- - - - -

MS Bringing It Home: E3 2008

#721 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10485 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:36 AM

After watching the replay on G4, I'm liking the presentation a lot better. Still not sold on Avatars/new dashboard, but I'll wait until it's released before passing final judgement.

Not really any complaints beyond that. Depending on how decent the vocal cut for your own music on Lips is (I'm not expecting much), I may check it out. That game show stuff should be awesome.

Oh, and that Activision guy's presentation for Guitar Hero was even more unintentionally funny the second time around.
Posted Image

#722 porieux   Brutal CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Is it just me or does this new 'xbox experience' look like they just copied Apple's CoverFlow and stuck it into a Wii-like shell? So far I'm not convinced. I hope it's good.

#723 homeland   woman wooh man CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

would putting a game on the hdd, reduce the heat created while playing and in turn reduce the eventual RROD?

#724 FrankySox   KB24 MAMBA CAGiversary!   3024 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

I keep reading on this board something about downloading full games to the HDD, what is that all about and where can I find more information on this?
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#725 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66895 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:24 AM

I keep reading on this board something about downloading full games to the HDD, what is that all about and where can I find more information on this?

Major Nelson's website, the second post from the top.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#726 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:26 AM

The main part of this isn't downloading full retail games (outside of XBLA), but it's installing full retail disc games to reduce load times. This will apparently be compatible with past, present and future 360 disc-based games. You will still have to have the game disc in order to play the game, though.

#727 homeland   woman wooh man CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:26 AM

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3168717

#728 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17256 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:28 AM

The Digital Rights Management needs to be really fixed if they decide to do something like this other wise it's going to be pain in the ass if people continue to have high RRoD failure rates.

I do very much like the idea of Netflix coming to the 360. I hope this new service will be much cheaper than Netflix since you don't have to wait for it to arrive nor have to send it back when your done. Just order whatever you want for a low monthly rate and that's it.

#729 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:39 AM

It's already been stated that the red controller will be released as a limited edition along with a green one later in the year for a staggering $65.

yeah, but that also includes a play and charge kit

Sweet, thanks for the info :) When I saw the controller I knew I had to have it :razz: And better yet, I won't have to have a mismatching rechargeable battery for it, woo.

And on the topic of the Avatars and new dashboard, I like it and it seems like it could be pretty fun, and it seems to already have more use than the Miis. Also want to know more about the gameshows that will be on Primetime, considering they have the company that produces Big Brother, there could be a LOT of potential.

Also, the only thing that makes me sad is that only Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed for XBLA, not Banjo-Tooie yet :( Hopefully if they follow in the footsteps of Sonic a bit, we'll just have to wait a little longer :) Oh, and I guess there is one more bad thing, and that is my hype for Fallout 3 is not nearly as high as it was before :(

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#730 JSP   Return to my Roots CAGiversary!   12015 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

How many points do you wager Banjo will be?
Posted Image

where scoob

#731 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:45 AM

I just want to know how in the hell neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to get A FREAKING TRAILER OF FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THEIR MARKETPLACE? Seriously, does Square destroy their code after every unveiling or something? I'm sick and tired of this off-screen stuff. I want Hi-Def, in my face video, right now!

I'm betting Banjo will be 800, because at 1200 they can kiss that franchise goodbye.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#732 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:47 AM

I'd say 800 msp for Banjo, but I could see them having the balls to charge 1200 considering Puzzle Quest was that and Penny Arcade was 1600... On the other hand, Vigilante 8 is only going to be 800(in addition to DLC). So yea, I'm thinking 800 points...

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#733 FrankySox   KB24 MAMBA CAGiversary!   3024 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3168717

Thanks, that clears it up. Very good this wont be mandatory...too bad the disc has to be in the tray, free games are cool.
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#734 nyprimus4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:11 AM

How many points do you wager Banjo will be?

800 or no dice. I'll break out the N64 if it is anymore.

#735 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

Is this new dashboard mandatory? Can't we still use the blade setup? The new one reminds me of the PS3's shitty XMB.

#736 nyprimus4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:07 AM

Is this new dashboard mandatory?

Yes.

#737 Moxio   Supervillain CAGiversary!   35394 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:07 AM

I just want to know how in the hell neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to get A FREAKING TRAILER OF FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THEIR MARKETPLACE? Seriously, does Square destroy their code after every unveiling or something? I'm sick and tired of this off-screen stuff. I want Hi-Def, in my face video, right now!

I'm betting Banjo will be 800, because at 1200 they can kiss that franchise goodbye.

The E3 XIII trailer is available in HD on GT.

#738 homeland   woman wooh man CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:13 AM

http://www.xbox360fa...y-xiii-trailer/ here's a link to the trailer

#739 DuskZeppelin   Established Since 1989. CAGiversary!   8197 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DuskZeppelin

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

I heard you can chose to have the blades like the old way, but the update is like any others, you don't NEED to.

But why the Fuck wouldn't you? ;/

#740 thrustbucket   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7942 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

thrustbucket

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

Honestly, Im really disappointed that they didnt announce that. I was really looking forward to motion control, 4 person private chat, clan integration, ect, but instead Im downgrading from the dashboard to the Wii interface. Im actually kind of disapointed.

They are putting in 8 person chat.

#741 thrustbucket   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7942 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

thrustbucket

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

I heard you can chose to have the blades like the old way, but the update is like any others, you don't NEED to.

But why the Fuck wouldn't you? ;/

What they meant by that is that now when you press the guide button, anywhere, you'll get a miniature version of the blade interface that gives you shortcuts to everything:

Posted Image

As I understand it, you can theoretically use this interface to do everything, if you so choose.

#742 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:03 AM

Wait though, isn't this new "dash" really just for the "Xbox Experience"? And not the general dash?

#743 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

Wait though, isn't this new "dash" really just for the "Xbox Experience"? And not the general dash?

the new dashboard is the new dashboard. it's the general dashboard.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#744 DuskZeppelin   Established Since 1989. CAGiversary!   8197 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DuskZeppelin

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

It is part of the experience, it's the new norm.

#745 Chase   imo CAGiversary!   7655 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:55 AM

More general thoughts I glossed over this morning during the chaotic, fast-updating thread.

- While I try to remain optimistic, I cannot say I dig the new Dashboard interface. I fail to see how this design would lead to easier navigation and efficient content browsing. This new interface reminds me of Apple's Cover Flow and Microsoft's Windows Vista: pretty but inefficient.

- Here's hoping Microsoft has tons of styles, clothes, and other various tweaks for Avatars. If everyone's Avatar looks the same, it'll be an eyesore. I would prefer it if they allowed me to recreate Motoko Kusanagi as my Avatar (as it's my gamerpic). I know we will be able to use gamerpics, but it just seems stubborn to resist trying out a new feature.

#746 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6995 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

Lets just hope they dont give us 10 shirts, 10 pants, and expect us to pay for more.

the7thnumber.png

#747 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:39 AM

The current dash is the best. I don't get why they felt the need to change it. Probably want the 360 to resemble Media Center. The Netflix partnership is probably the catalyst.

#748 GTzerO   Banned Banned   524 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GTzerO

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

Just saw the new dashboard.

Uh.....wut.

#749 KillJoi99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

They are putting in 8 person chat.

Yea, but only in the dashboard, that doesnt really count.

Posted Image
Are you a Browns fan? Know a Browns fan? Then join the local CAG Browns Backers chapter.

#750 KillJoi99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

Lets just hope they dont give us 10 shirts, 10 pants, and expect us to pay for more.

You know that one is inevitable. This is the same company that only lets us use 1 pic for custom themes and doesn't let us use our own pics AT ALL for our gamer pics.

Posted Image
Are you a Browns fan? Know a Browns fan? Then join the local CAG Browns Backers chapter.