GTA:China Wars (DS style)

KillJoi99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So its supposed to becoming out this winter which means it must have been in development for a while now. I guess this explains why GTA IV was so shitty. They also didnt show any video footage ar anything like that, just a short and sweet announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im very disappointed with the lack of info. They just sort of pointed to a picture, a bunch of video game press nerds went nuts, and they moved on.

Well, it's probably too early in development to really say much. I'm just wondering how close it's going to be to GTAIV's Liberty City. I like how chinatown looks in GTAIV, so It'll be cool to see what happens. Touch controls will be interesting in a GTA game.

here's the first screen:

126471_full.jpg

jk

Hmmm... i'm interested b/c i like RS, but the DS hardware just isn't made for a GTA game. I'm just being a bitch though. I'll pay attention to any news i hear about it.

LMAO! Thats exactly what I first thought of. But didn't they say it would be coming THIS winter? It has to be far enough down the line if it actually is coming this winter.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Well, it's probably too early in development to really say much. I'm just wondering how close it's going to be to GTAIV's Liberty City. I like how chinatown looks in GTAIV, so It'll be cool to see what happens. Touch controls will be interesting in a GTA game.

here's the first screen:

126471_full.jpg

jk[/quote]
I almost cried.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']true... you know how rockstar is though. super secretive. it works to their advantage to be honest.[/quote]

Can't argue with that. Just look at GTAIV, basically 1 trailer a month to hype it up (along with some magazine info here and there) and when it hit the stores - bam! Nobody knew what to expect, thus the 10 outta 10's.

Also, why you hating on GTAIV op? :booty:

As much as I want to try GTA and love my little pink handheld, I can't imagine the franchise transitioning well to the DS. Folks that have played the core game will likely be disgruntled at the postage-stamp-sized field of vision, significantly different hardware limitations, and restrictive gameplay.

Is an open world possible on the DS? Truly open?

[quote name='KillJoi99']I guess this explains why GTA IV was so shitty. [/QUOTE]

Yes, so shitty that every media outlet, small and large, corporate-sponsored or otherwise gave it nearly perfect scores. Is it opposite day where you are?

[quote name='Halo05']Yes, so shitty that every media outlet, small and large, corporate-sponsored or otherwise gave it nearly perfect scores. Is it opposite day where you are?[/quote]

They've made mistakes before. Halo 2. After playing through all the way a lot of places corrected their scores. Just because some guy working for IGN says its good, doesnt mean it actually is.

I personally got bored wit it after the 500th time I had to pick up my phone.

[quote name='Halo05']Yes, so shitty that every media outlet, small and large, corporate-sponsored or otherwise gave it nearly perfect scores. Is it opposite day where you are?[/quote]
do you always form your opinions based on what other people say?
the dating aspect, going bowling and all the other crap in the game made it bad. plus its the same friggin game as all the others.
and the multiplayer sucks too

[quote name='decrot']do you always form your opinions based on what other people say?
the dating aspect, going bowling and all the other crap in the game made it bad. plus its the same friggin game as all the others.
and the multiplayer sucks too[/quote]

Do you always form your opinions based on non-essential aspects of the game?

Nobody forced you to play the multiplayer, and nobody forced you to go on dates/outings with friends more than once or twice.

If you don't like it then you clearly don't like the whole series, as you yourself said "it's the same damn game." The game isn't shitty, you just dislike the genre.

[quote name='The 7th Number']If its top down i probably wont buy it, but if its 3d i will.[/QUOTE]

I really, really don't think it'll be top-down.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']driver 2 for GBA[/QUOTE]

My sister got that game for free when she bought her SP. It was awful. So many painful memories...and I only played it for half an hour total. :cry:

[quote name='utopianmachine']As much as I want to try GTA and love my little pink handheld, I can't imagine the franchise transitioning well to the DS. Folks that have played the core game will likely be disgruntled at the postage-stamp-sized field of vision, significantly different hardware limitations, and restrictive gameplay.

Is an open world possible on the DS? Truly open?[/QUOTE]

"Truly open" might be pushing it, but we'll see what they can pull off.

This could be a disaster if they aim for "Teen" rating since only kids play handhelds :roll:. I can't wait for beating up some crack addicted prostitutes and capping some pimps.

One wifi multiplayer I can quickly think of is cops and robber. 1 guy plays the robber who needs to get to a check point and other players being a cop trying to stop him. After reading the title did anyone else think: Chinese sex slaves? That would be very cool.

[quote name='laaj']This could be a disaster if they aim for "Teen" rating since only kids play handhelds :roll:. I can't wait for beating up some crack addicted prostitutes and capping some pimps.[/QUOTE]

They had an M rating for the GBA version...and that was a top-down game, on a system that was even more kid-friendly than the DS is.

If this game is rated Teen, hell's going to freeze over. I can't guarantee it's going to be M-rated, but I'd bet money it will be.

I'm not a big GTA fan, but I thought it was pretty funny when during his G4 interview Reggie mentioned this as one of the games for hardcore Nintendo fans during the press conference (Animal Crossing was the other he mentioned). Yeah, I'm sure hardcore gamers everywhere got really excited just seeing the logo. :roll:

Well Assassin's Creed for DS was apparently a decent transition. Maybe there is some hope for GTA. I'm betting on top down, 3D just doesn't seem like it'll work unless its just going to be a tiny city. But that could be why they're going with Chinatown?

Of course if you're looking for a full portable GTA experience, theres always the PSP games.

I guess I am the only one that enjoyed the top down GTA's... :whistle2:?

I remember playing GTA 2 with my buddies over LAN way back in the day, and having a total blast with it.

I'm scared to see what this will look like.

Some games should exist only on systems with enough computing power to run them the way they were meant to be. This is one of those games. It's like trying to shove 10 pounds of refried beans into a 5 pound bucket. You just end up with a big brown slippery mess and your dog has terrible gas.

The same thing happens when they try to make movies into games, just to correspond with the movie debut. The majority of them suck.

Next thing you know, they'll be releasing "GTA Backyard" for cell phones or "GTA Vegetable Garden" for the iPod.

However, if it's cool, I'll buy it. I'm just scared.

Man... that was pretty negative. Sorry about that...

[quote name='laaj']Sounds like Nintendo doesn't have anything to show at PAX. Rockstar should just fuck Nintendo and not divert any developers to make some demo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! That'll help their bottom line . . . :roll:

bread's done
Back