Abuse the tagging system, lose your tagging privileges

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Some of you have been tagging blogs and threads with nonsensical or completely unrelated tags. Starting now, those who abuse the system will lose the ability to use it.

Yes, we track tag submitters. You are not anonymous.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You really didn't see this happening?[/quote]
I saw this coming. I'm just glad that it's starting now... I had some fun with MSI Magus tags :lol:

[quote name='naes']I saw this coming. I'm just glad that it's starting now... I had some fun with MSI Magus tags :lol:[/quote]

That wasn't really directed at you, but, eh...

[quote name='Liquid 2']Aw.

Is this an infraction-esque loss, or permanent? Are they contestable?[/quote]
Nothing to do with infractions. They are permanent and not contestable.
This thread acts as the warning.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You really didn't see this happening?[/quote]

I forgot to study:

20040319h.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']Nothing to do with infractions. They are permanent and not contestable.
This thread acts as the warning.

I forgot to study:

20040319h.jpg
[/quote]

You can't argue with science!

[quote name='zewone']I guess my privileges got taken away before I got a warning. That's pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, did you need one?

I'm glad to see the OP can remove some tags manually. I saw one which I felt was inappropriate in my Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm thread which said "game everyone hates", so I just removed it (I didn't really hear anyone HATE the game, just someone might have wanted to start trouble). I mean, I've seen worse tags, but felt it wasn't needed.

[quote name='shipwreck']Honestly, did you need one?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't realize it was such a big deal.
[quote name='guinaevere'].[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the thread. A PM asking me to stop it or with a link to this thread would have been sufficient.

I didn't even know anyone had a problem with it.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, I didn't realize it was such a big deal.

I didn't see the thread. A PM asking me to stop it or with a link to this thread would have been sufficient.

I didn't even know anyone had a problem with it.[/quote]That's on the level of kids forum mods not having a problem with goatse images in threads.

It's inappropriate, immature, and since I'm guessing the tags are searchable, you're screwing with the system.

[quote name='guinaevere'].[/QUOTE]

Just to state, I'm pretty sure I did all this before the thread was even made. In fact, I'd say the thread was made because of me. So, I got punished before there was even a rule set, to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not sure how I was supposed to know I was "warned" without someone linking me here.

Maybe there should be some kind of FAQ or rules listing on the frontpage of the blogs instead of hidden away in an unpopular section of the forums.

[quote name='kPod']That's on the level of kids forum mods not having a problem with goatse images in threads.[/QUOTE]

rofl.

Really?

Mistagging a thread on CAG is on par with stretched anuses on a children's forum?

Seriously?

Am I missing a joke somewhere? This is a joke, right? You're joking?

I tagged three or four blogs with my username, before this warning, and stopped before this warning... but I still got banned from tagging blogs, a day later.

Can I have the tagging privileges back, please?

Last edited:
[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, there is a problem with the blog tagging/ I will be fixed.[/quote]

Dont you think that's a bit drastic?

[quote name='joe2187']Dont you think that's a bit drastic?[/quote]
No, this is such a serious problem, he deserves it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I can't tag blogs either, and I've never tagged them before. Why were my privileges removed?[/QUOTE]I was getting worried because I tried tagging my recent blog, and felt I got my privileges taken away. :whistle2:(

[quote name='lwelyk']No, this is such a serious problem, he deserves it.[/quote]

He deserves it for pushing back the CAGcast this week. ;)

WTF is a "tag"

Edit.
Nevermind. I just found out. Weird, I've always overlooked the whole "tag" thing at the time of a forum page.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, damn.. i always thought the prior tagging system was hilarious... loved putting the most random funny terms... oh well

It would seem I've recently lost my tagging privileges despite the fact that I haven't tagged a thread or blog in ages.

Any reason why? I'd like to know why they were arbitrarily removed.

[quote name='Rocko']It would seem I've recently lost my tagging privileges despite the fact that I haven't tagged a thread or blog in ages.

Any reason why? I'd like to know why they were arbitrarily removed.[/QUOTE]
Because you post in the OTT would be the rumor I hear

I had my tagging privileges removed for nothing, appealed to a more reasonable mod who agreed and restored them, and had them removed immediately afterward for the second time.

Contacted the reasonable mod, who told me that Cheapy told them that there are a group of users who shouldn't have tagging privileges at all. They happen to post in the OTT.
(They asked me not to say this, but they haven't been active for a while, and that people who have never even tagged before are having their privileges revoked is pretty ridiculous.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, now. My tagging privileges were restored a few days ago, which I appreciate, as I haven't done anything worthing of having them revoked. Today, within the past few hours, they were removed, despite the fact that I haven't tagged anything.

It's a little ridiculous that I'm not allowed to tag threads when I have never broken the tagging rule.

I don't have any tagging privileges either and I've never even tagged before. I had them a week ago and POOF they're gone.

I would like this to be solved ASAP. K thanx bye.

bread's done
Back