Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

boogie.gif

Allow me to be the first to put a deal in here. :D

Best Buy on Cobb Pkwy in Acworth has a 30% clearance sale on a bunch of 360, PS3, and Wii games. The highlights I saw were No More Heroes for $20, 4 HD-DVD players for the 360 for $20, and Vegas 2 LE for the PS3 for $50. They are located on the back wall by the video game section. They also had a Open Box table with some accessories but nothing stood out.

Ahhhh, new thread hmmmm? Yes, I see a man could get used to this.
This is great for me as now I'll feel like I've been here longer.

Truth be told, stumbling over the ATL thread was what got me to join CAG.
This truly is the best place for ATL info of anything gaming.

I got nothin' either. I'm still tryin' to meet up to pick up the darkness! Holla at me, man. Let me know.

[quote name='kitlink']The stone mountain best buy has a copy of Castlevania: dracula x chronicles 70% off.[/QUOTE]

Hey kit. I actually saw that in there the other day, along with Castlevania: POR for $6. That store does a pretty good job with clearance games, but I was in there on Friday, and they were pretty cleaned out by then.

Sheesh...We've been here for three days and there's already a stain on the carpet.

WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

I've been in Jacksonville most of the summer and I've missed Atlanta the whole time. Oh well, I guess a new board warrants a new thread.

Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know

[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know[/QUOTE]

Last clearance deal I saw was for the HALO3 ones at ATL Station Target, but that's been at least a month, I think...

Was at the Barrett Pkwy Target and Best Buy tonight. Target had two copies of Heavenly Sword for $15 and Best Buy had 6 Wii systems on the shelf.

[quote name='mitch079']Allow me to be the first to put a deal in here. :D

Best Buy on Cobb Pkwy in Acworth has a 30% clearance sale on a bunch of 360, PS3, and Wii games. The highlights I saw were No More Heroes for $20, 4 HD-DVD players for the 360 for $20, and Vegas 2 LE for the PS3 for $50. They are located on the back wall by the video game section. They also had a Open Box table with some accessories but nothing stood out.[/quote]

Those HD-DVD players were 39.99 less 30%... 27.99 cause I picked the last one up :)

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Was at the Barrett Pkwy Target and Best Buy tonight. Target had two copies of Heavenly Sword for $15 and Best Buy had 6 Wii systems on the shelf.[/quote]

AHHH, did you pick those HS up? If not I might take a trip out there tomorrow (Tuesday).

I didn't see shit at the best buy cumberland last night except two more copies of stranglehold for 15 on the xbox 360. I have to go up to kennesaw today for some stuff so I'll let you guys know if I see anything.

Zhar, hit me up man.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Shit, wish I would have known about heavenly sword cause I was out there tonight.[/quote]

lol, you posted directly under it :) -- sorry about last weekend; i was pretty busy. e-mail me your schedule and we'll try to work something out.

Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD. I don't need blue ray or HD just regular dvd. I live in Kennesaw but travel to Atlanta for work, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.

[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD. I don't need blue ray or HD just regular dvd. I live in Kennesaw but travel to Atlanta for work, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Do Gamestops still sell DVD's? I know when they did, they were selling for pretty cheap. I realize there are also Moviestops, but I think some GS still sell DVD's.

Thanks, I figured i'd check moviestop they have specials running all time, I found some good deals online but then shipping kills them.

[quote name='Tecka']Thanks, I figured i'd check moviestop they have specials running all time, I found some good deals online but then shipping kills them.[/QUOTE]

That may be your best bet, if you don't mind used. I would still check the GS first because I know that they were/are frantically and desperately trying to get rid of their DVD supply not too long ago.

Not too many GS still carry DVDs. Around the time that the B2G4 started, they consolidated them at certain stores. The one in Sandy Springs has a decent selection, but it's mostly crap. I couldn't find anything I was interested in buying multiple DVDs for.

I'd check CD Warehouse. The one up here at Mansell/Roswell Rd. is GREAT for DVDs. Tons of good movies for $5, and plenty more for $10-13. In fact, I'd say it would be well worth your time to head inland and visit. They also have several hundred pounds of TV on DVD. It's in a shopping center behind a Chipotle.

Here you guys are. Throwin'a a party and not telling me where it's at? Not cool, man, not cool.

[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD. I don't need blue ray or HD just regular dvd. I live in Kennesaw but travel to Atlanta for work, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.[/quote]

Have you been to the Moviestop on Barrett? Your selection might be limited if your max is $5 but it's probably the largest used inventory under one roof in metro Atlanta.

OK, who's the wiseguy that bought 20! B1G1F at the Blockbuster in Lilburn on Lawrenceville Hway and Beaver Ruin? I still got a few good ones including Conan. Good stuff.

Getting on board the new thread hello my fellow Atlantains dont have any deals to report in my area so far im in the Lithonia area.

[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD. I don't need blue ray or HD just regular dvd. I live in Kennesaw but travel to Atlanta for work, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.[/quote]

if you're still looking, I got a coupon printout for moviestop when I traded some games in yesterday (at the GS next door). They say that the expiration date is 03/31/08 on the flyer but considering they were giving them out inside the bag at GS, I think it's likely that they'll honor it. Anyway, here it is:

[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD. I don't need blue ray or HD just regular dvd. I live in Kennesaw but travel to Atlanta for work, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Check Speedy's weekly Target/CC/BB ad threads for cheap DVD sales in the DVD thread. Goodwill and other thrift stores would also be a spot to check, if you don't mind used. Hollywood and Blockbuster usually have decent sales on used DVDs that come out to about $5 each.

FYI - the Edgewood Target has 2 of the MGS4 PS3 bundles in the case, if any of you are looking for one.

I'd been looking, then gave up, then found them for sale on BB's website today, ordered one, and then walked right into Target only to find them sitting right there. Dammit. I almost bought one and then canceled my BB order...but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. :(

Lost for 360 at the Buckhead Circuit City rang up as $13.xx not the normal clearance price of $16.xx!

The clerk was suprised and said he was going to get one himself (there were a handfull left).
:cool:

HAS ANYONE had any luck finding an Eye of Justice / PS3 eye bundle in ATL for the new $29 clearance price? Both the Cobb WAllymarts are still full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know[/QUOTE]

The Sears off 285 exit 37 had a pink one for ~$25 last time I was by there.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Lost for 360 at the Buckhead Circuit City rang up as $13.xx not the normal clearance price of $16.xx!

The clerk was suprised and said he was going to get one himself (there were a handfull left).
:cool:

HAS ANYONE had any luck finding an Eye of Justice / PS3 eye bundle in ATL for the new $29 clearance price? Both the Cobb WAllymarts are still full price.[/QUOTE]

I found one up here in Acworth and bought it. If i come across any others, I'll let you know.

[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know[/quote]
How cheap do you need the wireless controllers to be? You might want to check some of the local CAG's trade lists. *HINT*

when the blazes did the old thread close. I swear you leave the internet for a few weeks and everything changes. missed the 2.0 'launch' I'm behind on most of my podcasts, my local thread is gone. it's a bloody whole new world. While I was gone (in Stone Mountain) I picked up SingStar Pop for $12. It's actually bloody fun. Since :wii:Rockband is pretty bad I'm looking forward to :wii:GHIV

I was up at Target (Lenox) and saw some goodies
:ps2:
Guitar Hero II (Disc Only) - $20
Crash of the Titans - $10 (3+)
Spyro:Eternal Night - $10 (3+)
Dance w/Stars - $15 (2)
Sega Superstar - $20

:wii: NMH - $30 (2)

:ds:
Bleach: Blade of Fate - $15
Disney Meteos - $7

I picked up the only Meteos I saw and a Guitar Hero.

I also saw at TRU (Buckhead) :wii:Bleach(3+) and :wii:Zack and Wiki (3+) for $20[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know[/quote]
I didn't check the prices but TRU did have clearance stickers on 360 controllers. I really only went there to see if they have :ps3:GRAW2 apparently it's supposed to be $5.. but no dice.[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD.[/quote]check the weeklys for BestBuy and Target they're always having sales on DVDs whole lists for just $3-5 each. A few months back i picked up Snatch, Knocked Up, T2, and A Scanner Darkly all for $5 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back