Fighting Game Thread XLIV - GGPO & Leah Dizon... gamers on top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
oh yeah, u kno where u gotta be!!

Leah-Dizon-Love-Paradox-cd.jpg

see... the paradox is that her music sucks.

GET YOUR NAPPY AZZ ON GGPO NOW!!
http://ggpo.net/

EVO 2008
http://www.evo2k.com/

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Street Fighter IV (JPN)
* Arcana Heart II (JPN)
* Melty Blood: Actress Again (JPN)
* Blaz Blue (JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (JPN)
* King of Fighters XII (JPN)
* Virtua Fighter 5 R (JPN)
* Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Ausf Achse (JPN)
* Samurai Spirits Sen (JPN)
* Tekken 6 (USA)
* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JPN)
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (JPN)

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Tekken 6 (PS3) *
* Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
* Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
* Arcana Heart (PS2)
* Blaz Blue (PS3) *
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN)
* Battle Fantasia (PS3, 360 JPN)
* King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
* UFC 2K9 (USA)
* Mortal Kombat vs DC (USA)
* Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) *
* Samurai Showdown Collection (Wii, PS2)
* King of Fighters Orochi Saga (Wii, PS2)
* World Heroes Collection (PS2)
* SNK Arcade Classics (PS2, PSP)

* TENTATIVE

You're damn right her music sucks...

Her music is eye candy... yes sir.

SF IV EVENT IN LA!

SD TEKKEN supports Leah Dizon, as shown on my website side widget ;)

True story, I got to interview Leah Dizon for a website feature... it was awesome... BUT... her manager told her it would be better to not publish it because she was/is in contract with Tecmo a 'rival' company, and they might not be pleased.

so yea. ;(

I bent my wookie.

Great opening post JEKKI... Just for that we should post more hot girls throughout the thread.

Gotta keep fighting the fighting game fight, right?

Here's my contribution:

Leah+Dizon2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yah! I'm in that SF4 event!!!

all I need now is tickets to ABDC for that week

edit:

hay Markmang u should get this shirt:

Once_SD.jpg

i should probably go to that SF4 event also...

in response to rolento's question:

to me it's not so much about winning but about playing my best and playing to my potential. things like broken joysticks or lag really annoy the hell out of me.

if i drop matches to people i think i should've beaten, or make key stupid mistakes like not blocking or wasting super or dropping a combo that i can hit 99% of the time, i get pisssssssed. i remember entering a CAG SSBB tourney against a pit, and i would always try to dodge / air evade arrows. but the lag wouldn't let me and i was sooooo angry! =)

if i get torn up by people who are obviously better than me though, i don't mind.

JEKKI, a bunch of hypebeasts down here have that shirt! Otherwise I'd be all over it... ;/

I'm gonna copp them SF IV triumvir3 shirts no matter what tho...

kainzero: YES, I hate lag man. Thats why I rarely play DR Online... I can't really play how I normally play online even in minimal lag... X_X

that's the great thing about being a fighting gamer.. a lot of the current most popular fighting games came out a long time ago..

when four comes out.. i'll probably still be playing 3s too

To answer Rolento's question from the previous thread...

It honestly all depends on who I'm playing.

If I'm playing against friends, I always go for the fun factor. Many of my friends are great at fighting games and it's always fun to play against them. It's nice when you have friends that have fun with fighting games but always strive to get better and better. It's a nice balance between friendly-fun and a nice competitive nature. So it's a little of both. When I play against my friends it's fun, but I do not remember one match where any of us have taken it easy on each other.

On the other hand when I play people I don't know, I tend to be a little more competitive. I always try to keep my game top notch and when I fall of a little (as with KainZero) I get a little pissed. I also get way pissed when I lose against someone I know I should've beaten. For example the last tournament I lost first round in CVS2 against a guy running a random C-Groove I should've beaten. I had Vega on point and I ran through his first two characters. Problem is that I got way to comfortable (cocky) and made really dumb mistakes to lose the match.

It's always to stay competitive and learn what it takes to get better. I think keeping a nice balance between the two is essential. I would hate to drop my skills in FG games and go from a hardcore fan to just casual.

it'll be interesting to see sf artwork from non-sf affiliated comic artists like adam hughes.. and i think some of the artists that post on srk got some of their work in too.. good shit.

Hey, Markman, I'll be down at Comic-Con all four days, five if you count the preview day, so I'll pay you a visit. I think cheezy might drive down for a day too. Do you guys have a schedule of what's going on when for your games area? I kind of want to plan everything out.

Since you're there every year, do you know how to go about getting an Adam Hughes commission? I've heard he only does a couple commissions per convention, and it's a bitch to get, plus he's an exhibitor and not in artists alley.

I have no idea on the Adam Huges commission, I would check with his exhibitor info at the help desk to see if someone can point you in the right direction.

Our gaming room will be 17B on the Mezzanine level. Here's a rough idea of what our room will be like (note everything listed is tentative)... We'll have more games (including Blaz Blue and some others)...

http://sdtekken.com/sdt/san-diego-comic-con-2008/

bookmark'd.

I really want to go to that sf4 thing here in LA next friday, but i don't think i'll be able to go.

edit: contribution: nao nagasawa
naocool001019afu4.jpg

[quote name='notorious_pip']Hey, Markman, I'll be down at Comic-Con all four days, five if you count the preview day, so I'll pay you a visit. I think cheezy might drive down for a day too. Do you guys have a schedule of what's going on when for your games area? I kind of want to plan everything out.

Since you're there every year, do you know how to go about getting an Adam Hughes commission? I've heard he only does a couple commissions per convention, and it's a bitch to get, plus he's an exhibitor and not in artists alley.[/QUOTE]

it's pretty hard to get an adam hughes commission cuz so many people want one.. he seriously does a sick-ass job on his sketches, that it's worth it to try and get one from him. he kind of personalizes it for you, and usually tries to make them funny and/or slightly raunchy if you dig that. but yeah.. since he tends to spend time on his commissions, he doesn't do very many at all.

basically, all you can really do is find him at his booth and ask him. if he can't, don't hassle him (or any other artist for that matter, but you probably already know this =P). he also sells a new sketchbook every year, which isn't exactly a real replacement for getting a special sketch from the dude.. but hey, it's there.

i've always wanted to get him to do one for me, but i kind of just pass off on the idea every year and just assume i wouldn't be able to get one.

my advice for planning out your day.. list everything by priority, because chances are you're gonna miss out on a few things. this year, without having even seen the programming schedule yet, i'm looking to catch: at least a few of the daily sf4 tourneys and the final one, screening of hulk vs. wolverine and hulk vs. thor dvds, screening of the new x-men cartoon pilot, marvel discussion panels, dc discussion panels, various independent panels, kevin smith if he shows up again this year, kristin kreuk's sexy ass at the capcom booth, heroclix tournaments, masquerade ball, upcoming marvel movie panels (and most likely any movie panel).. all while trying to be at the right booth at the right time to score convention exclusive toys. i guess it's a bit of an exaggeration, and your day won't be super hectic, but there's gonna be at least a few things overlapping, which really sucks.

signed up for the SF4 party. i'm bringing a friend too!

i'll hit up comic con on saturday probably.

markman! since there's a good chance i'm running console room at AX next year, i gotta talk to you later about you lock it down at SDCC =)

I'd like to go to the SF4 party. . .

All I played this week was 3S and CvS2 again, and some KoF 98 UM. I'm about ready to get some parts for my DC stick mod. :) Just have to decide on a color scheme. . .

Hoshino-san's (NAMCO) comment towards SC IV's online play:

Regarding online play, it was something our team has never done before and it was quite a challenge. Ultimately, the outcome is pretty satisfying and high-quality because a lot of networking experts throughout the company helped us out.

lol. I smell lolz.

Do you like KOF '98? It's mostly that with 2 new teams, 3D backgrounds that are oh so slightly better than the DC version's, and AI that is actually challenging.

fuck fighting games.... it's all about PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE!

Played it for like 11 of the last 24 hours of my life. Finished it last night before bed, tried to find the last 20 or so puzzles today. Still need to find 5 of them....

so good

Troll. >_<

But seriously, y'all are lucky to have those Fighting Game events in a city near you.

I didn't even bother signing up 'cause I known Capcom won't be spendin' moneyz to come all da way out here. :p

Yeah, maybe I'll get lucky and Capcom will come to Chicago, St. Louis, or Columbus. I know they'll never set foot in Indy unless they sign a deal to show the SFIV during a Colts game. Then I'd just have to worry about forking over $300 to see the Colts in that shiny new stadium.

I'm seriously starting to hate this new stadium trend. No, I don't want a big shiny playland for my kid to play in. Parks are plentiful around here and free. No, I don't want a swimming pool at my stadium. The beach has enough whales for me to look at and the midwest isn't exactly known for skinny people at pools. Hell, if you have less teeth than pieces of clothing, I don't want to see you soaking wet and drunk. No, I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks to go to a bad steakhouse inside a football stadium. I'd rather spend $300 bucks at Morton's and DVR the game for later. /rant

Oooh yeah I saw that yesterday, good stuff! Can't wait to see what it will look like when people actually know what the hell to do.

TvC looks incredible.

Also, I remember hearing a little ways back that Vader and Yoda were clone characters. Anyone got anymore info on this? Are they clone characters of each other? Only thing that makes sense to me is if they were Necrid style clone characters, with only a few exclusive moves and then a mish-mash of a bunch of other characters moves.

Maybe Vader will be Mitsurugi and Yoda will be Cassandra lol.

As another plea to my fellow fighting game fans.

EVO2008, YOU MUST attend. I cannot stress this enough. Think about it, when will there be another fighting game event of this magnitude?! Fly there, drive there, whatever. Get a cheap hotel or book a hotel at the Tropicana (really good prices). You don't have to enter any tournies if you don't want to. Just bask in the awesomeness...

What is going on at EVO this year?

- World class tournaments for the hottest competitive fighters out there (Super Smash Bros. Brawl., Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Super Street Fighter II TURBO, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2).
- Latest build playable for Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix
- 10 Street Fighter IV Cabinets up and running!
- Early playtest of Tatsunoko vs Capcom
- MORE GAMES THAT HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED YET...

COME ON GUYS. YOU CALL YOURSELF FIGHTERS?! This is going to be an experience, a grand one at that...

[quote name='MarkMan']
As another plea to my fellow fighting game fans.

EVO2008, YOU MUST attend. I cannot stress this enough. Think about it, when will there be another fighting game event of this magnitude?! Fly there, drive there, whatever. Get a cheap hotel or book a hotel at the Tropicana (really good prices). You don't have to enter any tournies if you don't want to. Just bask in the awesomeness...

What is going on at EVO this year?

- World class tournaments for the hottest competitive fighters out there (Super Smash Bros. Brawl., Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Super Street Fighter II TURBO, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2).
- Latest build playable for Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix
- 10 Street Fighter IV Cabinets up and running!
- Early playtest of Tatsunoko vs Capcom
- MORE GAMES THAT HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED YET...

COME ON GUYS. YOU CALL YOURSELF FIGHTERS?! This is going to be an experience, a grand one at that...
[/QUOTE]

I would pretty much kill to go, but I really don't have the money for Evo. I may go next year (I'll use money I get for graduation to go).

I really wish i could this year, I really really do.

I'd seriously love to go to EVO, but I'm pretty broke. If it was a few months away instead of August 8-10, I'd save up some money.

I just need a big influx of cash right now. ;)

Would LOVE to go to EVO 2K8 but...

A) Just came back from a week long trip back home (Michigan) with my girlfriend. It was a tad expensive

B) Won't be able to get the time off from work

Unless.....someone can find a way I can magically pay all my bills AND miss work :)

I just placed my order with Lizard Lick for my DC Agetec stick upgrade. I'll have some pics when it's done. I won't be painting it yet, but I plan on it sometime. Sanwa JLF with Sanwa buttons, plus I plan on putting a Dual Shock PCB in there too.

Anyone know how to get Emu's running on PS3? I haven't really looked into it, but it'd be nice to play my 60+ NES game collection on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back