PS1 Game Cases?

HakoneNanamagari

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was wondering if there was any place to buy PS1 4-disc game cases. I just bought a copy of Final Fantasy IX for cheap because the case is pretty much destroyed, and I want to have a nice case for it so it'll look good on my shelf.
Of course, if any of you have any spares to sell I'll buy 'em. But please, if there's a place to buy them, I'd really like to know!

Edit: Oops, I'm sorry! I posted this in the wrong forum by mistake. If somebody could move this to the deal request forum for video games, I'd appreciate it. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got FF9 up on eBay right now, it's missing the first disc and the second is pretty scratched so I don't expect it to sell for that much. You could buy it and chuck the game discs and just use the case!

Grue - Put it on my watchlist, I might just end up doing that. Thanks!
Serenity - Thanks, but...I'm really looking for the official PS1 cases. BRE-Software sells game cases that they've gutted for current systems, but I haven't found a source for PS1. Thank you though!

[quote name='HakoneNanamagari']Grue - Put it on my watchlist, I might just end up doing that. Thanks!
Serenity - Thanks, but...I'm really looking for the official PS1 cases. BRE-Software sells game cases that they've gutted for current systems, but I haven't found a source for PS1. Thank you though![/quote]

There is no such thing as official PS1 cases. The cases are just standard jewel cases. I'll assume that the problem that you had with the quad cases I linked to was the black cd tray instead of the clear plastic ones.

If that is the case, you could always buy the quad case(s) or whichever case you need and separately buy the clear plastic cd tray. The website also sells those

http://www.sleevetown.com/jewel-case-parts.shtml . The tray is the third one from the top.

Neo Queen Serenity is mostly right. PSX cases aren't really any different from regular jewel cases. However, Sony did make sure to use trays with the highest quality push buttons --I own 100+ PSX games and have never had one break-- and those are tougher to find in the replacement case market. If you're that particular about matching your cases with the originals, you might be better served just looking for originals.

As an extra note, any PSX games that come in the double-wide case but do not use both trays, e.g. Alundra, Wild Arms, have a special tray with an embossed PlayStation logo in place of the button.

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']There is no such thing as official PS1 cases. The cases are just standard jewel cases. I'll assume that the problem that you had with the quad cases I linked to was the black cd tray instead of the clear plastic ones.

If that is the case, you could always buy the quad case(s) or whichever case you need and separately buy the clear plastic cd tray. The website also sells those

http://www.sleevetown.com/jewel-case-parts.shtml . The tray is the third one from the top.[/QUOTE]

there are ps1 cases. the cd holder is clear and has sony or ps on it, i forgot. and rapsodist. they are not highest quality holders. i bought many a game with broken holders and loose cds. they're craptacular if you ask me.

[quote name='pukemon']there are ps1 cases. the cd holder is clear and has sony or ps on it, i forgot. and rapsodist. they are not highest quality holders. i bought many a game with broken holders and loose cds. they're craptacular if you ask me.[/quote]

Like I said, I own 100+ PSX games and not a single one ever came with a cracked tray button. If you've experienced otherwise, then it's good that you've voiced that. But personally, comparing the PSX tray buttons to all the other media cases I own (1500+ CDs and 1000+ DVDs), I would rank them among the sturdiest in durability and hold.

Plus, I have to wonder what cases you're referring to, when the fact is that PSX games did not have any special Sony PS-branding on their cases, outside of the rare circumstance I mentioned in my previous post.

I don't know my case terminology but if the black, frame part is intact, then you can just replace the two front/back parts with regular jewel cases.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't know my case terminology but if the black, frame part is intact, then you can just replace the two front/back parts with regular jewel cases.[/QUOTE]

Wow...I don't know why I didn't think of that.
-pulls it out of the trashcan-
Well, the ring things in the middle that hold the disc are all snapped off. :/

If anyone wants to sell one to me, I'll buy it for $3 shipped. :lol:

bread's done
Back