- - - - -

July on XBLM (7/31 FaceBreaker + Madden 09 Demo + Tropic Thunder Theme/Pics)

#31 KiLL3r   FREE HAT!! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

Coffeetime Crosswords
Content:
Coffeetime Crosswords
Price: 800 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO REFERENCE] Single Player, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). Prepare for the ultimate crossword challenge and get the full version of Coffeetime Crosswords™. Featuring more than 150 puzzles, created by Penny Press, it will test your skill and mental prowess at crosswords. Play together with a friend in co-op mode and help each other solve the crosswords. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Draft Tracker
Content:
EA SPORTS™ Fantasy Football Live Draft Tracker
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Availability: Canada and United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Single Player, HD (High Definition). Brought to you by EA SPORTS™, experience the ultimate fantasy football league draft by purchasing the EA SPORTS™ Fantasy Football Live Draft Tracker. Available exclusively with teams from FANTASY.EASPORTS.COM, the Live Draft Tracker is designed for commissioners who host league drafts offline and in-person. Head to FANTASY.EASPORTS.COM to sign up and create your league. Use the Live Draft Tracker to import your fantasy league settings. Now you are ready to invite your friends over and experience the thrill and excitement of a live and in-person league draft complete with video highlights from MADDEN NFL 09 and audio commentary by the EA Experts. Once the draft is complete, upload the results to the website and start managing your fantasy teams! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

Double D Ball Dodgeball
Price:800 Points
Major Nelson Didn't add this to the new release(yet). Info from xbox.com Double D Dodgeball page.

• Eight-person multiplayer: Join online matches with up to seven friends and go four-on-four via Xbox LIVE for the ultimate bragging rights!
  • Frenetic dodgeball action: Select between small games of two-on-two, or open it up to six-on-six including four A.I. players for wild matches with balls flying everywhere.
  • East and West rules: Choose arenas featuring the tradional Western rules, or mix it up with the Eastern version where opponents throw at you from all sides!
  • Retro ,arcade design: No need to check your pockets. Double D Dodgeball's classic look and feel will make you relive the old-school arcade days without the quarters.
  • Customizable teams: Mix and match your team from a host of different characters with special attributes such as power shots, super catching abilities, lightning-quick speed, and more.
  • Variable match options: Play on an icy or plasmic surface, increase or decrease the ball speed, or simply put an electrical charge on the baselines for a shocking new twist on the old-school sport.

#32 KiLL3r   FREE HAT!! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

3 Arcade Games

Double-D Dodgeball - 800pts
Cofeetime Crosswords - 800pts
EA SPORTS: Fantasy Football Live Tracker - 400pts

DDD is actually pretty fun.

Rats, You beat me to it. DDD is ok, for some reason it kept signing me out of live when I tried the trail.

#33 MrGone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, I was wondering why the hell it was disconnecting me from live when I tried it. Even ended up restarting it to make sure it was the cause - I'm not sure why any game should be disconnecting us from live, demo or not, unless there's a patch to install. Not a terrible game, though.. but a really weak lineup overall for E3 week. I was hoping they'd punctuate their showing with something actually worth buying on the marketplace.

#34 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43819 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

Looks like some Madagascar gamerpics went up...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

At the moment not sure of region and pricing if any.

Also there's this new play and win one:
Posted Image

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

1046150.png

#35 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65742 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

There's a free rental offer for the Addams Family Values movie until 7/20, though I'm not sure how to find it since I got it from a random ad on the dashboard.

Edit: They're making you pay for the Fantasy Football thing? It's free on PSN.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#36 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

They're making you pay for the Fantasy Football thing? It's free on PSN.

but its got acheesements.....yeah, I don't understand why they are making you pay for it either
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#37 deadite76   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2002 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

There's a free rental offer for the Addams Family Values movie until 7/20, though I'm not sure how to find it since I got it from a random ad on the dashboard.

Follow the links in the ads and they take you to it.
Posted Image

#38 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65742 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

I already did that. I'm not stupid.

I'm saying I don't know how to find the movie itself so you don't have to hope for that random ad to pop up just to get to it.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#39 twen   Banned Banned   1410 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

Go to the movies section, it's currently the most downloaded movie. Click from there. That's how I found it. :)
Posted Image

#40 CAG 79   Been here for 13 years... CAGiversary!   2325 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:07 AM

Also, free Boku Soduku DLC and Puzzle Quest joins XBLA Hits at 400pts

Puzzle Quest is 400pts now?

#41 Dezuria   Loading, please wait... CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:05 AM

I think Puzzle Quest dropped to 800, but not 400.

#42 akilshohen   Akilla!!! CAGiversary!   2284 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

akilshohen

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

Hail to the Chimp demo went up. Was this on an OXM disk or something? Because it seems some people from gamefaqs were playing it a long time ago.

#43 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65742 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

Came out on PSN a while ago.

#44 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43819 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

There's some pretty sweet looking Cartoon Network gamerpics:

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends - 100pts (Great Theme also for 150pts)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (1 pic missing)

Chowder - 100pts (Great Theme also for 150pts)
Posted Image Posted Image (4 pics missing)

I bought both of the above and if you're a fan of the series, I definitely recommend them.

Also pics and theme 100pts/150pts of Flapjack:
Posted Image

1046150.png

#45 D4rkewolfe   Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby! CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

D4rkewolfe

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Did the price change? I posted these on the OP and Flapjack was 80 points not 100. Guess they must have as they didn't have themes, or I must have overlooked them. They also have Ben 10 and Ben 10 Alien Force in the Cartoon Network ones.

Darke.jpg
~ Your friendly neighborhood Wolf signing off ~

#46 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

I bought the Flapjack gamerpic pack with points from the Dream Car contest, and it comes with 4 pics IIRC. I've only started watching Flapjack(I am much more of a Chowder and Fosters fan), but I just thought Flapjack would be funnier to have as a gamerpic :razz: I know one of the other pics was of Captain K'nuckles and I think another was of the whale, I can't remember if/what the fourth one was.

OK, I checked, the Flapjack Gamerpics are: Flapjack, K'nuckles, Infected K'nuckles, and Bubbie, for those who are interested.

Edited by mrcheapo11, 19 July 2008 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#47 D4rkewolfe   Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby! CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

D4rkewolfe

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

Go! Go! Break Steady and 1942: Joint Strike will hit this Wednesday for 800 points each.

Darke.jpg

#48 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43819 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

1942 :whee:

Sweet!

1046150.png

#49 naiku   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

^
i love those old school shmups. They feel like the perfect type of game for XBLA...that and uno. most likely gonna pick it up.
Posted Image

#50 D4rkewolfe   Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby! CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

D4rkewolfe

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

Content for 7/22

Content: "Burn"
Price: 160 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia, Australia and New Zealand
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Burn"--Nine Inch Nails. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Capital G"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Capital G"--Nine Inch Nails. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Last"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Last"--Nine Inch Nails. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Devour"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Devour"--Shinedown. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Junkies for Fame"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Junkies for Fame"--Shinedown. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Jade Empire
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (MATURE) BLOOD AND GORE, VIOLENCE] Single Player, 5.1 Surround Sound. GAME-PLAY ALERT: This game has been fully tested to successfully play on your Xbox 360 console. However, in some cases, you may see some minor irregularities with audio/video for brief periods. For more details, see www.xbox.com/xboxoriginals. Only by mastering the greatest fighting styles and defeating the most powerful enemies will you earn your place as a master of Martial Arts in the world of Jade Empire. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Darke.jpg

#51 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

I thought they originally said the XNA games would be free?

anyways, 200 points for 50 meg and under and anything bigger can be priced 400 to 800 points
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#52 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65742 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

I don't think they said XNA games would be free to own, just to try out as betas or whatever they called what they gave out at GDC.

#53 bigdsinferno   unicorns are kick ass! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

bigdsinferno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

looks like the n+ dlc will come out tomorrow as well.
Posted Image

#54 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

looks like the n+ dlc will come out tomorrow as well.

that would be cool.....though I still can't even get the 30 stages cleared and don't even get me started on trying to find people to do multiplayer with
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 D4rkewolfe   Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby! CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

D4rkewolfe

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

July 23rd Content

Content: 1942: Joint Strike
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions except Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (EVERYONE 10+) FANTASY VIOLENCE] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). The popular 80's arcade series is back! 1942: Joint Strike combines classic shoot-em-up gameplay with 3D HD graphics. Maneuver WWII-era aircrafts and take on huge waves of incoming enemy fire, duck and dodge explosions and missiles while challenging huge enemy bosses. Recruit a wing man and employ new "Joint Strike" attacks, combining the powers of both aircrafts into one devastating barrage. With new weapons and power ups in your arsenal, prepare to rejoin the battle! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

Content: Go! Go! Break Steady
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Local Multiplayer 2, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 2, HD (High Definition). Upgrade to the full version of Go! Go! Break Steady and unlock all 30 rounds of the Break Steady Tournament. Play solo, cooperate with friends, or challenge the world with your rhythm and smarts! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Darke.jpg

#56 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43819 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

Some DC content might be out...someone is already using this gamerpic:
Posted Image
(From Gotham Knight)

1046150.png

#57 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

after the first level of 1942, I had serious doubts as that level is so fucking easy (I don't remember that stage being easy) but man does it start to pick up afterwards. I do have to say that even though the difficulty picks up, its still has to be the easiest 19XX game.

Also bought the N+ level pack. Its worth the 200 points but man did I fly through most of them. I did find it funny that MS was worried that people would trade dick shaped levels and yet they made one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 typeRJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

That Go! Go! Break Steady game is like Beats for the PSP + Puzzloop/Magnetica/Zuma.

Buttons fly into the middle and you press it once it hits the ring. If you did it correctly, it brings up a string of colored orbs with faces. Break them like you do in Zuma or Magnetica. But unlike Magnetica where the line moves on its own, this game lets you move the line and then shoot an orb. The reward? Your guy does a breaker move / pose.

I guess it's ok, but I'm having a hard time justifying the $10 price tag. Anyone actually buy it and try out the rest of the features?

#59 D4rkewolfe   Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby! CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

D4rkewolfe

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

7/24 Content

GH III:Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack
Content: Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "Surfing with the Alien" as performed by Joe Satriani, "For the Love of God" as performed by Steve Vai, "Soothsayer" as performed by Buckethead. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Darke.jpg

#60 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43819 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

Upcoming XBLA games for August:

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 launches on Wednesday, July 30. Those who loved the first version of Geowars will be able to pick up right where they left off. There are a host of new enemies, new achievements and six game-play modes. It will cost 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Braid will be released on August 6. Jonathan Blow uses incredible artistry to draw you into the melancholy platformer world where you manipulate time in strange ways. Braid is rated E10+ for Everyone 10+.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed releases on August 13 and brings back the classic side-scroller in a new and improved form. New HD graphics bring the game into the here and now. It is rated M for Mature.

Galaga Legions brings back another vintage favorite on August 20. Sleek new graphics and gameplay make this a new experience. Galaga Legions is rated E for Everyone.

Castle Crashers comes busting onto the scene on August 27. With hand drawn characters, each with a variety of weapons, it's your mission to defend your kingdom and save the princess (is she in another castle? - har har, sorry). Castle Crashers is rated T for Teen.

http://gamerscoreblo.../28/560221.aspx

1046150.png