What "B-grade" Xbox games (non-hits) do you love regardless?

Archaic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
So no, Halo 2 doesn't count. I'm talking about titles that have their little flaws (and so never ranked in the 90th percentile in reviews) but are still very fun for you.

Mine are:
Red Dead Revolver
X-men Legends
Alias (I know, more of a "D-grade" title, but I loved the show)
Psi-Ops
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Full Spectrum Warrior (reviews for this were all over the map -Gamespot gave it a 7.7!- but I've never had a better Xbox LIVE experience)

Shenmue 2

Had the first one on Dreamcast and imported the sequel from Europe. Unfortunately my disc was flawed and it wouldn't load up disc 2 :(

I wouldn't call KUF or FSW non-hits, those were both excellent games. They got a couple low-ish reviews because people didn't know what to make of them at first, in FSW's case, because its not the game the reviewer want it to be.

Yeah, perhaps FSW doesn't fit in the category of "B-grade", given its good reviews on most sites and strong sales. But to my knowledge KUF has never escaped scores in the 80's, and its sales have been poor.

Here are a few of mine:

I-Ninja (love this game)
Alias
Gladius (hard to explain why, but it was addicting for me)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

There are several others, but they are perhaps too strong to consider B-level (like JSRF, Metal Arms, Beyond Good + Evil, Suffering)

[quote name='oddjob93']Panzer Dragoon & both Otogi's, I hope we see the next iteration(s) on MS's next system.[/quote]

I love Otogi too! Wow first person I meet that played Otogi. Can't wait to pick up Otogi 2. Any Deals?

I'm enjoying Test Drive: Eve of Destruction a bit

X-Men Legends is good (although not sure if it's a "B" grade game)

Not sure what else since most games I play are sports....

I-Ninja
Otogi
Armed & Dangerous

I have some 40+ games but can't think of all of them now...I'm in a stupid conference call.

Update:

Metal Arms
Crimson Sea

Alias
I-Ninja
Beyond Good & Evil
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla: Save the Earth

I played I-Ninja, Beyond Good & Evil & Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee on the Cube, but I love then all the same.

It seems everyone is listing good games that for whatever reason never sold well. What I think would be more interesting is to find out which poorly reviewed games people like anyway.

I'm not ashamed to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent with Run Like Hell. I loved its story and atmosphere enough to overlook it's repetitive gameplay.

Recently I played through Alter Echo and thought that it was an underrated game as well.

Then again, I liked Enter the Matrix (except for the driving levels), so obviously I can be considered a glass half-full gamer.

Metal Arms (if it counts)
I-Ninja is a great game!

I think I would have liked Otogi better if I had played it before Ninja Gaiden and Rygar (they were both much better IMHO)

Im gonna have to go with BREAKDOWN. although it inspired fits of rage that I haven't had since the days of NES due to it's unbalanced difficulty, there were some scripted parts in it that really made it worth it for me. And you have to respect that it was trying to innovate the genre of first person games. I recomend it to anyone, although don't play it with the mindset that it's any other shooter. It's probably the slowest moving FPS out there. It tries to be realistic as possible (including having to bend down to pick up ammo clips). If anything, it's more of a beat em up game. mainly hand to hand fighting, and not so much guns.

I hope they make a sequel!

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Both Otogis
Jet Set Radio Future
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast/Academy
Beyond Good and Evil (Not really a "B" level game but more of an A- type of game. Truly wonderful.)
XIII (I don't know why but a lot of reviewers gave this game pretty good scores, it has an original story (not sci-fi shooter), but was vastly overlooked. I've beaten it twice and absolutely love it. I guess it was just overlooked like Beyond Good and Evil.)
Armed and Dangerous
Soldier of Fortune2: Double Helix.

Metal Dungeon. For some reason I really enjoyed it. I am one of the few that has plodded through every single level of that thing. If I recall correctly there were 100 but you had to go through all 100 ten times to do everything for a total of 1000.

[quote name='crowbb']Metal Dungeon. For some reason I really enjoyed it. I am one of the few that has plodded through every single level of that thing. If I recall correctly there were 100 but you had to go through all 100 ten times to do everything for a total of 1000.[/quote]

So, was there actually a Super-Broader class then? I played it for about 15 levels and that was it.

If there was a Super-Broader class I never got it. Just loaded my game and my guys are all the usual classes ranging in levels from 314-639

[quote name='The Gifuto'][quote name='crowbb']Metal Dungeon. For some reason I really enjoyed it. I am one of the few that has plodded through every single level of that thing. If I recall correctly there were 100 but you had to go through all 100 ten times to do everything for a total of 1000.[/quote]

So, was there actually a Super-Broader class then? I played it for about 15 levels and that was it.[/quote]

I like Red Dead Revolver, Psi-Ops, Dead to Rights, XIII, and Beyond Good & Evil a lot.

I've liked all the recent Bond games.

Also, Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb is my 5th favorite game but it got a lot of abysmal reviews.

Second Sight - great game for $20, nice story and characters, with good gameplay to boot.

Blade II - Got it for $10 at Best Buy, very enjoyable while it lasted, I loved that nightclub level where you could jump into the middle of the dancefloor and activate your "blood rage" and slice up about 100 vampires on the spot.

Syberia - Interesting and very different kind of game than you normally see on the Xbox. Although some parts of it were annoying, I had to look up a couple of puzzle solutions.

Rocky - Just really fun to play. C'mon, you fight Mr.T! How can anyone resist? I actually paid $50 for this. :lol:

Indiana Jones & The Emperor's tomb : Dropped another $50 on this one. Really good third person adventure. The combat was awesome. I eventually stopped using guns altogether just so I could do some more fightin' and whippin'

Looking at other people's picks, I enjoyed The Suffering too, but hated Alias, the control scheme was weak, poor camera angles, the split-screen alert thing just didn't work.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']

Also, Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb is my 5th favorite game but it got a lot of abysmal reviews.[/quote]

I liked it too. OXM gave it a 9.0/10, I believe. I remember there were some glitches in the game like the music would go weird at some points, but the gameplay was solid. I hope they put out another Indy game.

Enclave. So old school difficult that it made me throw my controller once or twice, but i still enjoyed every b-quality second of it.

[quote name='imamario02']Time Splitters 2 baby, i think this is on par with halo... no bashing please....[/quote]

Nah, it's better than Halo.

ill agree on deathrow, me and some friends put hours into that game. it never got the respect it deserved, in my opinion. heres hopin' for a xbox live sequel

bread's done
Back