Official Sons of Anarchy Thread (Premieres September 3rd)

nevposey

CAGiversary!
After I found out that theres a healthy amount of Shield fans here, I think you guys should be glad to know that Kurt Sutter, executive producer and writer for the The Shield is starting his own show 'Sons of Anarchy' on FX. The commercials are literally everywhere on FX and it actually looks pretty good. Better yet, Dutch from The Shield is also part of the show and it seems like hes some govt. authority figure on there as well. I guess he has that look to him.

You guys have seen the promos for this show right? What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check it out when I get a chance... looks like they got it on netflix.
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Blue_Murder_Set_1/70068433?lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=926758717_0_0

I'm really looking for anything with that sort of gritty drama feel to it. Thats what I liked about Sons of Anarchy when I saw the promos on tv and on its website (http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/soa/). I also like the whole illegal underground biker angle to the show, its something thats pretty new for me. I'm reading that Drea de Matteo is on there, but I don't catch her on any of the promos. Anyone else see her on there?

I was gonna make an official SoA thread today, but you beat me to it. I'm looking forward to a new drama on FX, and this one looks to be pretty decent.

Please add to the title that this show begins on Sept. 3 on FX (if you want to make this the official thread).:D

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to it a bit more each time I see those vids or commercials. I also read that Jay Karnes (Dutch boy from The Shield) has some appearances in the show.

What stood out to you about the show and what makes you want to watch it?

btw... how do I change the title? I know how to edit posts but I'm not seeing where I could change title information.

[quote name='nevposey']Yeah I'm actually looking forward to it a bit more each time I see those vids or commercials. I also read that Jay Karnes (Dutch boy from The Shield) has some appearances in the show.

What stood out to you about the show and what makes you want to watch it?

btw... how do I change the title? I know how to edit posts but I'm not seeing where I could change title information.[/quote]

I dunno. Maybe it was the conversation in the scene between the cop and the biker as they are going down the street that got me interested. I then went to the website to learn more about the story, then I saw another (longer) commercial for it, and I knew I was gonna like it.

To edit, I think you have to click edit twice (once to edit the OP, then to edit the title itself).

Yeah the website really gives you a pretty teaserish preview of what the show is about but from I read and saw it looks good. The whole undergound biker theme seems like a fresh angle for a series. More interesting I thought was the cast they put into this show, some of them are known but I don't think I've seen most of them, like I don't think I've seen the main character in anything. I only recognized Ron Perlman, that lady who does Peggy from Married with Children (she also does Leela from Futurama) and Drea de Matteo. I hope Drea de Matteo has a bigger part than she did in the Sopranos...

Seeing commercials for this more and more, they're also seem to be really anchoring it with The Shield premiere next week as well. Am I the only one who thinks Katey Segal is hot in this?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Somebody sell this to me. Why should I watch it?[/QUOTE]

Gritty biker drama which we haven't seen since.......Renegade?

There was a special on this show last week, but I chose not to watch for fear of spoilers.

Getting excited for the show's premiere!

Ron Perlman and mild Shakespeare reference? Sign me up. Plus, it has Drea de Matteo and Jay Karnes. Whom I dig.

I'm hoping that it'll be good, FX usually has a tendency of releasing great shows so I hope this isn't the first one that will suck.

Yea FX just plain delivers. They have earned a guarantee that I will at least watch the first few episodes of any show they produce. I will have to check out Blue Murder that looks interesting. Speaking of similarities Dutch is just like Detective Tim Bayliss from Homicide life on the street.

[quote name='Jeff Mukau']I'm hoping that it'll be good, FX usually has a tendency of releasing great shows so I hope this isn't the first one that will suck.[/QUOTE]

dirt already has that title

[quote name='jlarlee']dirt already has that title[/quote]
I don't really consider Dirt a show just because it was a huge pile of shit.

[quote name='Jeff Mukau']I don't really consider Dirt a show just because it was a huge pile of shit.[/quote]

Concurred.

What did you guys think of the premier? I liked it, I will defenitly watch it next Wed. One question thought who is that Irish accent guy in the Son of Anarchy gang w/ the scar on his face, I know I seen him in some movie before

Edit: Oh its not over yet, I guess its a 2 hour premier?

I just finished watching it. I was hooked half-way through the episode and the ending just reeled me in. Katey Sagal is damn versatile.

Saw it over the weekend, really enjoyed it. I didn't know Ron Perlman played such a major role in the show, I was never a huge fan of him but he won me over. Katey Segal has always been one of my favorites, I like her as a mean bitch.

They covered most of the footage from the trailers in the pilot so I'm not sure what to expect for the next episode this Wednesday. I'm expecting some more shots to the jugular and some baby mama drama, in other words a good show.

Wow, there are some decent actors in this show! I like Ron Perlman, and that Scottish guy with the cheek scars, Tommy Flanaghan. Plus, Agent Skinner and Drea de Mateo.

This should be a great series.

I didn't understand the scene where
the Asian Elvis got his ass beat. Pretty funny that he was still speaking like the King as he was getting beat down.
Edit. Nevermind. I just saw the end of the episode.

Did you guys remember Katey Segal having a brief stint in The Shield? She played Ben Gilroy's widow, I was watching the DVDs over again and I was shocked to have missed her before.

I expect some great things from the series too, the violence in the show was pretty shocking... though I remember being shocked about the violence in the Shield when I saw the first episode. I'm actually hoping for a fight between Drea and Katey Segal at some point, I'm putting my money on Katey.

Where do you guys see the show going?

[quote name='nevposey']Did you guys remember Katey Segal having a brief stint in The Shield? She played Ben Gilroy's widow, I was watching the DVDs over again and I was shocked to have missed her before.
[/quote]

Yup. I never understood why, until I found she's actually married to Kurt Sutter (Shield writer, SoA creator).

Nice part is, though, she's a good actress. I'm cool with nepotism as long as the person is qualified in the first place. :lol:

Another good episode, their are a good amount of mini storylines

Who is the guy who plays the Irish Guy with the scar on his face, I checked IMDB.com and he is not listed under cast for Sons of Anarchy

[quote name='Poor2More']Another good episode, their are a good amount of mini storylines

Who is the guy who plays the Irish Guy with the scar on his face, I checked IMDB.com and he is not listed under cast for Sons of Anarchy[/quote]

Tommy Flanagan. His freakin' brogue is really hard to understand in this show. But he's Scottish, not Irish.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281107/

hell, I was glad I finally figured out that the dude playing Jackson is the dude who was Frodo's brother in law in Green Streets Hooligan (awesome movie btw)

Good show. I watched the premiere last week, and then watched the second episode tonight. Katey Segal is a pretty great actress, I never really knew that.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Good show. I watched the premiere last week, and then watched the second episode tonight. Katey Segal is a pretty great actress, I never really knew that.[/quote]

I agree, she came a long way since Peggy Bundy :) love that show

[quote name='shieryda']That prostitute was nice to look at until she took her top off. Nice rack, but something's up with her stomach.[/quote]

right? I was like what the fuck is that? Also, the axe scene was pretty damn funny.

love the show so far...I really hope they explain the back story on why Katey Segal doesn't won't her son leading the group down the soft path

[quote name='ryanbph']I really hope they explain the back story on why Katey Segal doesn't won't her son leading the group down the soft path[/QUOTE]

considering that at least the first two episodes is setting up the story to be about that, I don't see how they could gloss over it

Not watching any more scenes from future episodes at the end of each show. I'm pissed that I saw that
Wendy's character survived the drug overdose.

I can't wait to find out the back-story on the nurse and Jax.

[quote name='fart_bubble']considering that at least the first two episodes is setting up the story to be about that, I don't see how they could gloss over it[/quote]

I would love to see a flashback...while it isn't definite, too me it is almost like the current president and mrs segal influenced the death of the founder. She keeps talking about how she doesn't want her son to ruin what they built.

[quote name='ryanbph']I would love to see a flashback...while it isn't definite, too me it is almost like the current president and mrs segal influenced the death of the founder. She keeps talking about how she doesn't want her son to ruin what they built.[/quote]

And she mentioned something about taking after the "right dad", or something.

I am assuming that the current president, ron pearlman, had a significant other as well. The old picture of pearlman, the dead former leader, sagal had a blonde in it. Didn't he also mention that he had a son once? Would really love to get a shitload of the backstories going on done in flashbacks, rather then ineundo's about the past

[quote name='ryanbph']I am assuming that the current president, ron pearlman, had a significant other as well. The old picture of pearlman, the dead former leader, sagal had a blonde in it. Didn't he also mention that he had a son once? Would really love to get a shitload of the backstories going on done in flashbacks, rather then ineundo's about the past[/quote]

What?! I gotta stop checking CAG during this show! I didn't catch any of that shit.

I'm really liking this one so far.

Love that Dutch Boy from The Shield made an appearance (well the actor, not the character.) Looks like he'll be in at least the next few epis, too.

"What you wanna bond or something? Fine come over here, Im going to dunk my balls in your mouth, you'll gag, we'll laugh, be best friends forever"

LMAO, that was a funny part

bread's done
Back