K-Mart: $5 Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player! Nationwide. No Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
K-Mart - $5 XBox 360 HD-DVD Player Addon! Nationwide. No Joke! :hot:

NEWS

K-Mart stores have discounted Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 HD DVD Player to $5.00 as the retailer moves remaining units of the defunct high-definition peripheral.A buyer on the discount website Slickdeals.net purchased an Xbox 360 HD DVD Player for $5.00 in Greensboro, NC.
The device, which allows Xbox 360 owners to play Toshiba Corp.'s HD DVD format titles, launched in Nov. 2006 for $199.99.
It was later discounted to $179.99 in a price war against Sony Corp.'s Blu-ray disc format.
Toshiba in Feb. exited the HD DVD format business after companies including Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Best Buy Co. Inc., and Netflix Inc. defected to Blu-ray.
Retailers including Best Buy and Circuit City Co. Inc. have cleared all in-store HD DVD inventory.
Amazon.com has discounted a wave of HD DVD titles by up to 60 percent to clear inventory
Linky

Permanent Link

Credit Goes to barbsdad from Slickdeals!

Picture Proof of Receipt (Greensboro, NC)
beach2008.jpg

Linky

Please post the stores that you have checked and are out-of-stock or in-stock.

In Stock:
Greensboro, NC

Out of Stock:
Burbank, CA
North Hollywood, CA
Alton, IL
Chicago, IL
All of GA Stores
Somerville, MA
Tewksbury, MA
Rocky Mount, NC
Nashua, NH
Salem, NH
Henderson, NV
Niagara Falls, NY
Buffalo, NY
Farmington, MI
All of OH Stores
All of PA Stores
Provo, UT
Fairfax, VA
Mansassas, VA

STORE LOCATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd like to have one because i use my xbox as my dvd player since it upscales... it would be convenient to be able to have a movie and a game in at the same time.. but i wont even bother looking for these because kmart is a nightmare for video games. you can't count on them to have the biggest releases within a week,.. let alone something like this

Imay check K-Mart out, though with the death of HD-DVD does this have any viable resale value? It's a great price, but with no HDTV and already owning a PS3 for when I eventually get one, I don't have much of a use to have this, other than the amazing price.

Its a steal considering the last 12 HDDVDs I bought were less than 8 bucks a piece. I don't understand why someone would not buy it for 5 bucks with all the movie clearance deals. I'd buy one for my brother if my store had any in stock. I think this deal is worth its own topic. I personally never read the Kmart thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be in the kmart clearance section.

I bought the last one at the chantilly, va kmart for 25 dollars about 2 months ago and I still have it(boxed and all unopened).

yea really good luck in finding it for 5 dollars as the employees have probably bought them or managers threw them away.

The price is right but I'm not sure it is worth the investment of buying the HDDVD titles. Oh well I doubt my Kmart has any. Thanks for the heads up anyways OP.

Holy shit, for $5 if my Kmarts actually had these in stock, I'd buy like two or three of 'em, just as back ups.

I wonder if it'll work with a Japan 360?

I bought one at GameCrazy for $20 a few weeks ago. However, when I took it home I found that the AC adapter was replaced with a cell phone charger. Gamecrazy, not having one there or any of the stores in the area, could not replace it and I had to return it and get a refund. Was kind of disappointing. It'd be like owning a 32X. Neat. It's worth looking for at $5.

It's too bad that there are none to be found around the Los Angeles area. I went searching for them when they were $25.

[quote name='eau']Is it on clearance at Sears as well, considering Sears and Kmart are the same company?[/quote]

Same company? Yes...

Same clearance schedules/items? No

Out of stock at the following locations:
Salem, NH
Billerica, MA
Tewksbury, MA [Sears Essentials]
Nashua, NH [Sears Essentials]
Somerville, MA

My Kmart(Fort Wayne, IN) has been out forever, and so are the Gas City, IN, and all the Fort Wayne,in locations.

How exactly did we come to the conclusion that entire states are OOS? Did someone here actually drive to every individual K-mart?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How exactly did we come to the conclusion that entire states are OOS? Did someone here actually drive to every individual K-mart?[/quote]

Employees can do an inventory check from their computers in store (which we cannot do on ours at home sadly)

I got mine a few months ago when it dropped to $27. But there was another one at my local store (Mauldin, SC). Went by today to try to pick it up (good for another backup) and it was gone. Some CAGer must have snagged it because it had been sitting there forever and was still there last week. Hope they enjoy it!

This is pretty YMMV since these were dropped to $12 a while ago.
Plus its already been covered in the Kmart Clearance thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back