactured date on the sticker next to the serial number so i could see how long the 3yr warranty would last me. of course it did red ring on me like the majority of 360s, but i got over 8 months of use out of it and a 12000 gamescore before i had to send it in. its covered, im on my 2nd one. I would just suck it up and buy any 360 you see at a decent price. its worth it for the games and the 3yr rrod coverage is bearable.

[quote name='sevendead']Refurbished doesn't mean it's been broken. It could be as simple as cleaning it up to an all out fix for a hardware failure.[/quote]

Indeed, but you have no clue what exactly happened to the console you're getting...did it break or did someone just return it? Now, when it comes to certain electronics, I don't mind buying refurbed, because the bulk of the inventory is probably just returns. But with the 360, you know a good portion of the inventory is going to contain repaired consoles.

[quote name='uuaww']well, mine just rrod, that was a stupid purchase...[/quote]Doesn't it have 60 day warranty? You should be able to get a replacement/money back.

bread's done
Back