a few ?'s about Costco

hustla3

CAG Veteran
So i'm thinking of buying the 80 gb metal gear solid 4 bundle from there, but i was just wondering...

1) does costco really have a lifetime guarantee on their items?
2)does this include items purchased online?
3)does anyone know when they're gonna re-stock their MGS4 bundles?
4)i might be wrong, but i think i saw a MGS4 bundle with an extra DS3 controller somewhere, do they still have these...
5)does anyone have any costco coupons i can use online

thanks

Costco has removed the lifetime guarantee as people bought TVs and returned them years later to buy a new one for half the cost. Every time I've been to costco in the past month or so I haven't seen any ps3s for sale, so they might not sell the systems anymore.

Personally, I have seen quite a few MGS4 bundles at local Best Buys, so that might be your best bet.

Also, Costco coupons are on individual items so if there is none for the bundle, there won't be one.

I saw a few PS3's lately (maybe a week or two ago), but that might be old stock at my Costco.

Costco got rid of lifetime because people tried to screw them, kind of like how we see no PSP software because people use it for homebrew &/or piracy instead.

[quote name='J7.']Costco got rid of lifetime because people tried to screw them, kind of like how we see no PSP software because people use it for homebrew &/or piracy instead.[/QUOTE]

ahhh...
your analogy doesn't making any sense
are you high??
how are those two issues related?

Costco never has the standard systems, they make their own bundles by throwing in a game or two you don't want and an accessory or two that you may or may not want. For instance I got my 360 right after release and paid 480 for it. It came with PGR3 and a play & charge kit. I hate most racing games, and a 36 pack of AA's at costco is probably cheaper than the electricity needed to charge the battery 18 times.

I use to work at costco...

1) does costco really have a lifetime guarantee on their items?

90 days guarantee and can return for any reason

2)does this include items purchased online?

Yes

3)does anyone know when they're gonna re-stock their MGS4 bundles?

you can ask a supervisor inside the warehouse when the next scheduled shipment is if there is going to be one.

4)i might be wrong, but i think i saw a MGS4 bundle with an extra DS3 controller somewhere, do they still have these...

all consoles tend to be bundled with an extra controller

5)does anyone have any costco coupons i can use online

none that you cold use with MGS4...

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhh...
your analogy doesn't making any sense
are you high??
how are those two issues related?[/quote]
I said "
Costco got rid of lifetime because people tried to screw them, kind of like how we see no PSP software because people use it for homebrew &/or piracy instead."]

Notice the words in bold? Costco stopped offering the lifetime warranty after people screwed them by abusing it. Developers & Publishers stopped creating PSP games after people screwed them by pirating them instead or just using homebrew and not buying games. Do you see how those 2 things are similar? If you don't you're blind, ignorant, or in denial.

The new instore bundle is not the MGS4 bundle, its possible that it is online only. The current PS3 bundle is (i think) #333338, might be #333335... it includes the 40gig PS3, the sony HDMI cable , an extra controller and the bluetooth dvd remote (which is awesome by the way)... the price is $499.99. its a new item number and bundle and just shipped this past week. you might still find some of the old ratchet and clank/spiderman 3 bundles for this same price though.

There are no PS3 items on coupon now through the end of August, coupons after August are not out yet.

And fillican is right, you have 90 days, no questions asked.

[quote name='J7.']I said "
Costco got rid of lifetime because people tried to screw them, kind of like how we see no PSP software because people use it for homebrew &/or piracy instead."]

Notice the words in bold? Costco stopped offering the lifetime warranty after people screwed them by abusing it. Developers & Publishers stopped creating PSP games after people screwed them by pirating them instead or just using homebrew and not buying games. Do you see how those 2 things are similar? If you don't you're blind, ignorant, or in denial.[/QUOTE]

How do you explain the Nintendo DS?
Don't tell me piracy doesn't apply to the DS.
I'm not saying piracy isn't affecting psp software sales, but that alone shouldn't ruin a system.

Sony made a lot of mistakes with the psp. They have no one to blame but themselves. (.....why do I have to buy a slap together bundle if I want a nonblack psp? why does the extended battery kit include only a black and silver battery cover? Not everyone that wants a white psp is a HUGE star war fan! what is with all the big gaps between new releases?... I should stop mumbling)

I have both a DS and a psp.
I have twice as many games on my ds compared to my psp.

ps:
I'm side-tracking.
Back to the original topic.
Costco rules!
People should stop abusing the lenient return policy.

i was under the impression that only specific items (televisions, cameras, camcorders, mp3 players) and other things that were specifically listed were 90 days where as everything else was watever.

did you actually SEE a mgs bundle at the store? i've been looking FOREVER!! and online hasn't had them in stock :(

[quote name='wbc1228']How do you explain the Nintendo DS?
Don't tell me piracy doesn't apply to the DS.
I'm not saying piracy isn't affecting psp software sales, but that alone shouldn't ruin a system.

Sony made a lot of mistakes with the psp. They have no one to blame but themselves. (.....why do I have to buy a slap together bundle if I want a nonblack psp? why does the extended battery kit include only a black and silver battery cover? Not everyone that wants a white psp is a HUGE star war fan! what is with all the big gaps between new releases?... I should stop mumbling)

I have both a DS and a psp.
I have twice as many games on my ds compared to my psp.

ps:
I'm side-tracking.
Back to the original topic.
Costco rules!
People should stop abusing the lenient return policy.[/quote]

Piracy applies to DS but it doesn't have enough power to run stuff well enough, also factor in memory limitations, etc. Piracy and/or homebrew are destroying PSP software, not hardware, but certainly responsible for software. Because people are too cheap to buy retail games... It's not easy to combat piracy with a system like the PSP. Look at what has happened to the PC software market... And Sony has tried through firmware after firmware updates. Boo hoo you have to buy a bundle (that is a better deal than the Core) if you want a nonblack PSP...

I have 3x times as many games on PSP than DS, but maybe that is because I do not pirate games or do homebrew. You expect Sony to ship 3 different colored battery covers, that would just be a money loss, and retail wouldn't be happy. Why are their gaps between releases... because people ARE NOT BUYING retail games. Why should Sony have games come out when people like you won't buy them and pirate them instead?

bread's done
Back