Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged - $7.99 (6 arcade games & 1 month of live)

The last time they dumped a ton of these, the codes that came with Unplugged for live had expired, so keep that caveat in mind.

couldn't you just call microsoft and tell them about it, they look the code up and see that it was never used and then they issue you a new one or just credit your account?

[quote name='msam']The last time they dumped a ton of these, the codes that came with Unplugged for live had expired, so keep that caveat in mind.[/quote]

I thought that codes don't expire. Hence why people that find the old Xbox Live packs for cheap can use that sub. card and get the 1 yr live.

Maybe its just the 1 month cards

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i heard that all "expired" codes still work. i know a lot of the ones i've found do ;)[/quote]

Pretty much. I have gotten all types of "expired" cards to work. I suppose that, at some point, they might actually not work, but I don't know what that point is. It certainly isn't the date printed on them.

[quote name='alpo845']can you install these games to the HD? stupid question i know, but curious.[/quote]

Nope, unfortunately. But a small price to pay for such a bargain.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i heard that all "expired" codes still work. i know a lot of the ones i've found do ;)[/QUOTE]

I bought Live Arcade from Amazon a couple of months ago and I was unable to get the code to work to renew my Gold account. I can't say if you were to create a new account if the code would work for it.

the problem with this disc is that you need to put it in every time you want to play any of these games. part of the appeal of these smaller games is how you can just hit a button and play for 5 minutes. much of that appeal is lost if you need to get up out of your seat and put a disc in just for a quick gaming session. the disc that comes in the arcade bundle is the same way. i play my downloaded version of pac-man c.e. almost every time i turn on my 360 for just a quick 5 minute session. if i had to put the disc in, i would probably never play it.

[quote name='trent82']the problem with this disc is that you need to put it in every time you want to play any of these games. part of the appeal of these smaller games is how you can just hit a button and play for 5 minutes. much of that appeal is lost if you need to get up out of your seat and put a disc in just for a quick gaming session. the disc that comes in the arcade bundle is the same way. i play my downloaded version of pac-man c.e. almost every time i turn on my 360 for just a quick 5 minute session. if i had to put the disc in, i would probably never play it.[/quote]

True but at least these dont apply to the DRM bs if your machine dies. These games are still a steal for tht price, even if you have 1 or 2 already.

[quote name='Layd Dly']True but at least these dont apply to the DRM bs if your machine dies. These games are still a steal for tht price, even if you have 1 or 2 already.[/QUOTE]

Actually the drm bs is dead except if you had video/movie content on your console. If you send your console in for repairs and they replace msft is now transferring the drm to the new machine so you don't have to be on live to play anymore and also MSFT now allows you to assign/consolodate the rights of all your downloadable content to one console once a year (So you can transfer the drm from say a premium to an elite etc)

[quote name='kklems']Actually the drm bs is dead except if you had video/movie content on your console. If you send your console in for repairs and they replace msft is now transferring the drm to the new machine so you don't have to be on live to play anymore and also MSFT now allows you to assign/consolodate the rights of all your downloadable content to one console once a year (So you can transfer the drm from say a premium to an elite etc)[/quote]

Unfortunately, though they are suppose to transfer the licenses when replacing a system, they don't. I got my system back a few weeks ago, and they tell you that the licenses have been transfered, and that you only have to redownload the content. It didn't work, though, so I had to use the web-based tool you mentioned, which, as you say, is only valid once a year.

I picked this up for $10 from a CAG used and it was worth it. Saves HD space, and there's some solid games on the disc. Geometry Wars and Texas Hold 'Em alone are worth $8 - consider everything else a bonus.

[quote name='equest943']I know the old 2 month cards from original Xbox days don't work.[/quote]
Those wont work on an Xbox 360. I think they will work on the original Xbox.

The Xbox Live codes still work. I tried one about two weeks ago and it went through. This disc is a steal for that price with all those games. I have noticed though that both this disc and the Arcade disc that came packed with the 360 Arcade bundle spin like crazy when playing. I've had those two discs heat up my XBox more than any other games and I can feel the heat really blowing out of the back of the system.

[quote name='GunstarRed']The Xbox Live codes still work. I tried one about two weeks ago and it went through. This disc is a steal for that price with all those games. I have noticed though that both this disc and the Arcade disc that came packed with the 360 Arcade bundle spin like crazy when playing. I've had those two discs heat up my XBox more than any other games and I can feel the heat really blowing out of the back of the system.[/QUOTE]

That probably means your 360 is about to shoot craps. I don't notice my arcade disc being any louder than any other game. If it gets that hot just cook some waffles on it next time.

^^^I have a Falcon system this time. My first 360 was an older model and did the same thing with Live Arcade and that was my only disc that spun so fast and got scratched up by the system. My new 360 runs pretty quiet on every disc BUT these. Still not sure why when it's not like there's some serious graphic intensity or loading involved.

[quote name='GunstarRed']^^^I have a Falcon system this time. My first 360 was an older model and did the same thing with Live Arcade and that was my only disc that spun so fast and got scratched up by the system. My new 360 runs pretty quiet on every disc BUT these. Still not sure why when it's not like there's some serious graphic intensity or loading involved.[/QUOTE]

This is a total guess, but could the Unplugged disc be a Cd and not a DVD? Those games are very small, so they wouldn't really need the space of a DVD. A CD will spin faster than a DVD....just a guess.

i got this last year when they had the same deal. but the 1 month card that came w/ it said it was expired. oddly it still worked when i tried it.

but be aware, it's possible to get expired live cards in them.

[quote name='kklems']Actually the drm bs is dead except if you had video/movie content on your console. If you send your console in for repairs and they replace msft is now transferring the drm to the new machine so you don't have to be on live to play anymore and also MSFT now allows you to assign/consolodate the rights of all your downloadable content to one console once a year (So you can transfer the drm from say a premium to an elite etc)[/quote]

True to a certain extent, but i had the best buy warranty since i bought my 360 a ways before they extended the warranty, and ive since replace my premium with an elite so now i have to login to play any of my old XBLA games, so DRM is still and issue for many people out there.

That DRM tool is useful. I used it when it was released. But MS will never create a DRM tool that allows you to sell or trade XBLA games. This is why having these games on disc, and at a discount price, is great.

Well I am in for this one. thanks op. I got my fingers crossed that the 1 month card still works, if not oh well. great games for a great price.

I ordered two. One for me and one as a gift. I only have Geo Wars and Texas Hold'em so I think it worth it for the other games. I know Bejeweled and Wik and good I just never bought them.

I remember buying this back in January 07 for $40 before I had a good feel for how xbox 360 games were priced. These games are pretty good though texas hold em is extremely frustrating, and Wik is pretty challenging. Outpost Kali (sp?) is a great game. I'd recommend this disc to anyone but I wouldn't pay $40 for it again :D

I grabbed this at RTU for $4 and it is fantastic for the price. Even @ $7.99. I've used LIVE cards that supposedly expired and have had no issue with them adding to my membership. I still have to use the DRM tool to transfer some stuff. I upgraded from a premium to an elite over a year ago and of all things the network port on the elite went bad...

bread's done
Back