Hellboy: The Science of Evil (360) $24.99 at Meijer after coupon

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
The just released Hellboy: The Science of Evil for the Xbox 360 is tagged and ringing up at $29.99 at Meijer. With the $5 off any single item over $24.97 that is good from June 29th to July 1st, that brings the cost down to $24.99. This coupon is in the Meijer ad for this week. Keep in mind that the game also includes a free ticket to the upcoming movie.

The PS3 version of the game is $59.99.

This was at the Milford, OH Meijer, but I am assuming that it should ring up this price at all Meijers.

This game got the worst reviews I've seen in a long time, even for a licensed game. It's the Superman 64 of this generation. Don't waste your money.

[quote name='Damian']This game got the worst reviews I've seen in a long time, even for a licensed game. It's the Superman 64 of this generation. Don't waste your money.[/quote]

That's a heck of an accusation. On metacritic the only review that comes close to making it sound that bad is IGN. Not saying its a good game, but what are you basing this comparison on?

Well, I'll be playing it today, so I'll give my impressions. Even if it turns out to be terrible though, $25 for a game that just released at $60 is a good deal in my opinion. Throw in a movie ticket and the fact that I'll be able to trade this in for more than I spent on it after I'm finished with it, and it's really a no lose situation in my eyes.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Was $29.99 their sticker price, a sale price, or just a possible error?[/QUOTE]

It was the price tag on the game and what the game rang up as when scanned. I don't think there was a shelf tag.

Yeah it's just another movie-tie in game, but it looks better than most other movie tie-in games. I'd definitely get it for $25, especially since it comes with a ticket to the movie. Movie tickets themselves usually go around $9 so in a sense you're paying $16 for a brand new 360 game that you can flip on Goozex, eBay, or Gamestop for more especially if you beat it in one weekend.

I didn't see it online. There's no Meijers in my area. I don't suppose anyone would want to help me out by picking one up. I can reimburse and pay for gas/shipping. This game isn't supposed to be that bad, but its not something I want to pay retail price on.

Where does one get the $5 coupon?

I've been wanting for this game for a long time. I'm a big fan of Hellboy. I know it didn't get the best reviews, but for $25 I think it's worth a play through. Especially with friends or family.

the trailers for this game looked alright other than it looking like a game that may surfer from repetitive gameplay but what game doesnt these days. It cant be worse than that ghost rider game,

[quote name='MoltenMan']Where does one get the $5 coupon?

I've been wanting for this game for a long time. I'm a big fan of Hellboy. I know it didn't get the best reviews, but for $25 I think it's worth a play through. Especially with friends or family.[/QUOTE]

The $5 coupon is in their weekly paper ad. They should have them at the store I think.

[quote name='turls']That's a heck of an accusation. On metacritic the only review that comes close to making it sound that bad is IGN. Not saying its a good game, but what are you basing this comparison on?[/QUOTE]
You have to actually read the reviews. Even the "good" reviews aren't actually good. They basically say that "being Hellboy" is worth whatever downsides the game has, which is a load of crap. The reviews that actually get into technical problems elaborate on the last gen graphics, poor controls, laggy online play and linear level design that consists of bland room after bland room. The only real saving grace it has over Superman 64 is that at least it's not buggy.

just got back and both Meijers I went to have it tagged 29.99. You can get the coupons at the front door of the store as well. I picked up Battlefield Bad Company with the $10 off coupon.

Hoping these stayed tagged until next Saturday :)

Flying out to Michigan with my g/f to visit my parents for a week. Wouldn't mind picking this game up for $30. Great to know it comes with a free movie ticket, since I was planning on seeing the movie anyway.

Went today ..I had 32.00 in returnables..I couldve got this game for kinda free...But..They didnt have ANY..I called another store and it Wasnt in stock either..I drive by one on my way to work.Ill try there tomorrow..

My Meijer in Algonquin, IL. had a ton of these. And yes, they were all $29.99. Looked through 2 circulars in the front of the store, but couldn't find a coupon. Bought it anyways.

[quote name='nate88']$18 trade in value at my local gamestop.

$25 @ gamecrazy[/QUOTE]

This makes me weep that I am without Meijer. Definitely would bite this early at that price, especially for the movie ticket.

Okay, so I've played about an hour of it so far and it's definitely not the "Superman 64 of this generation". It's a pretty mindless brawler that feels a bit last gen, but there's nothing terribly wrong with the game, it's just not that exciting. I wouldn't recommend the split-screen co-op though, the camera is just way too far back and you can't see many details then.

[quote name='Damian']This game got the worst reviews I've seen in a long time, even for a licensed game. It's the Superman 64 of this generation. Don't waste your money.[/quote]

No no no... not a Superman. Not even close.

It's not great - but not that bad either.

[quote name='snatcher33']My Meijer in Algonquin, IL. had a ton of these. And yes, they were all $29.99. Looked through 2 circulars in the front of the store, but couldn't find a coupon. Bought it anyways.[/QUOTE]

I went to this Meijer today and picked up two copies. One for myself and one for my friend. They had one copy left afterwards. Thanks for the deal Ship!

$18 trade in value at my local gamestop.

$25 @ gamecrazy
Bet its higher at Blockbuster. I bought turning point fall of liberty for 19.00 at MEIJER and i got 32.00 for it. Anyways I tried my last Meijer in my Area (4 in total) and NONE stocked the game.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Bet its higher at Blockbuster. I bought turning point fall of liberty for 19.00 at MEIJER and i got 32.00 for it. Anyways I tried my last Meijer in my Area (4 in total) and NONE stocked the game.[/quote]

I don't have a gamerush, does blockbuster take trade ins too?

Big thanks OP! :)

Been in Michigan on vacation for a week and I finally found a copy. Picked up the last copy for $30 at the Meijer on Ford Rd. in Canton.

Looking forward to playing the game and watching the movie again

I agree with shipwreck and Ice2Dragon - definitely not comparable to Superman 64 and I'm glad I didn't listen to that. Yeah, the brawling genre hasn't changed much, but there's a decent set of moves and most breakable stuff can be picked up as a weapon. The only thing I don't like is trying to RS-target a stationary object while there are a bunch of little enemies running around. Even so, it's enjoyable enough that I'll actually finish it.

I bought it without the $5 coupon and it's definitely worth $30. (Plus I haven't seen the movie yet so the ticket is nice. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back