CAG Achievement/Gamerscore Group - EA & 2K strike again - FIFA 10 & NBA 2K11

GLOCKGLOCK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
EA and 2K strike again! FIFA 10, FIFA 10 World Cup, & NBA 2K11 servers shutting down!

FIFA 10 - including Ultimate Team DLC and FIFA 2010 World Cup shutting down December 6th, 2011

http://www.trueachievements.com/n624...r-closures.htm

Lots of online achievements in all these games so get cracking if you want to get them out of the way.

***EDIT*** NBA 2K11 has been given a stay of execution, 2K now says the servers will be online until April 2012. Either way, I would get the achievements out of the way ASAP ***EDIT***

NBA 2K11 servers could be shutdown as soon as November 16th. Here is a TA link to the story:

Thanks to the folks at TrueAchievements for compiling the news stories.

Here is a link that contains the full list of which servers are closing and when:

EA Server Shutdown list

It appears that EA's current strategy is to only support the 2 most recent releases for their sports games. It is always a good idea to knock out the online stuff as quickly as possible in these games as not only do they shut down servers, but there often are other season specific achievements that can become unachievable due to server changes or what not. The 2K Sports games are pretty bad with this as well as they tend to change how their servers work which impacts some of their achievements shortly after release.

For all of your score whores out there, check out this site to see what your "True" Achievement score is:

http://www.trueachievements.com

I also setup a Gamerscore leaderboard there since the CAG leaderboard seems to be gone for good:

http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=311

Join up and see how you stack up!

Also check out Xbox 360 Achievements for achievement guides, roadmaps and news:

http://www.x360a.org

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no greater leader for this group than GLOCK. The man played WALL-E, for crepes' sake.

I bow to your dedication.
rri00g.gif

[quote name='chasemurata']There is no greater leader for this group than GLOCK. The man played WALL-E, for crepes' sake.

rri00g.gif
[/quote]

Thanks, Chase, I think... ;)

WALL-E was bad but not as bad as the 4 Cabela's Games! :drool:

Hey GLOCK I am interested.

I just gamed with GLOCK over the weekend and he is a great CAG. We boosted the Def Jam online achievements before the shut down the servers. Which btw I think they did not shut them down because all of the late activity.

I would be interested in lots of stuff. I am looking to get some people together for Blacksite, Dark Sector and Turok. Plus others.

[quote name='chasemurata']There is no greater leader for this group than GLOCK. The man played WALL-E, for crepes' sake.

rri00g.gif
[/quote]

Seconded, he's also got the full 1000 in Hour of Victory I believe, that game sucks some major ass.

I had to stop at 925, I just couldn't go through till the end :cry:

[quote name='flybrione']Hey GLOCK I am interested.

I just gamed with GLOCK over the weekend and he is a great CAG. We boosted the Def Jam online achievements before the shut down the servers. Which btw I think they did not shut them down because all of the late activity.

I would be interested in lots of stuff. I am looking to get some people together for Blacksite, Dark Sector and Turok. Plus others.[/quote]

:lol: Thats awesome if they decided not to shut down the servers cos everyone jumped on at the last minute.

I just picked up Dark Sector from yesterdays Amazon DOTD, so I can help out with that one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']:lol: Thats awesome if they decided not to shut down the servers cos everyone jumped on at the last minute.

I just picked up Dark Sector from yesterdays Amazon DOTD, so I can help out with that one as well.[/QUOTE]

I read it online but I have not played the game since I beat the single player. I have to beat it on hard and get the ladies man ach. But I also would like to mention that Benjamouth helped out on Def Jam also this weekend and is another great CAG!

Let me know when you get Dark Sector. I think I might try to beat that a Ninja Gaiden this weekend. I can't wait until the end of the day so I can start vacation! I am so not into working right now and CAG 2.0 is great!

[quote name='flybrione']Hey GLOCK I am interested.

I would be interested in lots of stuff. I am looking to get some people together for Blacksite, Dark Sector and Turok. Plus others.[/quote]

So that's why you were playing Def Jam Icon! :lol:

Great idea Glock. I just signed-up.

Yea, I was considering picking up Dark Sector during that sale too but passed on it, but if you guys want to boost it I'll pick it up somewhere. Actually a guy on my Friends list boosted it recently and had a good method for doing the online, but he still said it was pretty time consuming.

What I need right now is someone who has NCAA March Madness 08 to do the online achievements. I need to finish that game and get it back to GameFly ASAP!

Just joined the group. If anyone can help me boost the Condemned 2 online achievements that would be helpful, since there is hardly anyone ever playing online.

Joined.

That's good to hear about Def Jam, btw. I mean, I know it's not that great, but I was gonna play it sooner or later...it was quite surprising to see EA try to close the casket (so to speak) so quickly.

Man, I never would have guessed who the OP was in this thread. haha Nothing like beaver hunting Cabela's style! ;)

[quote name='xcoax']Man, I never would have guessed who the OP was in this thread. haha Nothing like beaver hunting Cabela's style! ;)[/quote]

haha, at least I can actually shoot the beavers in Cabela's, not like when I get my ass handed to me by you CoD4 guys! ;)

I think one of the reasons I am still Score Whoring is for the comments I get from the CAG CoD4 guys. I always get a good laugh at the messages I get from Simon, Chase and yourself when I throw in Cabela's Trophy Bucks!

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Sign me up I have a couple games I could pass around[/quote]

Great, glad you are in on the fun! What games do you have? I am going to put together a list of the games I have too and we could setup a list of who needs what.

Also I was thinking it would be a good idea to setup a Silver account on XBL and get everyone on that Friends list so we can easily look for other CAGs who want to boost. Can anyone think up a clever name for the group? I was just thinking CAG GS or something like that, but I'm sure someone can think up something better than that.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Great, glad you are in on the fun! What games do you have? I am going to put together a list of the games I have too and we could setup a list of who needs what.

Also I was thinking it would be a good idea to setup a Silver account on XBL and get everyone on that Friends list so we can easily look for other CAGs who want to boost. Can anyone think up a clever name for the group? I was just thinking CAG GS or something like that, but I'm sure someone can think up something better than that.[/quote]

How about...
CAG Boost :lol:
CAGamerscore :cool:
CAG Point Clan :hot:

This is a awesome idea. I'm already a member of two other communities for this purpose, 360Voice and 360Achivments, but honestly I'd rather work together with CAGs for this. Plus as mentioned there's the trading option.

Great Idea! count me in! Maybe this could also turn into shitty games group as well since I'm sure we'll be stooping to the lowest levels of games to get acheivements.

Thanks for joining up everyone! It should be a good group of CAGs dedicated to Achievements! ;)

Just in case anyone missed the post on the front page of CAG today. The GameStop coupon this week is 25% off used 360 games so this is a great opportunity to pick up some games you are interested in boosting for cheap. With an Edge card the games are 35% off! I went out and picked up All Pro Football, Lego Indy, History Channel: Civil War and Bully this morning and I'm sure I will be hitting GS alot this week for others!

Does anyone else have any other ideas on names for the CAG GamerTag name for our boosting group or shoudl we go with one of the ones WaltJay suggested?

I'd be interested. You guys have some impressive gamerscores; I always used to think I was the shit for having over 20,000, haha. I'm not very good when it comes to getting 1000/1000 though :whistle2:#

Me and BackInBlack started playing co-op Perfect Dark Zero last night. Hilarity was ensuing last night.

[quote name='twen']Me and BackInBlack started playing co-op Perfect Dark Zero last night. Hilarity was ensuing last night.[/quote]
Haha, I picked that up about a week back. I could use the achievements in it. The game is pretty bad, but I got it for less than $10, so it's not that bad I guess.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Thanks for joining up everyone! It should be a good group of CAGs dedicated to Achievements! ;)

Just in case anyone missed the post on the front page of CAG today. The GameStop coupon this week is 25% off used 360 games so this is a great opportunity to pick up some games you are interested in boosting for cheap. With an Edge card the games are 35% off! I went out and picked up All Pro Football, Lego Indy, History Channel: Civil War and Bully this morning and I'm sure I will be hitting GS alot this week for others![/quote]
I just picked up Bully too. Great game.

So yeah, I joined the group. Definitely interested in this. I've only got 2100 GS, and could definitely go for some more! :D

[quote name='YodaEXE']Haha, I picked that up about a week back. I could use the achievements in it. The game is pretty bad, but I got it for less than $10, so it's not that bad I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm up to 370 GS in that game.

I picked up All Pro Football yesterday. I need to work on the mp achievements. I also created a league and tournament named "steelcity" so join up and I'll sim it out and we can just recreate the league and everyone can get the achievements.

Just joined. I work evenings 3-11pm and mostly can only play after midnight central time. That and my social anxiety issues has kept me from playing online much with strangers. Hopefully this will help.

I own quite a few 360 games just haven't gotten around to opening most.

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just joined. I work evenings 3-11pm and mostly can only play after midnight central time.

I own quite a few 360 games just haven't gotten around to opening most.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much my same schedule. And I sadly have a small backlog of 360 games that still have the plastic on them...

In lieu of forum functionality on the Group page, I suggest we all post one comment there that includes the current games/achievements we are looking to boost. As you finish off games/achievements and add new games you can simply use the Edit button to keep the message board clean and easy to read.

Post your games lists here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=27

We will continue to use this forum post to discuss achievements and the like.

Also I noticed that the CAG Achievement Whores Group is the largest on CAG! Impressive results in just one week

Finally if anyone missed it on Inside Xbox one of their recent videos detailed 5 games where you can really rack up GS. They showed how you can move the sliders in Madden 06 to get an easy 1000. They also showed Avatar, but only said you should be able to get 1000 quickly, as opposed to showing how you can get it in 2 minutes. See deep down Microsoft loves us Score Whores! :bouncy:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Madden 06 to get an easy 1000.[/QUOTE]

But what that video doesn't tell you is the 400 point achievement for going through THIRTY years of franchise. Even with simming, it took me 6 hours of pressing A.

[quote name='twen']But what that video doesn't tell you is the 400 point achievement for going through THIRTY years of franchise. Even with simming, it took me 6 hours of pressing A.[/quote]

Yea, luckily I can split the screen on my TV and watch DVD's at the same time so I caught up on The Wire while I pressed "A" so it wasn't too unbearable! :D

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, luckily I can split the screen on my TV and watch DVD's at the same time so I caught up on The Wire while I pressed "A" so it wasn't too unbearable! :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, I did this a year and a half ago, I remember just chatting on AIM on my laptop while doing this.

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone wanna help me get some GH3 co-op achievements?[/quote]

I'd be willing to help you out with some of them. I'm not great but good enough to get you the note streaks and 100% a song. Possibly 700k too. Can you help me get the 15 consecutive wins using a controller?

Just joined up. Don't really need anything right now, but eventually I know I will.

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone wanna help me get some GH3 co-op achievements?[/quote]

I could probably help both of you out as well. Pretty good at the game, so if ANYONE on here needs help in GH, just give me a holla either with a message through XBL or on here. Look in my gamercard for my track record in Guitar Hero (1000/1000 in GH2 and GHA!!)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I'd be willing to help you out with some of them. I'm not great but good enough to get you the note streaks and 100% a song. Possibly 700k too. Can you help me get the 15 consecutive wins using a controller?[/quote]

I assume that just means I have to suck for 15 songs? If that's the case, sure, I can do that. Drop me a line whenever you want to play; it's the summer, so I've got all night every night haha

[quote name='lolwut?']I assume that just means I have to suck for 15 songs? If that's the case, sure, I can do that. Drop me a line whenever you want to play; it's the summer, so I've got all night every night haha[/quote]

Even easier, just play Battle mode on Expert, strum as fast as you can when the song starts and you'll fail out in about 10 seconds. rinse, repeat! ;)

bread's done
Back