CAGs July Pick Up List "Did I really buy this?"

Bought these in June but that thread is retired. Finally got them this week.

$80 a piece
verg1.jpg

dante1.jpg

Also got SSBB for $3.96 shipped from Amazon's DotD after using some credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wii: Dr. Mario Online Rx ($10)
PSX The Legend of Dragoon ($11)
:ps2: Sky Gunner ($35)
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts II ($18)
:ps2: Castle Shikigami 2 ($9)
:ps2: Silpheed: The Lost Planet ($15)
:ps2: Rez ($20) [from CAG mkelehan, who rocks]
:wii: Castle of Shikigami III ($20)
:wii: Classic Controller ($20)
:wii: Dragon Quest Swords ($17) [Amazon price just keeps on dropping...]
:ps2: Growlanser: Heritage of War ($37) [Quick Pick discount + Bill Me Later promo]
:ps2: Arcana Heart ($20) [DOTD]
:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions ($20)
:ps2: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core ($28)
:ps2: Mega Man Anniversary Collection ($30)
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition ($48)
:ps2: Growlanser: Generations ($49)
:ps2: Capcom Fighting Evolution ($15)
:ps2: King of Fighters XI ($11)
:ps2: NeoGeo Battle Coliseum ($15)

And from the Toys 'R' Us buy one get one free sale:

:psp: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core ($46)
:psp: Wild ARMs XF (free)
:psp: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness ($33)
:psp: Jeanne D'Arc (free)
:psp: Final Fantasy ($23)
:psp: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (free)

[quote name='punkmaggit']Man, where'd you get Sky Gunner for $35?![/quote]eBay. It's sealed, and that price included shipping. Was that too much to pay? :)

iconps2_r2.gif
- MegaMan Anniversary Collection
icondvdpng.png
- Seasons 1-6 of 24 for $28 at Best Buy

Can't complain so far, and there's definitely more to come, and probably with pictures later too.

:ds: Megaman StarForce 2: Zerker x Ninja (29.99)
:dvd: Prison Break Season 1 (16.99 at Best Buy)
:dvd: Prison Break Season 2 (16.99 at Best Buy)
:dvd: Prison Break Season 3 (Pre-order from Amazon)
CD Weezer - The Red Album (13.99)
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations (8.00)
:gba: Metroid Fusion (5.00)
:xbox: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (3.00)
:dvd: Dreamcatcher
:dvd: Saw
:dvd: Saw II
:dvd: Saw III
:dvd: 28 Days Later
:dvd: Employee of the Month (These last 6 for $20 together)
:dvd: Stand By Me (5.00)
:dvd: School of Rock (5.00)
:ds: Civilization Revolution (29.99)
:psp: God of War: Chains of Olympus (19.99)
CD Green Day - Dookie (Free from Pepsistuff)

Updated 7/25

I bought Def Jam: Icon from Toys R Us clearance.. I really am asking myself "Did I really buy this?" That game was awful. Fight For NY was so much better.

Picked these up at Target for $17.00.
DSC02071.jpg

and picked these up yesterday at an Action Figure/Video Game/Trading Card flea market in Walnut (by LA)
DSC02075.jpg

Shaq Fu was thrown in when my friend bought one of these
gen_x_dual_station.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this console? I'm thinking about picking one up on my next visit

:ds: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
:ds: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX ($10 off coupon at play-asia)
:ds: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (used gift cards from the Gamestop surveys)
:pc: Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection for Windows (Free From Microsoft Live Search Club)
:wii: Pinball Hall of Fame The Williams Collection $12.99 (Best Buy B&M)
:ds: Smile Slime Touch Pen $4.99 and Densetsu no Stafi: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan ($10 off coupon at play-asia)
:wii: Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
:wii: We Love Golf!
:gba: Magical Vacation $5.99 at play-asia
:wii: Thrillville
:ds: Game-N-Go Kits for the Nintendo DS - True Swing Golf, Neoprene Sleeve, Cleaning Cloth and Three Stylus $11.00
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (For my nieces birthday)

Smile Slime Touch Pen

[quote name='Ryuukishi']eBay. It's sealed, and that price included shipping. Was that too much to pay? :)[/quote]

Sealed, maybe not. It's a fun game, although really difficult once you get going!! Are you going to play it, or is it just going to look really nice on your shelf? ;)

Oh, and my spending for the month will probably look something like this:

:ds: Izuna 2 :lol:
:ps3: Soul Calibur IV
...and maybe Final Fantasy IV.

Teh boobs are everywhere!! :booty:

[quote name='punkmaggit']Sealed, maybe not. It's a fun game, although really difficult once you get going!! Are you going to play it, or is it just going to look really nice on your shelf? ;)[/quote]I didn't do a ton of research or anything, but I figured that $35 shipped was a decent price because the cheapest sealed copy on Half.com was $70, and the cheapest one on Amazon was $100 (!). I do plan to play it eventually, but I already have a backlog of about 50 PS2/Wii/GameCube/DS/GBA games, so it might be a while! In the meantime it will look really nice on my shelf. ;)

I have this pending from gametz
n64grapeuc9.jpg

Banjo Kazooie $10
Goldeneye $10
Zelda:OOT(complete)-$10
OOT Guide-$$10
Hey You Pikachu(no box otherwise complete)- $22

I know I overpayed for the 64 games but I had to have them.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Um:

WTH's a genx? Is that a Genesis clone?[/quote]

It plays Genesis and NES carts. The big slot is for the NES and the small slot for the Genesis

one of these I may have posted at the end of last month

panzersaga.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Saga (complete/mint)-$80 shipped
Panzer Dragoon Saga (complete, manual has wrinkles)-$130 shipped
Panzer Dragoon Saga (factory error manual & discs only (with a lot of hairlines on 1 & 2))-$100 shipped

So far all I got was:

Hot Shots Tennis-$5
Parappa The Rapper (PSP)-$8
Raw Danger-$5
Lost Planet (PS3)

Some of you guys are crazy though :)

[quote name='Segasonic01']one of these I may have posted at the end of last month

panzersaga.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Saga (complete/mint)-$80 shipped
Panzer Dragoon Saga (complete, manual has wrinkles)-$130 shipped
Panzer Dragoon Saga (factory error manual & discs only (with a lot of hairlines on 1 & 2))-$100 shipped[/QUOTE]
Why 3 copies? XD

[quote name='Persona7']Why 3 copies? XD[/quote]
I originally bought the disc/manual copy because it was only $100 & I wanted to play it. Then I bought the complete one with the messed up manual for $130 because it was complete. The 3rd one I bought because it was $80 & in perfect condition. Now I'll trade the complete/NM one & sell the disc/manual one.

To celebrate the 4th I hit up Gamecrazy and found these
DSC02079.jpg

for 10 bucks for the 5 for 5 sale

Makai Kingdom- $15
Resident Evil GCN guide- $4
Jeanne D' Arc- $7.98
Parappa The Rapper PSP- $7.98
Super Paper Mario guide x6- 1 cents each
Nintendogs Guide x4 - 1 cents each
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Guide- 1 cent
Pokemon Battle Revolution Guide- 1 cent

[quote name='Dro']
Photo_063008_017.jpg

Photo_070308_001.jpg

I just Spent $290 on those two hoodys =/
[/quote]

Man, no offense, but those are really ugly. Especially the second one.

[quote name='Dro']Wait till you see the hoody I'm getting next week =] I'm gonna be like this now everytime I have it on
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/dcra2006/P1020615.jpg[/QUOTE]

Next week? And you JUST SPENT 300.00 on them this week? Sorry man, I know you like your stuff and all, but that's pretty foolish to spend that amount on clothes and to do it so frequently.

I just wear the same jacket/coat combo all winter long. I'll get new ones when Target has a clearance or I rip the ones I have.

[quote name='Dro']Wait till you see the hoody I'm getting next week =] I'm gonna be like this now everytime I have it on
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/dcra2006/P1020615.jpg[/QUOTE]
Hot damn, I can buy clothes for a couple months with the money that will cost. I don't understand how people can spend so much money on clothes that they won't even use very much. Bought me a Hurley Hoody for $30 and it's lasted me 2 years already

So far

dsc00059ev8.jpg

dsc00060bv3.jpg

dsc00077iv6.jpg

Prices:

Parappa $8
Raw Danger $5
Hot Shots Tennis $4
Lost Planet $40 (used a giftcard)
Gradius V $15

SNES $15
Super R-Type $7
Chrono Trigger $2

I'd have to agree with everyone that most "limited edition fashionable items" are indeed hideous. But I guess I just don't see/hear the subliminal messages that drive me to think otherwise...

Back to topic: (XBLA titles count, don't they?)
With the free MSPoints deal I picked up Soul Calibur for XBLA. Pretty fun!

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Baby Ape. I know it sounds stupid but that's what it means[/quote]

No, it stands for A Bathing Ape.

Anyway so this week I picked up DMC4 (360) for $23

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Baby Ape. I know it sounds stupid but that's what it means[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is by far the funniest thing I have read in weeks. This is a joke, right? Tell me it isn't really BABY APE hahahahaha.

But back on topic, I snagged the Nintendo DS browser from the local Microplay. I saw it in store on thursday, but didn't buy it. Then I got home and saw the Ebay prices. So I went back the next day and bought it. I gave it a try, but man is it slow, even with images off.

My wife actually requested it for her birthday. She doesn't know I bought it so hopefully she will be surprised later today.

I picked up:

PREY
Splinter Cell Double Agent 360
Splinter Cell Double Agent PS3
Moto GP 07 360
The Godfather 360
Far Cry 360
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
N3 360
Jeanne D Arc
College Hoops 2K7

Thats about it so far.

Hrmm, I've never participated in one of these threads...guess there's a first time for everything. ;)

:ds: Pokemon: Diamond ($23 Amazon lightning deal, it arrived on Tues. so I'm counting it as a July buy)
:ps3: Def Jam: Icon ($9)
:ps3: NBA Street Homecourt ($10)

And I'm not gonna list clothes...but I got a cool black & silver transformers hoodie from Hot Topic yesterday for $11. :p

EDIT: It's been a busy week - luckily, I did a lot of trade-ins so there wasn't much cash out-of-pocket for these:

:wii: Final Fantasy Fables: Mystery Dungeon
:ps3: Civilization Revolution
:ps3: Sega Rally: Revo
:wii: Nights: Journey of Dreams
:ds: Elite Beat Agents
:ps3: Warhawk
:ps3: Orange Box

I was only out $45 I believe total for the week, so not too bad.

I said I wasn't going to mention anymore clothing items, but I had been on the lookout for a decent pair of black Converse low-top shoes. Nothing really fancy. Was looking through Sears' clearance shoes and found a pair just like I wanted, my size, for $20. I took them up to the register, and the guy tells me if I give him my email address, he'll give me a $10 coupon. I give it to him, he instantly knocks $10 off the shoes, and I'm out the door for $11 total. :D

[quote name='kfrancia']$290 for a BAPE and BBC hoodie those can't be real. I think you bought some fake hoodies.[/quote]
I only buy real, even fakes are expensive so for like double the price of a fake one you can get a real one so why not.

But yeah I spend alot of $$$ on clothes but right now I still don't pay bills or anything so I'm just enjoying it for now.

Lost Odessey for 34 bucks at GS using 25% off coupon and Suffering Ties That Bind for 5 bucks at a fleamarket, thats all so far

Went to Anime Expo and got my MGS4 signed by David Hayter. Also as a bonus, got Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness signed by the lead artist for the game.

bread's done
Back