Activision/Treyarch Senior Producer Noah Heller disses BIA Hell's Highway

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
You know, you hear a lot of smack talk in this industry, much of it blown way out of proportion. So when I saw these quotes I figured that they must've been taken out of context..... but after watching the interview... ...the guy is at best ignorant about his competition.

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=11656

http://www.csnation.net/viewnews.php/9748
We don't even think about them. They're not a game we even think about when we're playing. We think about the best shooters. We play Modern Warfare, we play [...] Gears of War, we play Halo. You know, that's the competition because we want to look at the games that do great story telling.

We don't want to look at someone who's just making a crappy war game. I watched the trailer and I'm like 'these guys aren't even in the same league

when someone tells me halo and gears have great storytelling, there validity goes right out the fucking window.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']when someone tells me halo and gears have great storytelling, there validity goes right out the fucking window.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']when someone tells me halo and gears have great storytelling, there validity goes right out the fucking window.[/quote]

This.

Turns out the guy works for Activision but *not* Treyarch.

Treyarch tried to distance themselves from the dissing saying "they have no problem with Treyarch at all".

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Treyarch tried to distance themselves from the dissing saying "they have no problem with Gearbox at all".[/quote]

Fixed.

I still find it funny that when this first hit and Treyarch was originally named, it got bombarded with hundreds of "Treyarch has no f-ing right to talk" replies.

Regardless of whether or not they were involved at all, Treyarch must be feeling pretty shitty right now. :)

~HotShotX

hmm I could've swore he introduced himself as a producer for treyarch. Either way Treyarch is owned by Activision so same difference in the end.

Seeing as how BIA is probably going to shit all over COD5 these guys are awfully full of themselves.

Treyarch hasn't even made a good game, there claim to fame is a so so Spider-Man 2? And an expansion to CoD1? Ubisoft/Gearbox aren't exactly the best either, but these guys are riding that CoD4 hype for all its worth, even though they had zip to do with it.

bread's done
Back