Half-Life 2 Help Needed!!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If you can't get it at all I'd try to reinstall and if that doesn't work, call tech support.[/quote]

I've already installed once.

Yeah but there may have been a problem during installation. Try uninstalling it from the add/remove programs menu in the control panel. Then reinstall it and and try running it again. Sometimes, albeit it is rare, a program will install incorrectly.

Are you running ZoneAlarm when you start HL2? That crashes my friend's computer every time. Closing ZoneAlarm before beginning a game fixes the problem though.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah but there may have been a problem during installation. Try uninstalling it from the add/remove programs menu in the control panel. Then reinstall it and and try running it again. Sometimes, albeit it is rare, a program will install incorrectly.[/quote]

Oops, I meant re-installed. I've already re-installed once.

I've never played a PC game outside of solitaire and some flash games but HL2 looks awesome. Is it hard to play?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah but there may have been a problem during installation. Try uninstalling it from the add/remove programs menu in the control panel. Then reinstall it and and try running it again. Sometimes, albeit it is rare, a program will install incorrectly.[/quote]

Oops, I meant re-installed. I've already re-installed once.[/quote]

Oh hmm well then. Did it work before you installed the updates? Another thing you may want to try is to download the latest driver for your video card.

Mine did that too for a little while due to some problems with the resolution settings. I had one set for Everquest II that wasnt quite friendly with Half Life 2. Make sure that your res settings are correct. Seems simple, but it might just be something you overlooked.

ARGH, it still is doing the same thing. I've updated my video card drives and the whole schebang. It just keeps freezing on the Valve screen! I'm getting so pissed.

go to valve's onlines support.. they have a huge section on troubleshooting... i was having problems running the demos... but check out the support.. they have scripts you can run.... also points out common erros like video card updates..motherboard updates..along with some common sound problems.

It was helpful to me

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']go to valve's onlines support.. they have a huge section on troubleshooting... i was having problems running the demos... but check out the support.. they have scripts you can run.... also points out common erros like video card updates..motherboard updates..along with some common sound problems.

It was helpful to me[/quote]

Bingo.

I had that problem, and I found out that I had to copy everything from "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\user name\half-life 2\bin"
into "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\user name\half-life 2"

[quote name='javeryh']I've never played a PC game outside of solitaire and some flash games but HL2 looks awesome. Is it hard to play?[/quote]
You should get it. Its a great game. Its not that hard if youve ever played a FPS, but you can change the difficulity level if its too hard.

bread's done
Back