Local TRU knows nothing of Xbox price drop

Tyler Durden

CAGiversary!
I talked to a few clerks today and the RZONE manager, or whatever, and they said they knew nothing of the upcoming, rumored markdown...so perhaps it's just a Walmart exclusive, or what?

By the way, this could be the wrong forum...but yeah...move if so.

Trust me...it's not a hoax. It will happen at end of the month. Let's just say I know someone at a very reliable retailer.

In one of the articles I read, that it will start at Walmart, and then roll out to other stores...they didn't give a timetable of it..I believe it was on the msnbc website

I wouldn't think highly on a couple Toys R Us drones. And if I was them and knew there was a price drop, I wouldn't say anything about it cause you want to gain money, not lose money :p

I doubt the employees care a whole lot about TRU.

Also, employees for game stores or game departments generally.. don't know anything.

Why don't we just wait....there are reputable people saying all types of things. Nothing matters until the deal is at hand, anyhow. And if you are dying to buy a XBox before any info is made official, or when we all have "heard" that it will become official....then simply buy the XBox from a place that has a price guarantee or buy the XBox with a credit card that will offer similar price guarantees. Either way you'll be covered, and you'll have what you wanted. But of course, if there is no price drop, you'll have played your XBox during that time $30 worth of gaming, the $30 that you thought that you would have saved.

Sorry the burst your bubble, but its not like Microsoft contacts us and lets us know. The reason why is because someone may come in tonight and say "I want to buy an Xbox". Then the clerk may say "Come back in 2 weeks and it will be $150". Therefore Microsoft lost some potential cash. Also keep in mind I work for a videogame store, and we havn't even been notified yet.

Don't trust Toys R Us employees. I once spoke to an employee about both the GBA SP/SMA4 bundle and the buy 2 get 1 free PS2 and Xbox games and they had no idea about them even though it was only a week before time. The guy even said "how did you find that out, are you a hacker?", so I'm like no... I just know where to look online. Last time I ever think a TRU employee knows any upcoming specials...

I have to end up explaining things to the Toys R Us clerk at the one near me. Whenever I ask a question like when a game is scheduled to be released, generally he doesn't know what the hell game I am talking about and I have to tell him about it. I wouldn't take their word as gospel.

[quote name='Togepy']Don't trust Toys R Us employees. I once spoke to an employee about both the GBA SP/SMA4 bundle and the buy 2 get 1 free PS2 and Xbox games and they had no idea about them even though it was only a week before time. The guy even said "how did you find that out, are you a hacker?", so I'm like no... I just know where to look online. Last time I ever think a TRU employee knows any upcoming specials...[/quote]

That's cause most retailers don't tell their employees what's going on sale till the day it does... I know at officemax anyone who's not in management is not even supposed to see the circular until sunday morning, which is retarded since they send out the "offical" sneak peek on the web saturday.. and some papers get them saturday as well, not to mention unoffical outlets such as this one that get them several days to weeks in advance. This is all in a futile attempt to drive sales of items that are to go on sale, at full price till the very last day, as well as keeping hoarders from buying up all the good stuff only to return and repurchase it the following week to get the sale price. So don't get mad at an employee for not coming to sites like this and finding out deals in advance, he's not ignorant or playing dumb... very few workers know that info and the ones that do shouldn't... so consider yourself privlaged I guess

Plus most employees don't care enough to look up the sale items. TRU posts the ad on the intranet a few weeks before usually, then stores get the print copies up to 2 weeks before the sale, but most employees don't know where to look or just don't care.

Most employees don't know whats going on with every game. They could check for you, but it's easier to tell you they don't know. They can look up most titles to see when they are coming out. Often at TRU the bi-weekly R-zone update will have old news and rarely contains anything interesting. Something like a price drop won't be announced to the stores until the day of the drop.

Oh, I probably won't buy another Xbox until Halo 2 comes out. I believe it's a horrible, horrible console that I've bought once and didn't want to deal with again.

It crapped out and MS gave me hell for it. That's all I'll say. And besides, having a decent PC, a PS2, and GameCube is more than enough.

Why did you even ask a TRU employee? Unless he is your friend of course he wouldn't tell you. Any retailer will milk that extra $30 for as long as they can.

No need to flame the Xbox here. You can say MS was a horrible, horrible company for giving you hell.. but it is a decent machine. Maybe you didn't take care of it well enough?

Retailers could care less if you buy the system for $180 or $150. They still only pay $10 less than selling price for the systems and they are credited for any systems they had before the price drop. Microsoft is the only one that cares if you pay the higher price. Store are forbidden by microsoft to mention price drops because microsoft would stand to lose some sales. What company would want a month long freeze on buying their product? My suggestion to anyone that wants an Xbox right now is to buy it at CC and get the price match plus 10% at the end of the month when the price drops.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The fact anyone doubts the price drop or even discusses it blows my mind. Yes, the price is dropping. Ads and signs have been printed and taken to stores. Just wait and quit worrying if it's true.

[quote name='repetske']I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The fact anyone doubts the price drop or even discusses it blows my mind. Yes, the price is dropping. Ads and signs have been printed and taken to stores. Just wait and quit worrying if it's true.[/quote]

last christmas target printed up signs that said PS2 system for $99 but that turned out to be bogus

bread's done
Back