Don't Call me MAX

Blockbuster'sDumbassGameGuy said:
Destination Software's first GameCube title stars a kangaroo named Max in a 3D platform game that begins in a dilapidated circus in a state of neglect. Max was hoping to see the famed circus where his father used to perform, but now he must undo a terrible curse placed upon the festival by a vile character known only as the Ringmaster. Armed with a magic staff imbued with his father's spirit, Max hops into action using his powerful hind legs and special magic found within the mystical staff. Should Max overcome the various traps and deadly attractions placed in his path, the circus will be freed from the clutches of the Ringmaster once and for all.

:applause:

Is this just a crappy game? Or am I missing some joke somewhere. Was this canceled or something? Somebody, please explain, before i go crazy.

i'm sorry to confuse everyone... i just noticed it obsurely hidden on blockbuster's site....

that trailer was terrible....

i just thought it was worth posting for its pure crap factor...
i'm a prime advocate for not judging a game by its cover (or trailer)

but...

i've got a hunch... (yeah.. lets just call it a hunch for now....)
that if this ever sees the light of day on the shelves....
its gonna stink up the gamecube pretty badly.

Kangaroo Jack style.
Seriously... this is the most retarded, derivative, sterotypical concept for a video game i've ever seen.

How many marsupial/kangaroo platformers are gamers supposed to endure?

Crash Bandicoot, Kao the Kangaroo, Taz Wanted, Ty the Tazmanian Tiger, 1 AND 2.....

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST!

Not exactly a triumphant leap from the GBA license ghetto.

Horrible trailer but I see some potential for a lightweight platformer. I'd probably get it for under $10.

[quote name='joystickz']i'm sorry to confuse everyone... i just noticed it obsurely hidden on blockbuster's site....

that trailer was terrible....

i just thought it was worth posting for its pure crap factor...
i'm a prime advocate for not judging a game by its cover (or trailer)

but...

i've got a hunch... (yeah.. lets just call it a hunch for now....)
that if this ever sees the light of day on the shelves....
its gonna stink up the gamecube pretty badly.

Kangaroo Jack style.
Seriously... this is the most retarded, derivative, sterotypical concept for a video game i've ever seen.

How many marsupial/kangaroo platformers are gamers supposed to endure?

Crash Bandicoot, Kao the Kangaroo, Taz Wanted, Ty the Tazmanian Tiger, 1 AND 2.....

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST![/quote]

I love your avatar, yo. I wish I had the time/dedication to pay homage to Katamari like many other CAGers.

Several other games have been Blockbuster/rental-only exclusives. Blues Brothers 2000 on N64, for example. Anyone remember Madden Championship Edition around 1993?

Another one slipping in under the radar is Ghostmaster www.ghostmaster.com

EBgames lists a Ghostmasters for the PS2 coming out in January for all of $10. I'm assuming it's the same game sinc eI cannot find any Google response for the plural form. The trailer on the website is somewhat encouraging. Appears to be very much like the classic 'Haunting for the Genesis. Although the site indicates an Xbox version EB doesn't seem to know about it nor does any of the other sites I checked. Most of them don't show the ps2 version, for that matter.

bread's done
Back