- - - - -

FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

#61 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:21 AM

Why would it be canceled? Ratings are good.

Oh yeah, baseball. I knew that the 4 Division Series would be on TBS, but I wasn't aware that Fox was carrying the League Championship Series.

#62 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

So the son...anyone else think he might be a clone or something like that?

I bet our friend that bald dude shows up a few more times.

#63 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43924 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:32 AM

So the son...anyone else think he might be a clone or something like that?

I bet our friend that bald dude shows up a few more times.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing since he was talking about keeping the medical file secret.

Also the thing about them being saved from death a few years back by that bald dude was pretty cool.

#64 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

I'm so happy that there is a thing called hulu and that Fringe is up on hulu. Hopefully I'll get sometime tomorrow or some time this week to catch up on the show. From everything I've heard about, it's like a cross breed between X-files and Twillight Zone and that it's awesome.

Time to revive this thread for the new season, and the fact that I finally got some time to watch the show on Hulu (actually partly being a slacker and not doing the things I ought to be doing and procrastinating.). also, it was nice of Hulu to notify me that the first episode was going to expire last month. Anyway, since watching the first episode about roughly two weeks ago, I can now honestly say that I'm absolutely hooked! I love the show. It's been great. Well I take that back, the show isn't perfect, but it's so obvious that the show is just getting started and settled and is taking off. I've watched 6 episodes (3 of which in the past day), and can't wait to get caught up on the rest. So far I'm really intrigued by all the different unanswered questions we have and where they'll lead. Still, I kind of have a hunch where the show is headed, or at least I hope it does.

#65 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

Nobody on CAG into the show/watching?

#66 ryanbph   Man Down CAGiversary!   7233 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

I like the show...it has settled down nicely into a weekly criminal style drama that takes care of the weekly issue in 1 episode. But it also touches upon the issues for the entire season, ie who is behind everything.

#67 craven_fiend   It Gives You Wings CAGiversary!   9144 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

craven_fiend

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

I've been watching it, but really lacking on keeping up with any of my shows lately. Probably going to watch the last 2 episodes over the weekend. Its been a pretty good show up to this point.

#68 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22416 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

I'm still watching but I'm an episode behind right now. I'm trying to catch up on BSG for tonight so I'll probably get to this over the weekend.

#69 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

What's your guys' favorite episode so far? For some reason I'm really enamored with the episode with the shadow network. I really like that plot line and hopefully they flesh it out more in the episodes to come. What gets me really hyped for this show is the amount of fascinating concepts they've injected into and how they can really thread them along and develop as the show continues.

#70 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

So did anybody else watch this week's ep? It was one of the mythology episodes. Good news, it was the second highest rated ep yet for the show. 12 mil, I believe. I never thought I'd be grateful for American Idol.

#71 shinryuu   Hungry CAGiversary!   1602 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:58 AM

I stopped watching. I kinda got annoyed with the show layout and it didn't grab me anymore. The suspense was not suspenseful enough?

#72 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

So did anybody else watch this week's ep? It was one of the mythology episodes. Good news, it was the second highest rated ep yet for the show. 12 mil, I believe. I never thought I'd be grateful for American Idol.

I love the mythology episodes for this series. I know they're trying to lengthen out this series, as well as capture the casual fan by inserting more stand alone episodes, but I've come to the conclusion that every episode should have some mention of The Pattern/Nina/Massive Dynamic. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great stand alone episodes, but this might be a fact of it being the show's first season, but some of the stand alone episodes to the series have been just good/o.k.

Stuff like The Ghost Network were just awesome, had a tie-in to the Pattern/Massive Dynamic, but yet were still stand alone/independent. Power Hungry was extremely X-Files-esque, especially the story telling structure.

But the episode I didn't care for had to be Dreamscape. Boring. The others have been generally great, though The Arrival had a weak plot resolution but cool story with the Observer.

Still, I think they're just getting their groove.

#73 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

I stopped watching. I kinda got annoyed with the show layout and it didn't grab me anymore. The suspense was not suspenseful enough?

At what episode did you stop just out of curiosity.

#74 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:27 AM

I stopped watching when Scrubs started up again and I just don't like the show enough to watch it on Hulu.

#75 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

I think I have a new favorite episode, or at least another favorite tied with my other favorite, and that would be episode 10 "Safe." Safe was awesome!! Very interesting bit of sci-fi, and throws many fascinating and interesting questions that I can't wait to see answered/delved into.

#76 humidore   Pasha CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

Well, ok, that was an interesting episode (tonight's)...

#77 naiku   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

whats the deal promoting 7 new episodes in april...are they off the air until then, gonna recycle repeats? or did they just get an season extension?
any info would be great.

#78 karsh   Allons-y! CAGiversary!   6433 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

I assume American Idol is taking over it's slot for the first couple weeks of it. You got me how that extends all the way to April.

#79 ChibiJosh   ChE CAG CAGiversary!   3863 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

With last nights episode it seems that the overall story is finally coming together, and it seems really interesting.

#80 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

Fringe is back tonight starting a 6 episode run up to the season finale.

#81 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

"I'm sure Agent Dunham knows what a penis looks like. Don't you, Agent Dunham?"

:lol:

You can always count on Walter for at least one good line every show. John Noble's delivery is incredible.

#82 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

I'm going to get cracking on the episodes 11-14 to get caught up. I'm ashamed I have watched them yet. :( but i've been busy.

#83 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43924 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

"I'm sure Agent Dunham knows what a penis looks like. Don't you, Agent Dunham?"

:lol:

You can always count on Walter for at least one good line every show. John Noble's delivery is incredible.

Yeah, that line totally cracked me up :lol:

#84 Darkchaos91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Darkchaos91

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

I really liked the ending of last nights episode, not that it was really surprising.

#85 yamas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

Anybody mind telling it to me? Make sure to use spoiler alerts or PM it. My dvr cut off just as the ep ended.

#86 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:22 AM

You'll like it more if you actually see it. Use fox or hulu.

#87 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:09 AM

Good stand alone ep. This is a great show.

#88 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43924 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:17 AM

Great episode last night...loved every bit of it.

#89 humidore   Pasha CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

The way it's going, I don't see how this will stay interesting after the finale/"reveal". It'll either end or become
Spoiler

#90 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

They're not even close to revealing everything yet. Massive Dynamic is going end up playing a huge role in upcoming storylines. The writers have been smart enough to touch on MD just enough to keep people reminded there is a subplot running with them without actually revealing much at all. These writers are far too good to give up all the goods in the first season.

Walter had me in stitches for the whole episode, all kinds of good lines. Business has definitely picked up after last night's ep. Best new show this season (sorry, Dollhouse, but you're a very close second). Probably the best season of any show this year.