Final Fantasy XIII coming to 360!

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Wow. Will hit shelves same day/time as the PS3 version. I'll be sure to update this with more information as it becomes available.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fZAy9BqcS3M[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
"At long last the day we have all been waiting for has arrived" -Yoichi Wada (President of Square-Enix)

I'm sure the PS3 will still get the FF:VII remake. I'm not a fanboy, so i hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, but this is some great news for everyone. The game will be able to reach a larger audience, SE will be able to get more money, everyone wins.

OMFG well sony just got schooled on an epic level. wtf do they even have now? God war 3 better be shown and look amazing.

Unfreakin' believeable!

I'm so happy I don't have to buy a PS3 for FF XIII. This puts Sony in an akward position...

Gotta love E3!

Now who wants to make bets on whether or not Sony will announce an FF VII remake in their presentation?

Ura

Wow, I bought the MGS4 bundle in anticipation for Final Fantasy XIII, along with MGS4. Now that I've finished MGS4 I'm looking at my black toaster thinking ****. Haha oh well this is AWESOME

its more than awkward its at the point sony will never recover in north america. They probably won't even have any exclusives shown tomorrow and killzone is 09. LBP does not have power to bring new fans.

I bet that went over like a fart in church over at Sony HQ. I only own a PS3 and frankly I'm sick of all the exclusive third party BS at this point - everything should be made available for both consoles (outside of first party games obviously. I'm more than a little annoyed at the 'exclusive' downloadable content for Fallout 3 too.

This is so great. Earlier this year I had to make the choice between 360 and PS3, and I was upset that I was going to miss out on FF13. Well fuck yes :D I'm so excited.

Hmmm...I just remembered - what about Final Fantasy Versus? Or Kingdom Hearts? You gotta figure there's going to be an announcement during Sony's conference. Personally, I'd rather they'd throw some money at Sega to develop Phantasy Star V!

I am in shock. This is fantastic. I bought a PS3 just for Metal Gear 4, sold it right after (actually made $40 on a used system) and was planning to buy another come Final Fantasy XIII's release. Now I just need to go buy a bouquet of flowers for the PS3 funeral.

Honestly...i'm willing to say 6-discs for FFXIII. We will DEFINITELY be getting a case the size of the Asian Lost Odyssey packaging.

Achievements in my Final Fantasy? I'd like to see those :p Possibly put a very tiny motivation for hardcore grinding for 5 hours a day to max out your character... Achievement unlocked! 5G :D

URRR! Just when I was losing interest in my 360 to the ps TRIPLE here comes the best press conference I've ever seen. I was surprised at no new halo or motion controller but seriously, the stuff they showed really blew me away. The new UI looks fuckin awesome!

I pretty much have no desire to buy a PS3 now until 2011 when hopefully it will be $199 and I can catch up on all the great Greatest Hits releases. This is a major blow to Sony and I "sorta kinda" feel bad for PS3 owners even though this is a great thing for all gamers.

Glad to see it being ported, better RPG sales mean more RPG's being made, and this generation is severly lacking. Though as a PS3 owner I'm anxious to see what Sony has in store, between this, Fallout 3 downloadable content, Fable 2, and Gears 2, Sony needs to show something big. Killzone 2 is looking pretty bland, Little Big PLanet looks good, but it's over hyped at this point, though Resistance 2 sounds great.

USA = Console market.

JPN = Hand-held market.

I think this might be why Square and other Japanese companies are supporting the 360 even though the Japanese install base is low.

Very excited about this game. Honestly don't think multiple dvd's are that big of a deal. I'd rather have to get my fat ass up a few times to change the disks than deal with the installation times on the ps3.

Wow. I just saw it on G4. That was huge news. My jaw actually dropped. My PS3 has just become only a blu-ray player to me now. I practically have no need to buy any more games for it. Wow. Great job Microsoft and Square Enix!

[quote name='homeland']Very excited about this game. Honestly don't think multiple dvd's are that big of a deal. I'd rather have to get my fat ass up a few times to change the disks than deal with the installation times on the ps3.[/quote]
Same. Lost Odyssey is 4 discs and people rave about how great it is. I personally don't mind multiple discs. I'm just happy to have FF13.

[quote name='jkam']That's got to be a fairly big blow for Sony. Sony really has to bring it this year.[/quote]

Yeah things aren't looking too good. Resistance 2/Killzone2/LBP/new titles REALLY have to bring it now. Ouch. They need to announce something huge.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I won't believe it until I hear TMK's explanation for all this wackiness!!![/quote]
:rofl:its gonna be priceless

[quote name='Blackout542']Yeah things aren't looking too good. Resistance 2/Killzone2/LBP/new titles REALLY have to bring it now. Ouch. They need to announce something huge.[/quote]
Sony needs to announce something like the Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3. Losing FF13 as an exclusive is a huge hit to them, and they're gonna need something on the scale of FF7 to recover I think.

[quote name='sokmaster']If you thought Lost Odyssey had a lot of discs....[/QUOTE]

2-3 max, Final Fantasy XII was only 3.5gb. Square has been doing less FMV in their games as of late.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Sony needs to announce something like the Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3. Losing FF13 as an exclusive is a huge hit to them, and they're gonna need something on the scale of FF7 to recover I think.[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy but I for awhile was starting to think Nintendo might get the VII remake on the Wii...following in the vein of the DS remakes. It wouldn't be as pretty as everyone had hoped for...but it would be updated. I was just thinking since their install base is bigger in Japan. I guess it depends on how long the remake has been in development? I think it boils down to if that trailer was really a trailer or not.

Wow, after being exclusive for two console generations... wow. I guess i should start playing FFXII sometime soon.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Sony needs to announce something like the Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3. Losing FF13 as an exclusive is a huge hit to them, and they're gonna need something on the scale of FF7 to recover I think.[/QUOTE]

That would be funny as hell I think. MS thinking they made a good deal on getting FFXIII and then Sony shows FFVII remake.:rofl:

But it's not going to happen.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Sony needs to announce something like the Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3. Losing FF13 as an exclusive is a huge hit to them, and they're gonna need something on the scale of FF7 to recover I think.[/quote]

But even then, I don't think that's enough.

I can see being extremely stoked if you only own a 360.

But I don't get the "nyah nyah Sony" attitude that comes coupled with it. Can't some of y'all just be happy that you'll get to play a potentially great game?

It's great news that it's coming to the 360. I will still most likely pick it up for the PS3 though. As stupid as it sounds, I just have a feeling that certain games are PlayStation games. Same reason I bought DMC3 and GTAIV on the PS3. All my past versions of the game on on Sony consoles so I wanted to keep things together.

This is the same logic that is making me get Fallout on the X360. All my past Bethesda games are on MS consoles, so will continue that trend as well.

I really don't understand all the ranting about one console or another. If you can afford both consoles, get them both. You will not miss anything as far as first party exclusives go (third party exclusives becoming less and less) , you'll have a top-notch blu ray player with the PS3 and Live service on the 360.

If you can only afford one console, just get whichever. No matter which you choose, you will have more than enough great games to keep you occupied.

Stop bitching so much about who has the games and play them.

I don't get it. Wouldn't this not change anything over in Japan?

I imagine the FF crowd over there are pretty much devoted to Sony, and most likely have already bought a PS3 in preparation. They are just going to get it for the PS3 when it releases. I imagine the number of people in Japan who only own a 360 and want FF13 is incredibly small, and thus it's not going to tilt the balance over there in any large way. And I don't see people who don't own either to jump on the 360 ship. Basically it's a contest of 360 owners versus PS3 owners versus having neither crowd, and that situation just isn't that favorable.

Yeah, for your people who already own a 360 and had resolved to get a PS3 when FF dropped, you're in good shape. But then again, that points to no new sales for MS almost as well as it points to no new sales for Sony. You know - installed userbase not moving anywhere.

This will also be a good test to see how well bluray really does against regular DVD, since we'll see if it truly does lead to the "18 discs for MGS4" joke that's been running around for a while now.

Otherwise it's really only a good move for those who own a 360 - not necessarily a tremendous blow to Sony.

[quote name='mykevermin']But I don't get the "nyah nyah Sony" attitude that comes coupled with it. Can't some of y'all just be happy that you'll get to play a potentially great game?[/quote]I don't want to imagine what the Kotaku comments or Gamespot forums are like now...

bread's done
Back