GGT #59: Love worth dying for? "But heed this, the price you pay may be heavy indeed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='linkpwns']I need the GGT's opinion.
Do I dump my current girlfriend for another girl?
Let me compare the two for you.

The girl who feens for me is like Alone in the Dark, she's decent, but with some issues.
My current girlfriend is like MGS4, 75% cutscenes, 25% action, 100% eye-candy. Not that much gameplay though...

Opinion?[/quote]

Dump her foo.

[quote name='linkpwns']I need the GGT's opinion.
Do I dump my current girlfriend for another girl?
Let me compare the two for you.

The girl who feens for me is like Alone in the Dark, she's decent, but with some issues.
My current girlfriend is like MGS4, 75% cutscenes, 25% action, 100% eye-candy. Not that much gameplay though...

Opinion?[/QUOTE]

keep her

props for TMK for having the balls to post a vid of him playing SingStar :p

MM, you know your not kidding ;)

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Lmfao

:rofl:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ad8AicYgGeU

TMK you should be 10X more confident after seeing this.[/QUOTE]Netcasty is pretty cool. I saw his SingStar videos within the game too. I actually want to add him as a friend, but I think his list is full. I've sang that song too Blink 182 "All Small Songs".

I'm SO buying SingStar Volume 2 when it comes stateside, which he tried to make a video of.

As for rap, I could sing to M.C. Hammer "U Can't Touch This", but I can't rap to it very well (very hard). I need to download more music. I only have like 55 songs or so.

EDIT: This was the song he had up on My SingStar Online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBxiRW_R34A

I want to buy it now after seeing him sign it.

How much are the Tekken 5 sticks worth? And are they good?

Some guy on Craigslist is offering me one for $30.

010212010400011611200806285479cf4529d94b18d30030a0.jpg

I want to use a stick for Dark Ressurection and when Tekken comes out.

[quote name='nyprimus4']How much are the Tekken 5 sticks worth? And are they good?

Some guy on Craigslist is offering me one for $30.

010212010400011611200806285479cf4529d94b18d30030a0.jpg

I want to use a stick for Dark Ressurection and when Tekken comes out.[/QUOTE]

just buy the ps3 Hori stick

Wow, this is weird. I just got done starting a replay of Shadow of the Colossus, and then I come in here and look at what Dark has made the new GGT! Weird.

That game is just so incredible. It's also nice replaying it and having a decent grasp of the control mechanics from the get go.

I would kill for a next gen remake. Although, do the framerate and other technical problems add to the charm / art of the game?

No, that is an excellent deal... I'd grab it if I were you. Works great with converters too.

I also prefer the HRAP1 esque button layout on the stick. The PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3 can't compare to the T5 anniversary stick for that price.

Overall the HRAP3 is better but I don't think you'd want to spend $100+ on a stick unless you're serious about fighting games.

$30 is a great deal..

Sorry for the double post, posting from my iPhone...

But tea, quality and comfort wise the T5 stick beats that standard PS3 Hori stick (same as the Soul Calibur IV stick).

[quote name='daroga']Wow, this is weird. I just got done starting a replay of Shadow of the Colossus, and then I come in here and look at what Dark has made the new GGT! Weird.

That game is just so incredible. It's also nice replaying it and having a decent grasp of the control mechanics from the get go.

I would kill for a next gen remake. Although, do the framerate and other technical problems add to the charm / art of the game?[/quote]

Na not really, the frame rate bothered me in SOTC. IMO it was one of my main gripes with the game. If they could of smoothed that out I'd probably give the game a 10/10.

[quote name='refusedchaos']just buy the ps3 Hori stick[/QUOTE]

Unless you're talking about the HRAP, the Tekken stick is definitely better. The Hori fighting stick is functional, and the buttons and stick don't suck, but it feels cheap and it's way too lightweight.

Modding a T5 stick is definitely doable.

JEKKI here did the full mod job on a T5 Hori, artwork included... so if you ever want to go that route, just know its something that can be done if you give it some time & effort.

I also haggled it down to $25. The original listing asked $40, they came back with $30 and in my latest e-mail I met them at $25 to which they agreed. Going to pick it up sometime this week.

Will this work with other PSN games like Everyday Shooter and the SEGA Genesis Collection (PS2)?

I definitely have the time and effort needed Marky.

JEKKI do you have pictures or maybe even you chronicled your adventure into modding of this wonderful arcade stick?

Wow. Watching the Gametrailers.com E3 predictions for Sony. They're talking about Buzz Quiz TV for PS3 now. Wireless buzzers is a major plus but the MEGATON is create your own quizzes to be shared over the PSN. Lot of good stuff going on for Sony right now.

Buzz Quiz TV. MGS4 is still "hot". 2.40 preview video is coming tonight at 12 AM PST or 3 AM EST and should be out over the PSN by Tuesday. Lots of good Blu-rays coming out and already out for me to get. LBP looks awesome, Resistance 2 with up to 60 online and 8 player co-op, Socom looking great with smooth as butter framerate, E3 right around the corner.

All we need at E3 is some Team ICO, White Knight, and GoW3. And inFAMOUS and Tekken 6. :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I uploaded more videos playing SingStar. This is probably all I'll make:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgG4wgYKbmE (Hold On)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRUk4NYzxwc (All The Small Things)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG38GH8TG2A (Torn)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyt7H2hjxVM (Vampires Are Alive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJ8PkBk4U8 (Summertime, probably my worst one since I don't know the words for the song well, but people wanted me to rap)[/QUOTE]

wat

[quote name='nyprimus4']Wow. Watching the Gametrailers.com E3 predictions for Sony. They're talking about Buzz Quiz TV for PS3 now. Wireless buzzers is a major plus but the MEGATON is create your own quizzes to be shared over the PSN. Lot of good stuff going on for Sony right now.

Buzz Quiz TV. MGS4 is still "hot". 2.40 preview video is coming tonight at 12 AM PST or 3 AM EST and should be out over the PSN by Tuesday. Lots of good Blu-rays coming out and already out for me to get. LBP looks awesome, Resistance 2 with up to 60 online and 8 player co-op, Socom looking great with smooth as butter framerate, E3 right around the corner.

All we need at E3 is some Team ICO, White Knight, and GoW3. And inFAMOUS and Tekken 6. :D[/QUOTE]I'm very interested in Buzz. I passed on the PS2 versions (like I did with SingStar), hoping to get my first start on PS3. I never played Buzz, but I will not be surprised if it gives me a similar feeling SingStar does.

Thanks nyprimus4 and refusedchaos. :grouphug:

Well , it only took about a week longer than I planned but I finally beat Phoenix Wright 2. The final case was annoying but had a very satisfying conclusion. Anyone else who played it , did you think the second game was a lot harder than the first? I only had to look up help a couple times in the first game , but needed it lots more for the second.

In other news , I managed to get my game collection more organized than it was before , and actually got a rounded off count of how many games I actually have. It kinda scared me (in a good way).:shock::whistle2:|8-[

[quote name='StarKnightX']Well , it only took about a week longer than I planned but I finally beat Phoenix Wright 2. The final case was annoying but had a very satisfying conclusion. Anyone else who played it , did you think the second game was a lot harder than the first? I only had to look up help a couple times in the first game , but needed it lots more for the second.

In other news , I managed to get my game collection more organized than it was before , and actually got a rounded off count of how many games I actually have. It kinda scared me (in a good way).:shock::whistle2:|8-[[/QUOTE]I always kept my game collection organized. I alphabetized all my games a while ago. Glad I did too, and I entered all at IGN to keep track of what I had. Entering all games sucked, especially when I changed my online name and had to create a brand new IGN account (and did the same thing all over again).

Awesome, just finished a ranked Counter Grab match on Lost Planet Colonies where I was the lowest level player in the game but still finished top.

Good times, that will counter balance the whippings RawisJericho handed me on Ticket to Ride last night.

Also finished boosting Def Jam Icon (thanks Evylou), so I'll not be playing that again online, ever.

[quote name='daroga']How is Hulk? It looked terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised by movies twice this summer already.[/QUOTE]

I thought Hulk LOOKED good , based on the trailers. I have not seen the movie to say for sure or not though. I'm a little biased towards Edward Norton movies.:) Wall-E was excellent however.:D

Question , what's the difference between this Persona 3 soundtrack:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-2-49-en-15-persona-70-1fsu-43-n9.html

and the one that comes bundled in with the game?

Hulk was entertaining. Not as good as Iron Man, but way better than the Ang Lee one.

Wanted was entertaining, too. Angie is soooo hot. :swoons:

When exactly is E3? I'm getting excited for the news for sure.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']can anyone tell me of a free e-mail service I can use just so I can join NeoGaf???? I always want to post something but never can due to that shit...[/QUOTE]No free email service works there, from what I believe. I know someone who tried using one they weren't familiar with, but eventually Neo GAF said they could not accept since they found out it was free. They recommend using work, school, or ISP emails.
GAF does not accept users who use free e-mail providers, such as Google's GMail, Yahoo! Mail, and Hotmail. We prefer that you use an e-mail address from your Internet Service Provider, place of employment, or college/university.
That's what it says under their FAQ.

nvm, thx though MM but I found out my college has student e-mail even though it's just gmail renamed :lol:

so yeah, I just finally got a neogaf account. finally. now I can join the turds and apossum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back