Blitz: The League II - Gen. Discussion & Info

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
94356596715mw7.jpg

Official Press Release

CHICAGO, IL – July 8, 2008 - Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer, announced today the development of Blitz: The League® II. Back for another season of heart-pumping, bone-crushing, no-holds-barred football action, Blitz: The League II strips the rules and regulations from traditional football to enhance the fun by bringing the pain. Complete with an all-new story mode penned by former ESPN “Playmakers” writer, Peter Egan, and the return of football legend, Lawrence Taylor, Blitz: The League II builds on the success of the previous release with new features and enhanced gameplay. Blitz: The League II is scheduled for release this fall for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system.

“Professional football has long sought to gloss over the often brutal realities that surround the game and its players,” said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing, Midway Home Entertainment. “Blitz: The League II embraces the most compelling storylines behind America’s favorite sport and allows fans to experience them in a bold, interactive way.”

For additional information about Blitz: The League II visit www.blitzleague.com.

Media:

Reviews:

360 Monster - 90/100
http://www.consolemonster.com/review.php?id=0000001353

Anyone looking for a fun, arcade alternative to Madden should look no further, this is it. The gameplay is innovative and fun, the graphics are good for the most part, and the audio is brilliant. Now if you will excuse me, I'm off to break more bones.

WonderWeb - 8.9/10
http://wonderwallweb.com/article-488-Blitz-the-League-II.html

Being a fan of Madden I was surprised how much I enjoyed this title, its separated far enough from the NFL to be more enjoyable, games that usually parody a real sport (FIFA Street for example) tend to be cheap, rubbish to play and lose the feel of the sport, Midways Blitz 2 shows how to make an effective and enjoyable new style of American Football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphics don't look the greatest but the game isn't set to release until this fall so they have at least 3 months to work on that, not to mention the images are jpeg. As for the series, i love Blitz. I find the games much easier to get into than Madden or NCAA and they are just a blast to play :D Looking forward to this sequel, hopefully it improves the load times and small glitches that were present in the first.

Awesome, I have been a fan of blitz since the first game and just recently I picked up Blitz The League for 360 at TRU for 7 bucks and I have been playing the heck out of it. I recommend picking that up if you plan on getting this.

Blitz fan since the beginning. Remember dropping about $40 in quarters in a month's time on this game at the arcades.

Good times.

The last one was good, but I hope they can give the offline portion of this game a little more meat on the bones. I like the campaign aspect, but I'd like to see a regular season or even franchise mode to keep me interested.

You can actually rupture other player's testicles in the game. There is even an achievement called "testikill" if you end up doing this.

I'm actually more excited about this game than Madden.

[quote name='RawisJericho']You can actually rupture other player's testicles in the game. There is even an achievement called "testikill" if you end up doing this.

I'm actually more excited about this game than Madden.[/quote]
I've grown tired of madden. Each year, same crappy AI, only slightly improved graphics and animations.

Possibly the greatest thing about this game is that Frank Caliendo is doing the play-by-play. AS JOHN MADDEN! I have a feeling I will be blaming several interceptions and fumbles on laughing too hard. Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know the comic genius of Frank Caliendo:

Not exactly a trailer, but it shows off some gameplay. It's one sweet trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6v4dZymqZ8

They were showing off the precision aim tackling system that they've been bragging about for a long time. Getting to target specific body parts as you get near and choose your intensity. Its a nice add on.

Yeah, Playmakers was a great show - I'm glad they brought back Peter Egan to make the storyline for the second Blitz. Judging from how they're making everything a lot crazier, I'm pretty sure the storyline will be just as crazy. The story mode for the first Blitz was really good and its interesting to see that a lot of the stories are actually true. They even tapped into LT's personal life... sending over hookers to his opposing team's hotel rooms the night before the game to tire them out was right out of LT's playbook.

Sometimes you think reviewers forget that games are supposed to be fun to play, ya know? This game is a nice change of pace for a football fan, I absolutely love it.

[quote name='saintpale']Sometimes you think reviewers forget that games are supposed to be fun to play, ya know? This game is a nice change of pace for a football fan, I absolutely love it.[/quote]
I agree. This is a series all about going big. Not to be taken serious or played with strategy. You go out, try to cripple the team, then rinse & repeat.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Game has dropped to $40 at Gamestop new. Question is will it drop to $20 before or after Thanksgiving/Christmas.[/quote]

I'm holding out for a $20 drop now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Game has dropped to $40 at Gamestop new. Question is will it drop to $20 before or after Thanksgiving/Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why every store was charging $60 for it anyway when the commercials explicitly state that it's available for $40.

does anyone have blitz 2? if so how is it? i have the first one and love it...does anyone know where i might find it cheap?

[quote name='cmello4life']does anyone have blitz 2? if so how is it? i have the first one and love it...does anyone know where i might find it cheap?[/QUOTE]

There's probably a thread for this.

I have Blitz 2, and if you enjoy the first one you should get a kick out of the sequel. It's a slight upgrade over the previous game, except it's meaner and also loads faster.

As far as price, the MSRP for the game is $39.99, so you should be able to find a decent price for a used copy, otherwise I bet this will soon hit the clearance rack.

Hrm. I remember it was $15 at Best Buy for a certain week but I believe it was PS3 only.

I had fun with the first one at $10, I'm hoping for the same with this one eventually.

ya i liked it but eveeryone says it's not much differenet from the 1st one so maybe i will wait awhile cause i think 40 is steep for it

It's $15 right now for Best Buy Reward Zone Silver members. I believe the deal ends this Saturday though. The game is well worth $15. The "Madden" commentary had me laughing out loud quite a bit. I also laughed when I played the Cleveland Steamers and saw that their starting running back is named D. Sanchez.

hmmmm if it's 15$ i'm def gonna try and find out online it says 40.00 but if i get it for 15$ i know blitz 2 will be getting played today

[quote name='cmello4life']went to best buy it was 40$ still[/quote]

It is listed at $40. If you are a best buy silver reward zone member (have spent over $2500 in a year) you will get the game for $15 when you check out.

Seriously this exclusive license thing is killing my love for football game.

I guess what I am asking is if you think the game will get old really quick or not. APF was a great game but just couldnt bring myself to play such a realistic game without the real teams.

I can't answer your question yet, Sood, but I wanted to let everyone know that I got the game courtesy of Shrike. I've played one game plus the tutorials for the achievement. If I'm not on your list, add Matt Young 951 to play me.

Okay, this is one fun ass game. I was ready to declare that the CPU is too hard/cheap after playing 3 exhibition games (difficulty is adjustable; I'm talking Normal) but apparently, in Campaign, the difficulty must be scaling.

After winning 2 of 3 exhibition games and completing the tutorials, I won my first Campaign game 54-14. It could have been more, had I not screwed up. So it must be that Division 3 teams are atrocious, and Division 1 teams will hopefully provide a tough challenge.

So far, I'm loving the game. For $20, it was a steal, but even for the full $40, I'd say it's worth it.

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, this is one fun ass game. I was ready to declare that the CPU is too hard/cheap after playing 3 exhibition games (difficulty is adjustable; I'm talking Normal) but apparently, in Campaign, the difficulty must be scaling.

After winning 2 of 3 exhibition games and completing the tutorials, I won my first Campaign game 54-14. It could have been more, had I not screwed up. So it must be that Division 3 teams are atrocious, and Division 1 teams will hopefully provide a tough challenge.

So far, I'm loving the game. For $20, it was a steal, but even for the full $40, I'd say it's worth it.[/quote]

I loved it until I got to the damn Prison Level. I played that level so many times, and I just couldn't beat it. I was so pissed.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Seriously this exclusive license thing is killing my love for football game.

I guess what I am asking is if you think the game will get old really quick or not. APF was a great game but just couldnt bring myself to play such a realistic game without the real teams.[/QUOTE]

This game is the complete opposite of APF.

There are a couple different game modes, but the campaign story doesn't change much so it might not have the same replay value.

It is one of those games that's just fun to pick up and play every now and then however.

[quote name='Layziebones']I loved it until I got to the damn Prison Level. I played that level so many times, and I just couldn't beat it. I was so pissed.[/QUOTE]

fuck the prison game. I lost on a last second TD the first time, and then I've gotten injured, automatically ending the game, 7 straight times. That usually happens in the 4th quarter.

[quote name='Matt Young']fuck the prison game. I lost on a last second TD the first time, and then I've gotten injured, automatically ending the game, 7 straight times. That usually happens in the 4th quarter.[/quote]

Yup. I get one of three scenarios.

1. I am winning with a considerable lead and then the other team using a block breaker and runs in for a touchdown several times.

2. I get completely blown out.

3. I get within a minute of the game ending, and I get my collar bone broken.

Ridiculously hard.

What play is best to call to get Franchise near Packrat James? (I am playing w/ Franchise as the QB). Packrat is on defense, and the humongous New England defensive lineman is owning my O-line. What play can I call that will put enough people on the offensive line so I can get around them?

I've managed to get 2 unleashed injuries on Packrat James in a single game, but both have only put him out for a few plays. I wasn't able to get him a third time yet, and I don't know if that will work, or if it'll just be another minor injury.

This is really frustrating, and it is totally random whether he will blitz or stay back in the secondary, so I have to keep restarting the game.

EDIT:

Just noticed that this can be done in "Any Game Mode", so I'll try boosting this one in multi-player or bonus mode so I can set the quarter length to 5 minutes

last night i was showing a few of my friends from class the injuries from this game since they have videos of them on youtube. ruptured scrotum and broken collar bone made the biggest impressions, and rightfully so.

btw, this game is fucking great. am i the only one who had no problems with the prison game? i won that on one try. division 2's first 3 games were the bitch for me so far.

bread's done
Back