XBLA - Banjo-Kazooie - 1200pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
10/8: Trailer with enhanced graphics comparison:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41028.html

9/24:

Microsoft announced today that the N64 classic “Banjo-Kazooie” will be released exclusively on Xbox Live Arcade on November 26 , 2008.

“Banjo-Kazooie” for Xbox LIVE Arcade will retail for 1200 Microsoft points, or $15 when it launches this November . However, there is still time to take advantage of the “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” pre-order offer. Those who pre-order Banjo’s latest adventure at participating retailers not only get Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts but also receive, a complimentary code to redeem “Banjo-Kazooie,” from Xbox LIVE Arcade nearly 2 weeks before it’s global release. Consumers who participate in this pre-order program receive the added benefit of getting their hands on the goodies that await to be unlocked in “Stop N’ Swop” Before anyone else.

Initially conceived for the original Nintendo 64 version of “Banjo-Kazooie” ten years ago, “Stop N’ Swop” will finally come to fruition on the Xbox 360. “Stop N’ Swop” is a feature that rewards players’ accomplishments in the Xbox LIVE Arcade game by unlocking extra content and features in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.”

As if “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” and “Banjo-Kazooie” weren’t enough, “Banjo-Tooie” is also heading to Xbox LIVE Arcade in early 2009, making Xbox 360 the new home of the beloved “Banjo-Kazooie” franchise.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17657/BanjoKazooie-for-Xbox-Live-Arcade-Dated/

July 14, 2008 - At its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that Rare's original Banjo platformer will be released this year for the Xbox Live Arcade. The game will feature slightly upgraded visuals and the long awaited "stop and swap" functionality originally promised at its release more than 10 years ago.

Many will remember that the first Banjo-Kazooie game promised to interact with Banjo-Tooie. That didn't pan out, but that feature will finally be realized on Xbox 360. By finding specific items in Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox Live Arcade, you will be able to unlock things in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/886/886920p1.html

Finally get to see what that ice key is all about.

SNS2.jpg

I'll update as more info trails in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anomynous']I'm just wondering how they ever expected to get Stop N Swap to work on the N64, since it saves to the cartridge.[/QUOTE]Presumably it would have required a memory card.

Very excited. For me this is the best news to come from the three press conferences.

[quote name='anomynous']Finally

I'm just wondering how they ever expected to get Stop N Swap to work on the N64, since it saves to the cartridge.[/quote]
On board memory would've given players about ten seconds to take out Banjo Tooie and put in Banjo Kazooie (or was it the other way around?) and get the content. With revisions to the N64, it reduced the time available to switch the game to about a second, so they ditched the feature.

[quote name='Rocko']Very excited. For me this is the best news to come from the three press conferences.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I actually just recently replayed BK and BT, since RARE pretty much said they wouldn't be showing up on XBLA, and I'm STILL excited to play it again!

Super excited for this, hopefully it comes out before Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. The only thing that confuses me a bit is that only the first Banjo game is confirmed, then why not Banjo-Tooie? Hopefully Tooie comes along eventually, but will buy this no matter what.

Edit: and it wasn't the memory card that was goign to be used for SNS, it was the Expansion Pak, I believe.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hope that this sells well and we get Banjo-Tooie on XBLA sometime as well.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hope that this sells well and we get Blast Corps. on XBLA sometime as well.[/QUOTE]

fixed for errors.

That's excellent news. On a somewhat related topic, when did they discover/release the codes for the eggs and key in the N64 version? I only realized that they were actually obtainable in the first one a month ago.

[quote name='anomynous']Banjo Tooie coming to XBLA tooie(You See What I Did There?):
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2008/07/banjo_kazooie_and_banjo_tooie.php[/quote]

While I would like to see Banjo-Tooie as well, I think that the writer of that article may have made an erroneous assumption. It looks as if he assumes that Tooie was coming BECAUSE of the Stop and Swap inclusion announcement. The info released so far indicates that Stop and Swap was instead retooled to work between Banjo 1 and the new Nuts and Bolts game.

This doesn't mean Tooie is NOT eventually coming, just that the linked article isn't necessarily correct in announcing it. i.e. Don't get your hopes up too high.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']While I would like to see Banjo-Tooie as well, I think that the writer of that article may have made an erroneous assumption. It looks as if he assumes that Tooie was coming BECAUSE of the Stop and Swap inclusion announcement. The info released so far indicates that Stop and Swap was instead retooled to work between Banjo 1 and the new Nuts and Bolts game.

This doesn't mean Tooie is NOT eventually coming, just that the linked article isn't necessarily correct in announcing it. i.e. Don't get your hopes up too high.[/quote]

I read that the same way...there's no credibility there, its just pure speculation. The Stop N' Swop never worked so the inclusion of it on the first game could mean that it will be available by mere unlocking of additional puzzles or by the connectivity feature with "Nuts & Bolts".

That's pretty clever to have the xbla original tied to Banjo N&B. It gives gamers an incentive to play both games.

Priced at 1200pts, set to release 11/26, and Banjo-Tooie in 2009!

Microsoft announced today that the N64 classic “Banjo-Kazooie” will be released exclusively on Xbox Live Arcade on November 26 , 2008.

“Banjo-Kazooie” for Xbox LIVE Arcade will retail for 1200 Microsoft points, or $15 when it launches this November . However, there is still time to take advantage of the “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” pre-order offer. Those who pre-order Banjo’s latest adventure at participating retailers not only get Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts but also receive, a complimentary code to redeem “Banjo-Kazooie,” from Xbox LIVE Arcade nearly 2 weeks before it’s global release. Consumers who participate in this pre-order program receive the added benefit of getting their hands on the goodies that await to be unlocked in “Stop N’ Swop” Before anyone else.

Initially conceived for the original Nintendo 64 version of “Banjo-Kazooie” ten years ago, “Stop N’ Swop” will finally come to fruition on the Xbox 360. “Stop N’ Swop” is a feature that rewards players’ accomplishments in the Xbox LIVE Arcade game by unlocking extra content and features in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.”

As if “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” and “Banjo-Kazooie” weren’t enough, “Banjo-Tooie” is also heading to Xbox LIVE Arcade in early 2009, making Xbox 360 the new home of the beloved “Banjo-Kazooie” franchise.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17657/BanjoKazooie-for-Xbox-Live-Arcade-Dated/

1200 points seems a bit pricey, glad I'll be getting it as a pre-order bonus.

I expected it to be 800 points. I wonder if we'll see a rise in the number of 1200 points games on XBLA :whistle2:k

Sexy. Wonder if they'll do anything to Tooie about it's missing Swap N' Shop. To my understanding, the NEW SNS in BK is to link with BK360, but it'd be great if they could get the original SNS working for the Live Arcade games too (wishful thinking, I know)

Strange that the price is 1200 points. Makes me kinda wonder if they did this to potentially increase sales of Nuts and Bolts. "For $25 more, I can get this and Nuts and Bolts." Just a thought.

the achievements are clever, but I don't like that for the most part, they are the "beat the game, get the achievements" type. I like it better when you have to do extra or challenging things to earn some, not just play the game normally. Only one that people might not normally do would be the Jigsaw maker achievement, because it's not obvious that you can go to Banjo's house and do timed jigsaw puzzles (I think it was in Banjo's house at least)

[quote name='KingBroly']There's a get all notes achievement, but not get all jiggies achievement? Bizarre.[/QUOTE]

heh, for some reason, every time I replay the game, I am ALWAYS missing 4 notes in click clock woods. EVERY fucking time. I know where to go back to get them, and yet I still miss them at first every time...

[quote name='rabbitt']Strange that the price is 1200 points. Makes me kinda wonder if they did this to potentially increase sales of Nuts and Bolts. "For $25 more, I can get this and Nuts and Bolts." Just a thought.[/quote]

To be completely honest, I was thinking that as I read that it was 1200 points:D

[quote name='rabbitt']Strange that the price is 1200 points. Makes me kinda wonder if they did this to potentially increase sales of Nuts and Bolts. "For $25 more, I can get this and Nuts and Bolts." Just a thought.[/quote]

Exactly what I thought.

But then I realize that I'm on CAG and I could go on Amazon and get it for $37. $22 more and I get nuts and bolts :)

Then I remember I get tax from amazon and it raises back up to $25 :bomb:

First images:

For one, the game looks better. It’s not any kind of major graphical overhaul, like say Bionic Commando Rearmed, but the game definitely looks bright and polished and in HD. It’s analogous to the restoration of a painting, where years of soot and dirt are removed to reveal the artist’s original intention. Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA looks like it’s made from the same models and textures, just very cleanly and with some lovely anti-aliasing to boot.

Full preview and more images can be found here: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2120/BanjoKazooie/p1/

I'm guessing the "improved graphics" are along the lines of Ocarina of Time on Gamecube. Higher resolutions just smooths all the jagged and blurry edges and makes everything pop a little more. I really wish I had a widescreen TV for this though :(

I know this is the N64 game so there's not much else they'll be able to do to it, but does anyone know if there's a potential or even inkling of any extra download content for this game in the future? :D Just wondering ...

[quote name='Shan82']I know this is the N64 game so there's not much else they'll be able to do to it, but does anyone know if there's a potential or even inkling of any extra download content for this game in the future? :D Just wondering ...[/quote]

There's the Stop N' Swoop that links this game to "Nuts & Bolts"...then in 2009 we'll see Banjo-Tooie...which may use the same feature with either B-K and/or BK-N&B so I'd say its a possibility.

How does the pre order go? you get this for free?
1200 is a bit to much, I guess I will wait for a sell on points card to get this.

[quote name='MikeydCT']How does the pre order go? you get this for free?
1200 is a bit to much, I guess I will wait for a sell on points card to get this.[/quote]

Yeah, you get it free. And I guess the preorder is still $37 at Amazon.

Does anyone know when the cards will be available in store? :) I hope by the time Fallout 3 comes out so I can knock 2 other preorders out at the time.

this looks awesome, in the comparison trailer it just looks like it is at a higher resolution and all the jagged edges are gone. thats the only difference i see.

[quote name='anarchyburger']this looks awesome, in the comparison trailer it just looks like it is at a higher resolution and all the jagged edges are gone. thats the only difference i see.[/quote]

That's fine with me. The original was awesome, I'd rather see as little changes as possible outside of Widescreen support, Progressive scan (both seem very in), and just making it less jaggy than the original. [Remember the whole, N64 games are meant to look better but the hardware holds it back? The revamped BK looks a lot like Banjo-Tooie did on Project64 with some additional smoothing and hi-rez options on]

bread's done
Back