Playstation.com Can Now Link your Account with your PSN + PSN Gamercards for Forums!?

dallow.jpg

Yeah, you get a little 'gamercard' now.
And you can see your friends online, what they're playing, and the last time they logged in.

Nice.

I wonder if there's any chance Cheapy can get this simple set-up into the profile, like the gamertag thing we have.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very cool. I was actually just thinking earlier today how bare-bones the PSN user profile is compared to XBL, and I honestly never expected Sony to make friends lists viewable on the Web. And now here this is. I'm impressed.

Of course, I can't get it to work. I get a temp image that says something like "please wait while we update your ID" and then it vanishes. All the language over the related pages suggests I still need to sign in, which I've definitely done. :wall:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The card doesn't show up at all in FF, but switching to IE made it work just fine.[/quote]Yeah I did that, then I turned on my PS3 and it works fine. It wouldn't show my card after I linked the profiles, and kept telling me to link them even though I already did.

My PID is still inexplicably a 1x1 jpg, but at least I got the friends list working. Cool to see them moving in this direction. I wonder what other stuff they'll reveal during E3.

If you want the simple code for your PSN card to add to your signature here, just replace CrashSpyro with your PSN name after linking your accounts:

HTML:
[url=http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/CrashSpyro][IMG]http://pid.us.playstation.com//user/CrashSpyro.jpg[/IMG][/url]

I can't get my friends list to come up at all, so I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

Edit: It's working for me now.

You should be. Now I'll have to see these travesties around the forums that serve less purpose than a XBL gamercard.

[quote name='zewone']You should be. Now I'll have to see these travesties around the forums that serve less purpose than a XBL gamercard.[/quote]I know, HOW WILL WE GO ON NOT KNOWING THE LAST FIVE GAMES WE PLAYED?

I'll probably end up adding it next to my XBL card in the sig.

Right now, it's a little disappointing.

The image should be between this word
creid8.jpg

and this word. But nothing shows up.

Edit: Fixed. All I had to do was switch browsers, sign in and out several times, and enter my PSN login information 5 separate times. Of course!

I'm having trouble, but it now says updating. Thankfully I found something, but it says updating.

I found the problem. I'm going to blog it.
ManaKnight.jpg

[quote name='pete5883']The image should be between this word
creid8.jpg

and this word. But nothing shows up.

Edit: Fixed. All I had to do was switch browsers, sign in and out several times, and enter my PSN login information 5 separate times. Of course![/QUOTE]

I think the important thing was the time it took, not your actions.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I just pasted the HTML they provided into my Sig here on CAG. Should that do it?

(I guess not)[/QUOTE]Just remove the url from the html of PID and that will work.

I ended up blogging the story and linked to this thread (thanked ReRo).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Just remove the url from the html of PID and that will work.

I ended up blogging the story and linked to this thread (thanked ReRo).[/quote]

Thanks for the direction, but I'm not sure what that means. Can you be more explicit?

If I start with:

What am I left with?

Thanks

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want to use it in your sig, use the post I made earlier as a guide.[/quote]

Thanks. That did it. I thought Crash Spyro was some sort of service and though "how can I replace it when I don't have it."

Thanks

It's kind of cool for a second, but then I realize it's pretty boring. I hope they improve this. (Oh, and thank you to Frisky for making a good post on how to add this to the sig.)

The image for my PSN id is only 49 bytes. Looking at it with a hex editor, it is actually a GIF89, and not a JPEG as the extension suggests. Size of GIF is 1x1 pixels.

Thus, I am going to say that it is broken for me... for now.

Also the link for any user's PSN just takes me to a page telling me how I can link my PSN id, not to any information about that user.

I think I will leave it alone for a while, and let Sony sort the bugs out, before I get too excited.

~S

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want to use it in your sig, use the post I made earlier as a guide.[/quote]

That worked for me, thanks FriskyTanuki.

Hopefully this is a move in the direction of more trophies, etc. It looks pretty bare right now. :cry:

Best part about this for me is the "last time online" feature. I was keeping a pencil and paper by my couch for this purpose, so that I can cull users who are never online anyway. This is much better.

~S

if this new Sony PSN gamercard, could show trophies, and have the ability to make custom avatars, it'd be so much better.

[quote name='Blackout542']Hopefully this is a move in the direction of more trophies, etc. It looks pretty bare right now. :cry:[/QUOTE]I think Sony may eventually show how many of each trophy, or your actual level. I don't think they'll ever show what games you recently played, since I don't think it's currently built in the PS3 to track it.

bread's done
Back