Amazon: Wordmaster (DS) - Preorder $13.99 - Release 7/15

anyone know ANYTHING about this game besides the Amazon touchpoints? looks interesting, but i don't want another 'Math Play'...

Also, OP, you might want to throw 'DS' into your subject line...

Well I am enjoying My Word Coach so I don't know...I do have a good feeling it'll bomb though (in sales and reviews)

It's Mastermind with words. Sounds cool. My daughter loves word games. I guess they could screw up the letter recognition, have a bad/small vocabulary list, etc. Here's a list of other games Destination Software is responsible for. Not promising at all.

Aly & AJ Road to Success (Nintendo DS)
Arctic Tale (Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Wii)
ATV: Thunder Ridge Riders/Monster Trucks Mayhem (Nintendo DS, Wii, PS2)
Balls of Fury (Nintendo DS, Wii)
Betty Boop's Double Shift (Nintendo DS)
Chicken Shoot (Nintendo DS)
Deal or No Deal (Game Boy Advance)
Garfield Gets Real (Nintendo DS, Wii)
M&M's Kart Racing (Nintendo DS, Wii)
Original Frisbee Disc Sports: Ultimate & Golf (Nintendo DS)
Run to the Playoffs (Game Boy Advance)
Sábado Gigante (Nintendo DS, Wii)
Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure (Nintendo DS, Wii, PS2)
Showtime Championship Boxing (Nintendo DS, Wii)
Step Up 2 the Streets (Game Boy Advance)
Yamaha Supercross (Nintendo DS, Wii, PS2)
Dr. Seuss: How The Grinch Stole Christmas! (NDS)
Wiffle Ball (Nintendo DS)

Thanks, lilboo...I'm going to snag this.

If you guys are looking for a great word game for the DS you should check out WordJong...it's a blast!

Very addictive and challenging, tons of puzzles and modes, and it's even got a really fun online multiplayer. And it's only $20!

Delayed.

[quote name='An email from Amazon:']We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on July 04 2008 11:01 PDT. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Wordmaster" [Video Game]
Release date: 08/12/2008
Estimated arrival date: 08/15/2008[/quote]

[quote name='Foo228']Well I am enjoying My Word Coach so I don't know...I do have a good feeling it'll bomb though (in sales and reviews)[/quote]

My Word Couch feels like it could of be better. It sucks that its doesn't pronounce the words for you and I really hate that soup game (its just plain stupid).

DSI *almost* had it with one of their new releases--1 vs. 100 for the DS. By far, it's the best DS release yet. Then again, when you're comparing it to the ridiculously flawed Deal or No Deal and their heavily pixelated board game compilations, that's not saying a heckuva lot.

I enjoyed 1 vs. 100 until this happened...

I got to a 1 vs. 1 scenario, myself versus one AI player. I played 18 frickin' questions against the computer until I finally gave up and took the virtual $500,000. Either the computer 1 got very lucky (18 times in a row) or you can't beat the darn game! Destination Software never fails to fubar their games.

Enough about 1 vs. 100...

[quote name='bmachine']If you guys are looking for a great word game for the DS you should check out WordJong...it's a blast!

Very addictive and challenging, tons of puzzles and modes, and it's even got a really fun online multiplayer. And it's only $20![/quote]
QFT. WordJong is extremely addictive, a good challenge, and worth every penny.

i would hold my money and buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Destination-S..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1216428504&sr=1-1

Puzzler Collection

Over 2,000 puzzles for ultimate variety and replay value. Unique game modes include Quick Blast-beat the clock and Fast and Fun-complete as many puzzles as possible in a row without running out of time or making an error.
Try the Tournament game mode for a series of randomly selected puzzles of each game type. Play against a friend in Head-to-Head mode - two different multiplay games keep friends coming back for more.
3 difficluty levels create fun for players of any skill. Create up to 4 profiles to track your performance and monitor your best times.
The Stop & Save feature allows you to continue challenging puzzles next time you play.
Navigate through games and menus simply by using the Nintendo DS stylus and touch pad

this game has been delayed 3 times (along with the game the OP posted) so who knows if these games will really come out. I be shocked if either come out by xmas

Got my Wordmaster in the mail on Friday...it's no WordJong, but it's actually a lot of fun, and fairly well made.

I'm concerned that I'm going to run out of puzzles before I run out of interest, though...I've only played through a few hours and I'm already at the "accomplished" level.

I'll have to check out that Puzzler Collection, too.

Destination=crap Buy Crosswords DS instead. It is a solid title. My wife has been playing it for about 3 months and still loves it.

bread's done
Back