Netflix on 360. Required BOTH nexflex and gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

as50193

CAGiversary!
Sites seem to have conflicting views on whether you need xbox live gold AND netflex or xbox live gold only to see movies. Can anyone confirm to me whether you need both?

Considering someone can only send messages when using Xbox Live Gold, I would assume the new Netflix features would be exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members.

Directly from the Netflix website.

Watching instantly on your TV via your Xbox 360 will be available to Netflix members in the late fall of 2008. Watching movies & TV episodes instantly on your TV from Netflix via your Xbox 360 will be included with most plans. You'll choose from a separate, smaller library of over 10,000 movies & TV episodes. With most membership plans, you can watch as many movies from this library as you want - anytime you want - instantly on your PC or via a Netflix ready device on your TV. This will be a bonus to the DVDs you get by mail and will be included with your membership at no additional fee. To watch instantly on your Xbox 360 you will need an Xbox LIVE Gold membership.

The language on the dashboard is confusing, though:

"Xbox 360 is the only game console to offer more than 10,000 feature films and television shows from Netflix, all available instantly through Xbox LIVE and at no additional charge for all Netflix subscribers and Xbox LIVE Gold members."

I would think you have to have a Netflix subscription to access the content, but it's not quite worded that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back