- - - - -

Final Fantasy XIII coming to 360!

#31 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

That's got to be a fairly big blow for Sony. Sony really has to bring it this year.

#32 Chicago Mafia   Nerd Herd CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Chicago Mafia

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

Wow. I just saw it on G4. That was huge news. My jaw actually dropped. My PS3 has just become only a blu-ray player to me now. I practically have no need to buy any more games for it. Wow. Great job Microsoft and Square Enix!

#33 YodaEXE   Wark! CAGiversary!   1326 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Very excited about this game. Honestly don't think multiple dvd's are that big of a deal. I'd rather have to get my fat ass up a few times to change the disks than deal with the installation times on the ps3.

Same. Lost Odyssey is 4 discs and people rave about how great it is. I personally don't mind multiple discs. I'm just happy to have FF13.

#34 CouRageouS  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

I won't believe it until I hear TMK's explanation for all this wackiness!!!

#35 Blackout  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

That's got to be a fairly big blow for Sony. Sony really has to bring it this year.

Yeah things aren't looking too good. Resistance 2/Killzone2/LBP/new titles REALLY have to bring it now. Ouch. They need to announce something huge.

#36 Nelo Ice   Same CAGiversary!   3879 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

I won't believe it until I hear TMK's explanation for all this wackiness!!!

:rofl:its gonna be priceless

#37 YodaEXE   Wark! CAGiversary!   1326 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

Yeah things aren't looking too good. Resistance 2/Killzone2/LBP/new titles REALLY have to bring it now. Ouch. They need to announce something huge.

Sony needs to announce something like the Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3. Losing FF13 as an exclusive is a huge hit to them, and they're gonna need something on the scale of FF7 to recover I think.

#38 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5198 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

If you thought Lost Odyssey had a lot of discs....

2-3 max, Final Fantasy XII was only 3.5gb. Square has been doing less FMV in their games as of late.

#39 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

Anyone have links to the new dashboard GUI? I can't find it anywhere...

#40 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

Sony needs to announce something like the Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3. Losing FF13 as an exclusive is a huge hit to them, and they're gonna need something on the scale of FF7 to recover I think.

Call me crazy but I for awhile was starting to think Nintendo might get the VII remake on the Wii...following in the vein of the DS remakes. It wouldn't be as pretty as everyone had hoped for...but it would be updated. I was just thinking since their install base is bigger in Japan. I guess it depends on how long the remake has been in development? I think it boils down to if that trailer was really a trailer or not.

#41 evyrew   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

Wow, after being exclusive for two console generations... wow. I guess i should start playing FFXII sometime soon.

Edited by evyrew, 14 July 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#42 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22776 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

That would be funny as hell I think. MS thinking they made a good deal on getting FFXIII and then Sony shows FFVII remake.:rofl:

But it's not going to happen.

#43 Blackout  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

But even then, I don't think that's enough.

#44 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

I can see being extremely stoked if you only own a 360.

But I don't get the "nyah nyah Sony" attitude that comes coupled with it. Can't some of y'all just be happy that you'll get to play a potentially great game?

#45 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1625 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

It's great news that it's coming to the 360. I will still most likely pick it up for the PS3 though. As stupid as it sounds, I just have a feeling that certain games are PlayStation games. Same reason I bought DMC3 and GTAIV on the PS3. All my past versions of the game on on Sony consoles so I wanted to keep things together.

This is the same logic that is making me get Fallout on the X360. All my past Bethesda games are on MS consoles, so will continue that trend as well.

I really don't understand all the ranting about one console or another. If you can afford both consoles, get them both. You will not miss anything as far as first party exclusives go (third party exclusives becoming less and less) , you'll have a top-notch blu ray player with the PS3 and Live service on the 360.

If you can only afford one console, just get whichever. No matter which you choose, you will have more than enough great games to keep you occupied.

Stop bitching so much about who has the games and play them.

#46 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

I don't get it. Wouldn't this not change anything over in Japan?

I imagine the FF crowd over there are pretty much devoted to Sony, and most likely have already bought a PS3 in preparation. They are just going to get it for the PS3 when it releases. I imagine the number of people in Japan who only own a 360 and want FF13 is incredibly small, and thus it's not going to tilt the balance over there in any large way. And I don't see people who don't own either to jump on the 360 ship. Basically it's a contest of 360 owners versus PS3 owners versus having neither crowd, and that situation just isn't that favorable.

Yeah, for your people who already own a 360 and had resolved to get a PS3 when FF dropped, you're in good shape. But then again, that points to no new sales for MS almost as well as it points to no new sales for Sony. You know - installed userbase not moving anywhere.

This will also be a good test to see how well bluray really does against regular DVD, since we'll see if it truly does lead to the "18 discs for MGS4" joke that's been running around for a while now.

Otherwise it's really only a good move for those who own a 360 - not necessarily a tremendous blow to Sony.

Edited by Strell, 14 July 2008 - 07:50 PM.

#47 Magus8472   The Sudden Stop CAGiversary!   1408 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Magus8472

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Now....how's about a release date? Pretty please?

#48 fragoffkindly  

fragoffkindly

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

But I don't get the "nyah nyah Sony" attitude that comes coupled with it. Can't some of y'all just be happy that you'll get to play a potentially great game?

I don't want to imagine what the Kotaku comments or Gamespot forums are like now...

#49 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16086 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

its a blow whatever way you look at it...

#50 Sulik2   Fallout Fan CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

This honestly has me thinking about selling my PS3 now. Past FFXIII i have no PS3 games I am excited for. This is HUGE news for M$ in the US though. I wonder how much the X360 version will outsell the PS3 one.

#51 saadman   Roll the hard six CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Likely be released around 2013, 2014. Right around the time Microsoft gets ready to release their next-gen system with Blu-Ray and Sony gets ready to release Mech-sized PS4 with living cells and a real engine instead of an emotion engine.

#52 KillJoi99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL ZOMG! What a blow to all of these PS3 fanboys.

If you want a funny read, check out this story about the FF XIII, its not so much the story, but the comments. Its no N4G, as you may know this is the mecca for PS3 fanboyism. They have posted over 400 comments in 30 minutes, most of them calling MS a monopoly for doing this. This might have just made my day!

#53 CouRageouS  

Call me crazy but I for awhile was starting to think Nintendo might get the VII remake on the Wii...following in the vein of the DS remakes. It wouldn't be as pretty as everyone had hoped for...but it would be updated. I was just thinking since their install base is bigger in Japan. I guess it depends on how long the remake has been in development? I think it boils down to if that trailer was really a trailer or not.

You are crazy! They've been remaking sprite games into 3D for the DS. Understandable. Remaking a 3D game to look better and not going HD? Thats some bullshit.

#54 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5769 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

I'm just glad I don't have to fork over a few hundred just to play it now.

#55 turgore2008   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

turgore2008

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

I saw teh press conference.
After an embarassing number of titles catering to casuals this totally makes up for it.

#56 KillJoi99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

I don't want to imagine what the Kotaku comments or Gamespot forums are like now...

Check out the N4G comments, over 400 in 30 minutes. I think they've started riots and flipping cars in over 30 states.

#57 FoxHoundADAM   Super Zissou Bros. CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FoxHoundADAM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

Who else things this is over shadowing the awesomeness of Fallout 3? It's gonna be the Bioshock of 2009! F this JRPG stuff.

#58 Mid Boss   Live Free or Don't CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Mid Boss

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

I don't get it. Wouldn't this not change anything over in Japan?

It's guaranteed not to change anything over in Japan. From what I've read over on 1up it's only going to be shipping on the 360 in Europe and North America.

I really don't care one way or the other on this. It's cool that more people will get to play it now, but I have both systems anyway so I don't particularly care. I'll probably end up getting the PS3 version still since I wouldn't trust my 360 not to red ring in the middle of it.

#59 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3391 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

Wow.

The main reason I wanted a PS3 (reliability concerns aside) was to have a system to play GTA4, Resident Evil 5, and FFXIII on and have a minimal # of systems. That, and I like the PS3 controller a lot better, but that's hardly a system seller.

DQ9 on the DS instead of Sony... significant but not a huge deal.

Other Square titles/remakes on other platforms... whatever.

Going multi-platform for their flagship series for the 1st time in over 20 years (remakes/ports/MMOs excluded)... un-shaq-fu-ing believable.

This is a little disappointing, as I was hoping the title would play to the strengths of the platform. I realize there isn't a gargantuan difference between 360/PS3 in terms of performance, but in the case of a game like MGS4, porting it would involve some significant modifications and tweaks. I was looking forward to FFXIII being along the same lines.

#60 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Wow. Day one and two megatons already. Tomorrow's gonna be a scorcha.