GoGamer Madness: $4.90 PC Games

Thanks, great prices. I picked up the three Games for Windows games - Blacksite, Universe at War, and Shadowrun. They should work nicely with my X360 controller for Windows.

[quote name='FernandoIchicabeza']Thanks, great prices. I picked up the three Games for Windows games - Blacksite, Universe at War, and Shadowrun. They should work nicely with my X360 controller for Windows.[/quote]

Blacksite isn't GFW. Probably works with the controller anyway, I ordered it as well, and the Movies. I just got Universe at War from Amazon for $10.

[quote name='Silverslug']Does this site have free shipping? Thats like the deal breaker for me...[/quote]

No, but "dirt cheap" shipping is less than $4 for up to 2 titles. Good luck finding a site selling $5 games with free shipping. They used to have cheaper shipping options for more games, but this way I can't go too crazy on these sales and try to stay to 2 or less.

Well, i meant if you spend a certain amount of money. Look at Amazon etc.

oh and do they check out with paypal?

::edit:: nvm. Ordered Universe at War and The movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jade empire - definitely worth owning.
Universe at War is fun - but stupid that you have to use Microsoft Live to play online.
Quake 4
Prey
Unreal Anthology - includes 1, 2, and 2004 - all great alternatives if your setup can't handle III.

Those would be my recommendations if I didn't already own all of them =)

Jade Empire, Quake 4, Prey, Unreal Anthology definitely are worth $4.90, if any of y'all don't have those.
All of those are good ones.

Lot of good games on there! The Movies is excellent, Jade Empire is really fun for those who enjoyed KOTOR and Mass Effect (same developer), and Prey is a pretty fun shooter. Good deals all around!

Wow, these are some really great deals! Can't remember the last time they had this many good games on sale at once.

The "catch" for me is I already own a lot of these (The Movies, Prey, Jade Empire, Quake 4)...but for these prices I'm picking up Unreal Anthology (just for Unreal 2-I thought the demo was fun, and I don't care about deathmatch games), and Myst 5. I've got Myst 3, but haven't played it yet. Don't have Myst 4 yet, but I know 5 got good reviews, and I loved Riven, at least back in the day.

A lot of these are tempting, but I'm just going to settle with the Unreal Anthology. I already have UT2004, but never played UT1 and 2, and don't have a copy of the original UT anymore, so $5 is a steal!

Nice! I picked up The Movies, Space Quest Collection, and Jade Empire. I played The Movies a long time ago and liked it and decided to get it again. The Space Quest collection is something I've been eyeing for a while, as I never finished playing the last couple of SQ games back when they first came out. And Jade Empire is something I've been wanting to play for a while but never got around to. Good stuff!

Jade Empire is great and should run well on most pcs. I picked up a game a few weeks ago and the dirt cheap shipping got it to my house in 2 days (I live in northern California). I'm tempted to grab Universe at war.

Ugh, like I need more PC games (still have 98% of the ones I bought @ CC in February unopened) but I couldn't resist.

btw, dirt cheap shipping costs as much as Ground now? It did for my order. :\ So I went with Ground.
---------------------------------------------------------
Product Line 1 : BlackSite: Area 51
Product ID: 20515186
Item Price: $4.90
QTY Ordered: 1
Shipping Method: Ground
Product Line 2 : Universe at War: Earth Assault
Product ID: 21532430
Product Line 3 : Jade Empire: Special Edition
Product ID: 8333360
Product Line 4 : Space Quest Compilation
Product ID: 6156220

----------------------
YOUR ORDER BALANCE:
----------------------

Subtotal: $19.60
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $6.99
------------
Total $26.59

:hot: This is awesome!
Ordered: Space Quest, Movies, Blacksite Area 51, and Jade Empire.
Would've bought Universe at War, but I already own it (for $12, argh)
Had to stop myself from buying more...

It's not a bad price, but the games I wanted from the list, I've already bought for less than $4.90 with free shipping on eBay (guess that's just me bragging, eh?)

Spider-Man friend or Foe is a really fun (but short) game if you have a joypad, The Movies is a LOT of fun if you like the sims/sim city/theme park. PREY and Blacksite:area51 are both very nice shooters, and of course Jade Empire is a steal at that price.

All of the games are well worth the cash.

Unreal Anthology is an amazing deal. All those Unreal games are fully patched and on a single DVD. It also comes with a soundtrack CD.

[quote name='shibaraski']are these games worth spending 4.50??[/QUOTE]

No.

I almost bit, but asked myself am I buying these games because they are cheap or because I want to play them?

[quote name='trip1eX']No.

I almost bit, but asked myself am I buying these games because they are cheap or because I want to play them?[/quote]

Same here. I still have way too many unopened games from the Circuit City sale.

[quote name='shibaraski']are these games worth spending 4.50??[/QUOTE]

[quote name='trip1eX']No.

I almost bit, but asked myself am I buying these games because they are cheap or because I want to play them?[/QUOTE]

Whaaaat?!? Most of these games are worth probably worth FULL price, and you guys are questioning $5?

[quote name='Alien Spider']
btw, dirt cheap shipping costs as much as Ground now? It did for my order. :\ So I went with Ground.[/QUOTE]

Crud, I didn't even look. Actually I used Google Checkout, and I don't remember if I was even given an option. Oh well, the games came fine and plenty fast for me when I ordered last a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='FernandoIchicabeza']http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/BlacksiteArea51.aspx

I'm unsure why gogamer often shows non-GFW packaging, but I'm fairly certain the game is the same as the link above.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why anyone would want to play with a gamepad though. Maybe if you had it on a TV and were sitting 10 feet away (maybe).

Traditional RTS games don't work on gamepads at all though IMO. I've tried the demos for every 360 one they've released...and they're just hideous IMO. Only console RTS I've played that works well is Pikimin, and that's because it was designed around the controller instead of shoe-horned in (and obviously the gameplay had to be really different). MAYBE if you massively slowed down the gameplay...
I prefer turn based stuff though anyway, and IMO it just works better on consoles.

What an awesome deal! I just picked up all these:

Universe at War: Earth Assault
Space Quest Compilation
BlackSite: Area 51
Just Cause
Infernal
American Conquest (I)

Total cost was $37.39. Thats $6.23 per game!

Thanks Cheapy!

I got the email for this at 3AM, but it wasn't active. Good thing the games I want aren't sold out.

I got Prey and Jade Empire. I wish they had price matching like Amazon, that way I could get some money back for Universe at War.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Whaaaat?!? Most of these games are worth probably worth FULL price, and you guys are questioning $5?
[/QUOTE]

If you really think that then I have a few games I want to sell you.

I received three separate emails telling me that my order for Prey, Jade Empire, and Just Cause were all canceled without a reason given. Anyone else have this problem?

In for Blacksite, Universe at War, and Battlestations: Midway. And here I thought I was going to escape July 4th without buying anything... Thanks Cheapy!

Damn, solid deals here. My buddy has Space Quest Collection, so I'll probably just borrow that from him, and I just borrowed and beat Jade Empire like 2 months ago, so no go on that one as well. I just ordered Quake 4 and UT Anthology. $13 for those two games ain't bad.

Dang, the only reason I'm not springing on Just Cause and Battlestations is I think they're on Gametap too...but for that price...

I'm sort of thinking of buying the import, non-censored The Witcher too as it's dropped $10, and Galactic Civilizations 2 (also dropped $10).

Dang, now I really need a new system! I guess I'm waiting for Dell's new XPS notebooks. I want something with at LEAST a Geforce 8600GT class GPU, and Blu Ray, and an LED backlight, which sort of limits my options. (Just for games that Gateway/Bestbuy deal is probably the way to go for a cheap, good gaming laptop.)

Hey, is the PC Blacksite any good? I was just writing it off as the 360 one seemed way too hard and no fun...but I just realized it might play better if I could actually HIT something...

American Conquest is a great game, although its graphics are a bit dated now, and it doesn't include the expansions. But, for 5 bucks, it's a awesome title for any RTS fan.

I bought:
Space Quest
Jade Empire

bread's done
Back