MGS4 for $34.99 @ Meijer

NateNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
6/29-7/1
Taken from SD, thanks chemdude!

"Just received Meijer's ad for sale starting tomorrow and MGS4 is pictured for $39.99. They also have a $5 off coupon in the ad for use on any general merchandise $24.97 and up from June 29-July 1 to make it $34.99!
cool.gif

The coupons are available at the front of the store. For those who don't know, Meijer is a super Walmart-type store in OH, IN, IL, KY, MI."

I remember living in michigan and they always had great deals on everything. They really should think about moving south.

Does anyone know the trade in value at gamestop?

Edit: bah, it's only $30. I dunno if I should get it. Are there any metal gear first timers who enjoy the game?

I played MGS1, but got burned out on Raiden in 2. I rented MGS4 cause I had a coupon and was enjoying it w/ the knowledge I had. However I only got through the middle east zone and my buddy said that I will get a lot more out of the game if I finished 2 and 3.

Bottom Line...You can probably enjoy the game w/ having just basic knowledge, but you won't get the true value out of the story.

Yep, got this ad today, so i can confirm this. I got a $3 off general merchandise coupon when I bought Nights the other day, so maybe I can use both coupons and get this for close to 50% off.

Edit: Yep, just checked both coupons and they should work together as the $5 is off one item and the $3 if off the total order. Nice.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Just a heads up. It's on SD now. Get there early![/QUOTE]

The OP said he took this from Slickdeals. ;)

Hmm...I may get this even though I still need to play through MGS1-3 and PO, and was planning on waiting for the inevitable, expanded rerelease.

Would anyone with the coupon be willing to pick me up a copy? You don't need to go out of your way to pick it up, but if you are stopping by anyways, why not? :D

Just got back with my copy. They had to adjust the price down to the $39.99 because it was still ringing up at $59.99. Plus the computers weren't recognizing the $5 off coupon either. Maybe they'll have everything updated in their systems when everybody else gets out there.

But I got out the door for $32.99 + tax with my extra $3 off coupon. Nice deal.

Also, they had the Xbox 360 version of Hellboy: The Science of Evil for $29.99 and it rang up that way in their computers. The PS3 version was $59.99. I'll make a separate topic for Hellboy though.

[quote name='SpitFire158']Meijer's needs to expand to the southeast :)[/QUOTE]And to the Northeast as well. I don't know how many times I've seen a Meijer's deal like this posted on CAG, one that I'd jump on in a second, and gotten all psyched only to remember a few seconds later "Oh yeah, only in the Midwest." :bomb:

It's hard for a family owned company to expand like that. If they were a public company, then they would have the funds to expand more easily. It's not helping that the new areas that Meijer has moved in to aren't doing too well. A prime example is the suburbs of Chicago where they opened a few new stores but are having trouble fighting off Walmart.

trade in value with edge card on release date was 38 with edge card. I know because I did it to pay off my le from the mgs4 bundle I got from the walmart deal.

Just got back, game-in-hand. Their computers are not showing the $39.99 price, so I am thinking its a misprint on their ad. If you plan to pick this up for $35, you prolly ought to be getting out there soonish. (Yea! for my second purchased PS3 games since I bought the PS3 about 1.5 years ago.....)

Crud, I just looked through all my local meijer ads online and there is no metal gear. I looked at an Ohio ad and they do have metal gear. This sucks.

Deal is dead my way. Both Meijers have a sign up saying it was marked wrong and they are sorry for any confusion. Still picked up Battlefield Bad Company with the $10 off coupon. Maybe bringing the ad into best buy or circuit city would get a price match though

Heya~

Frsh out the door from the Westland store, rings up at $39.99 and the $5 coupon worked GREAT! Thanks for the headsup guys!
Peace

I just got one for $39.99 plus $5 off with the coupon, but it rang up as $59.99. I showed the cashier the ad and they gave me the sale price.

They also have $10 off any purchase of $49.99 or more, so I picked up another game as well.

Lucky for me.

I just got back from the Canton Meijers. It rang up at $59.99; however, a friendly employee working there was helpful and added a $20 M. Coupon (so Meijer's or Manufactors?) and I got it for $37.09 after tax.

[quote name='nate88']Does anyone know the trade in value at gamestop?

Edit: bah, it's only $30. I dunno if I should get it. Are there any metal gear first timers who enjoy the game?[/quote]

I did! I experienced the first one a little, but never finished it or played the others! Personally, it is my favorite game of the year so far! I've started playing MGS 3 (its a prequel to the other two) and will play the others as well!

Well I got back from Meijer and it rang up for $59.99, but showed the cashier the ad. He said that he couldn't tell if the ad was the same thing as what I wanted to purchase (kinda funny, since the cover is basically a giant face). But he did eventually correct the price and did let me use the coupon. I probably won't be buying another PS3 game for a while, so I'm glad I got this one cheap.

just picked up a copy at the Ann Arbor Carpenter Meijer. Marked 59.99, but all the sales associates knew it was 39.99 in the flyer and gave me the discount. 37 after tax and coupon

I always like when Meijer deals pop up and all of the Mid-West CAGs get our day in the sun. It almost makes up for the lack of Fry's out here.

It actually rang up at $39.99 for me. This was at the Illinois Road Meijer in Fort Wayne, IN. The still had several copies left.

At the Roseville, MI Meijer, there were no signs and as the clerk prepared to ring me up, I was standing there tearing out the $5 off coupon. He rang it up, adjusted the price, and then called a manager, saying, "I've got another person buying Metal Gear and the circular price isn't in the system. I need your thumb print." It took about 5 minutes for the woman to wander down and she just plunked her thumb on the pad and the deal was done. No muss or fuss. I'll bet that if I hadn't had the ad, he would've just let it go for regular price since overrides were such a hassle. Take the ad with you!

Southfield , MI on Telegraph had several in stock. Rang up 59.99, but associate/supervisor matched the ad for 39.99 minus the 5.00 coupon. $37.xx out the door. Supervisor said she was going to check to see if there was a mistake flyer/message, but I split before she got back.

Picked one up at the Southfield MI Meijer. Had to get the thumbprint adjustment as well. Thanks OP because I didn't get a Meijer ad in the paper Saturday.

The ad's not showing up for me and it wasn't in the Sunday Chicago Tribune. Anyone mind post a scan of the ad or a screen cap off of the website?

I live in chicago and did some research apparently illinois is the only state that has a completely different ad than the other states. I called the stores in illinois and they wont match there other store prices which is gay. I guess you can drive to hammond Indiana if your close to there

Aha. Apparently the ad is different for us in Illinois. =(

Edit: Hadn't refreshed the page before the guy above me posted. Haha. Still gonna try matching this at BB since I bought mine there and have to go anyway. =P

Can someone post a higher resolution scan though? It's hard to try matching this cause the ad on the site is really hard to read when printed.

I bought mine on the way into work Sunday night and it rang up at $39.99 and took the coupon without any problems. I'm in OH.

Here's one for you Midwestern CAGers:

I live in Lexington, KY and the Sunday, June 29 Meijer ad misprinted the MGS4 price at $39.99. The in store price was $59.99 but I just brought one of the printed ads they have at the front door to the game department and they matched the price.

In the same printed ad, there is a $5 off $25 coupon that will work for 3 days only.

As a frequent Meijer customer, I also had another $5 off $25 coupon from their random coupon generator from a previous checkout. So, I ended up getting it for $29.99. In fact, I ended up going back to get a second copy for my brother and got one of these coupons both times I bought the game.

[quote name='oxobfe']Here's one for you Midwestern CAGers:

I live in Lexington, KY and the Sunday, June 29 Meijer ad misprinted the MGS4 price at $39.99. The in store price was $59.99 but I just brought one of the printed ads they have at the front door to the game department and they matched the price.

In the same printed ad, there is a $5 off $25 coupon that will work for 3 days only.

As a frequent Meijer customer, I also had another $5 off $25 coupon from their random coupon generator from a previous checkout. So, I ended up getting it for $29.99. In fact, I ended up going back to get a second copy for my brother and got one of these coupons both times I bought the game.[/quote]

I haven't gotten one of those random coupons in a minute. I get all sad too. Going to head to Southfield or Warren and try my luck today.

It's not in any of the ads here at the Oswego, Il store. I inquired at the electronics dept. counter and one of the guys seemed to know about it and that it would be in the ad that starts on Jul. 3.

For those in Louisville, KY. The Hurstborne Meijer is sold out. I picked up a copy there on Sunday morning with no problems, but on a return that evening to pick one up for a friend they were gone. I hit the Preston Highway store after that and they had plenty of copies left. Preston had not updated their registers with the new price, so you'll have to show them the add.

I got my copy yesterday in the Dewitt,MI store. I brought the ad in case I had any problems, but to my surprise it rang up $39.99 and I had the coupon so it came to $34.99 + tax. Friggin' sweet man. Can't beat it with a schtick!! I love being a CheapAss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back