Anyone still play TF2?

oldboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Lets setup a group and time... sometime. (Easy unlock for "With Friends Like These" achievement among others)

CAG-ers:

SolidusX99
sleepkyng (EUROPE)
scurker
Hatman88
SOSTrooper
Kenkaze
Razzuel
mastersmurf345
infinitepez
Megapreacher

Just add in your Steam I.D. for an invite!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do several times a week. Honestly, though, I've enjoyed it less since they started introducing unlocks. The Backburner in particular is way too damned powerful. Even when I use it, I feel like a cheap bastard.

I haven't played since the Medic achievements came out, aside for a round on my 360 when I bought Orange Box. The new achievements seem to be ruining the game, at least at the moment.

Sure, I'm definitely up for a few games. That, and I still need to get that "With Friends Like These..." achievement :lol:.

I still play fairly often. If I'm not playing I'll probably be logged into steam so you can message me to join a game.
Steam Id: Kenkaze

I need to be in a group to play really. I'm not that particular motivated ATM. Plus, all those achievement scare me for some reason. I just think that I have to invest that much time to keep up with people with those fancy powerups.

for both of these achievement packs I've just used bots to get the weapons so I don't have to worry about trying to get the achievements in a real game so I can just focus on winning.

I joined since the free weekend last week and am loving it, so would love some CAGs on my list. Add me if you want: scurker.

It's not too hard to get most of the achievements in-game if you played normally. I haven't gone to any achievement servers and I've gotten close to half of the achievements for pyro and medic.

[quote name='Serik']Mine is OWNTforPrez[/QUOTE]

It doesnt work.

Ok... I just added a few handful of you guys. Anyone want to get a group and time set up in stone? Really like to kick some ass in a working group rather than these PUG's (excuse the WoW terminology).

Sometime in the afternoon today?

even though I feel it's a little over powered I get a feeling of satisfaction when I manage sneak up on someone with the backburner and they almost instantly burn to a crisp.

easiest way to get the achievements (in case you don't actually want to do them to get the weapons):
1.download achievement map
2.create server with that map
3.open console
4.type in "sv_cheats 1"
5. type in "bot -team (red/blue) -class (classname) -name (botname)" now you have created a bot.
6.type "sv_cheats 0"
7.type "retry" this will cause you to rejoin the server so that the game doesn't know that you cheated to make the bot

now you can kill that bot as many times as you like and step 5 can be repeated multiple times before proceeding to step 6 but if you want to create more than 2 bots on the opposing team you have to type mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0
since there is no AI for the bots to get them to move you have to use "bot_mimic 1" to get them to move (they do everything you do) or "bot_flipout 1" to get them to repeatedly shoot (good for the deflection achievement)
for more detail on bots see: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Bots

doing this helped me get all 3 weapons on both of the updates, so I don't have to worry about trying to do some of the ridiculous things in real games so I can focus on winning

[quote name='kenkaze']even though I feel it's a little over powered I get a feeling of satisfaction when I manage sneak up on someone with the backburner and they almost instantly burn to a crisp.
[/QUOTE]
Hey Ken. Saw you playing yesterday, but it seems like you were having a blast at goldrush or whatever map that was. Are you into any of the DM games (insta-spawn)?

[quote name='infinitepez']Posting here for lack of an official TF2 thread.

Looks like the next class to get achievements/new gear is the Heavy
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=1670

Curious to see what weapons they end up giving him. I'm hoping for something to help alleviate his long-range weakness.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of surprised, I was expecting an update to scout or engineer next. In any case, should be interesting to see what the achievements are, and what kind of improvements are made, especially considering that Heavy is my least played class.

[quote name='oldboy']Hey Ken. Saw you playing yesterday, but it seems like you were having a blast at goldrush or whatever map that was. Are you into any of the DM games (insta-spawn)?[/quote]
I had a ton of fun at goldrush yesterday. once I have unlocked all of the weapons I go back to playing the normal maps (especially 2fort or goldrush). I think that tf2 is a hard game to make maps for because every class has to be useful in one way or another. I do like insta-spawn but I don't require it. the 20 spawn time is a good incentive to try to stay alive:)

I play the Heavy fairly often, and I do agree that Heavies are fairly weak without a medic and at long range, but I've had some really funny kills where I kill someone from across an arena with the minigun. Those were great...

"Holy crap, that Heavy just killed me from the other side of the arena!" :rofl:

Recently, I've been thinking the Heavy as pretty much useless.

I say this because, it pretty much IS useless without a medic, and even WITH a medic his damage isn't that much compared to lets say a Demo-man.

My basic strategy was just "Uber the heavy, rush in. Total chaos, and take everything out."

Now its changed to: "Uber the Demoman, have him sticky everything in sight, and KABOOM before uber runs out and dies"

Lately, the Demo-man has had huge success.

Valve seems to know the heavy is somewhat of a pussy without a med behind him. On the TF2 blog http://www.teamfortress.com/ they are talking about what they are trying to do with the Heavy update.

Oh, and my steam id is Megapreacher and play under x†Preacher†x usually am on for a little bit every night would love to get some CAG's together to get down and dirty in some Team Fortress

[quote name='Negative']Hey, I'm down for a CAG match anytime after 7PM!!!![/QUOTE]

How does 10:00 PM (PST) sound? I'm flexible, but the later the better... Anyone else down?

I already see scurker and SolidusX99 already playing.

Same here, SneakS.I've been playing it every day and I've been getting the Pyro Achievements mainly.I only need the 1 million Pyro damage one.
750k damage to go... :cry:
Steam: thatgato

My problem right now is that I'm temporarily in europe (Finland to be specific) so I probably don't play at the same time as most of the people here.

[quote name='kenkaze']My problem right now is that I'm temporarily in europe (Finland to be specific) so I probably don't play at the same time as most of the people here.[/QUOTE]

I think played with you the other night, but I don't remember what time of day it was...

Just nabbed the orange box, so I am not the greatest but I am up for a match.

Steam name: josgen86

that is my login name. My steam id is sirfragalot86

I don't know which one to send so here is both.

count me in...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mammy2shoes

[quote name='oldboy']Recently, I've been thinking the Heavy as pretty much useless.

I say this because, it pretty much IS useless without a medic, and even WITH a medic his damage isn't that much compared to lets say a Demo-man.

My basic strategy was just "Uber the heavy, rush in. Total chaos, and take everything out."

Now its changed to: "Uber the Demoman, have him sticky everything in sight, and KABOOM before uber runs out and dies"

Lately, the Demo-man has had huge success.[/QUOTE]

Don't agree. The demo and heavy have distinct roles. A heavy without a medic is kind of screwed, however, you can still contribute to the team.

The prob is as with a lot of classes: people don't know how to play the heavy. You have to not only pick your spots as a heavy, but you've got to think ahead. You can't just leave sasha spinning and stroll around. It's run to where the action will be, spin, kill, retreat. Run to another place you think the action will be, spin, kill, retreat, so on. Yeah, it's slow going, but you get a BFG in return.

When I find a heavy who actually runs to the front when I announce as a medic over voice chat, 'hey, i've got an uber, let's move ahead and take out those sentries', I usually come back to that heavy pretty often. It's amazing how easy it is to play well in TF2 if others around you are playing well. So many people playing heavy would play much better if they just stopped spinning/firing sasha for a second and listened to the team.

[quote name='oldboy']Recently, I've been thinking the Heavy as pretty much useless.

Lately, the Demo-man has had huge success.[/quote]

I can agree that the Heavy is pretty useless by himself for the most part, he gets hit a lot and is slow to get to the closest medpack, but I'll strongly disagree with him being useless when he has the Medic on him. The Heavy tanks like a bitch unless a crit comes flying, takes out sentries just fine depending on the situation or placement, takes care of most people he gets the jump on, etc. I will say he's situational but most of the classes in TF2 are with the exception of Soldiers, Demoman and Medics.

bread's done
Back