Meijer Buy 1 Video Game Software 29.99 or less get 1 for $1

VerbalKint

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Long time viewer, first time poster in the deals section. Be gentle. Looked around and didn't see this deal posted here yet.

Was checking the Mejier weekly ad and under the Video Games section is says they are running a special on 7/18 and 7/19
Buy One Video Game (its actually misspelled Video Fame on the site) at 29.99 and get one of equal or lesser value for $1.
Here is the link to the site in my area
http://www2.meijer.com/ads/default.aspx?sid=48

The deal is posted on another site I visit so I'm guessing this is chain wide based.

Dammit... why does Meijers always have good deals when I'm home for summer or winter break. No Meijers around here at all.:bomb:

I was just about to post this deal! Pop up alone.

Items pictured:
X360 - NCAA 07
PS3 - Madden 07
DS - High School Musical
PSP - Pursuit Force
Wii - can't read logo

While at least 400 last per store. No rainchecks or substitutions.

BTW: The Meijer's site HATES Firefox. It won't show any ad pages. Either use IE or get the plug-in that allows you to switch rendering engines from FF to IE within FF.

Usually they start at 6 AM. However, sometimes you may be able to get a manager to override and do it for you at Midnight. This is what I did last summer when I picked up a PS3 using a 10% Credit card coupon and 20% with use of Credit card

[quote name='kidrocklive']it says no substitutions, does that mean you have to get one of the games picture? That would be one crappy sale.[/quote]

No, it just means you can't get a game that is over $29.99.

Oh and also it says that there will also be 10% off ALL Video games, accessories, and strategy guides.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']No, it just means you can't get a game that is over $29.99.

Oh and also it says that there will also be 10% off ALL Video games, accessories, and strategy guides.[/quote]

this is not good lol

[quote name='kidrocklive']this is not good lol[/quote]
yeah I agree. See I maybe in for an expensive weekend. I may take a trip over there and price some games out today. Any universal drops happen recently that could come in handy? Also, I used to work at Mejier and the deals do start at 6 am. I'm sure they would override it like stated above but ymmv. I was wondering what the problem was Dirk. I must have opened the site with IE earlier and I tried to use Firefox just now and didnt see anything. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't work in FF2 or 3 here. Sucktasm!

The ad says that sales start at 6 am. I, too, got the PS3 deal last August with the credit card app and what I did was stake out the stores that had them, then got up at 5 am to make the run for it. The first place I went to was out (D'oh!), so I raced to another, fully expecting to have to get all gangsta on whoever was there and ended up having zero competition for anything. Should've gone there first. Put the items in the cart and then shopped for groceries and read magazines until 6 am.

I work at Meijer as a service desk worker so I'll answer any questions that pop up. (this is an amazing deal for me as I get 10% off for being an employee and got paid today :whistle2:D)

The 10% will come off but the original price of the games has to be at most 29.97 so no buying a 30 dollar game, getting 10% of to make it 27 and expecting the deals to work. The deal is for all games, Meijer just selected those games to get people's attention. The deal is good from Friday 6 am to Saturday 12 am (it "might" go on until 4 am some ads do some don't). Its also a chainwide ad.

Hope that helps :whistle2:D

Oh yeah don't forget applying and getting approved for the meijer credit card gets you 10% off your first purchase with the Carmel Meijer Store giving you an additional 10% off. So if you're lucky enough to be in the carmel area thats at least 30% off your video game purchase.

wow thanks for the help LOLsteelBullet. It's been over 10 years since I worked at Meijer so my memory is a little hazy. Are there any solid PS3 or 360 games priced in that range that you are eying up?

If it is available online, I think I will finally (no pun intended) pick up Final Fantasy I and II for PSP, since they are both priced at $29.99.

thanks for the heads up OP I was looking for a deal on a couple games. Question though could I buy them now and price adjust tomorrow? I work early and am afraid of missing out.

if they hve the games i will be grabbing

2x Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 for 30. will dump one on ebay or goozex

Wild Arms XF 29.99

WOW really nothing on the psp side until i see what they carry. I hope wild arms is 29.99 there but doubtful.

way too much stuff on the Ds to list...

love to find nascar 2008 Ps2 + hot shots golf 2 psp for 30 out the door

[quote name='Phryo88']Is this deal In store only or can I snatch this stuff up online?[/quote]

Not likely (never before IIRC), and their online presence sucks anyway. They tried to relaunch, messed up pricing on something, and cancelled orders. Haven't been there since.

[quote name='turls']Not likely (never before IIRC), and their online presence sucks anyway. They tried to relaunch, messed up pricing on something, and cancelled orders. Haven't been there since.[/quote]

This is dissappointing, I don't even have a Meijer anywhere close :(

[quote name='Vinny']Dammit... why does Meijers always have good deals when I'm home for summer or winter break. No Meijers around here at all.:bomb:[/quote]

They are getting revenge on everyone who adds an "s" to Meijer. Wal-Mart does the same thing to people who call it "Wal-Marts".

I went in today for a quick scout and didnt realize that Civ Revolutions is out for DS. I will definitely be stopping in on my way into work tomorrow.

[quote name='Rictor']They are getting revenge on everyone who adds an "s" to Meijer. Wal-Mart does the same thing to people who call it "Wal-Marts".[/quote]

Pisses me off too when my relatives call it Meijers. It's like they can't even read the giant sign before they walk into the store!

[quote name='LOLSteelBullet']I work at Meijer as a service desk worker so I'll answer any questions that pop up. (this is an amazing deal for me as I get 10% off for being an employee and got paid today :whistle2:D)

The 10% will come off but the original price of the games has to be at most 29.97 so no buying a 30 dollar game, getting 10% of to make it 27 and expecting the deals to work. The deal is for all games, Meijer just selected those games to get people's attention. The deal is good from Friday 6 am to Saturday 12 am (it "might" go on until 4 am some ads do some don't). Its also a chainwide ad.

Hope that helps :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

You contradict the ad, as it's $29.99 or less, so $29.9x games should work. $29.9x/$27 is less, no?

[quote name='Rictor']They are getting revenge on everyone who adds an "s" to Meijer. Wal-Mart does the same thing to people who call it "Wal-Marts".[/quote]
hahahaha that is great. We used to make fun of the way people said it all the time when I worked there. Drives me crazy because the old lady used to say it like that till I freaked out on her :bomb:

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']Aren't all the Nights gone after the $2.99 sale, or did they restock?[/QUOTE]

The irony of using that game as an example :whistle2:s

[quote name='Corvin']Any 360 games of note under $30?[/QUOTE]

I'm considering these for 360:

Lost Planet Colonies
The Simpsons Game
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Assassin's Creed (still shows $59.99 on meijer.com though...)

For $15-16 each, seem worth it to me.

Anything else?

Just taking a look at the web site and noticed that No More Heroes for the Wii is 29.99. It's probably a universal drop that I never noticed but I'd like to try that game. Really the Wii selection is very large with this deal.

[quote name='backwards_compatible']I'm considering these for 360:

Lost Planet Colonies
The Simpsons Game
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Assassin's Creed (still shows $59.99 on meijer.com though...)

For $15-16 each, seem worth it to me.

Anything else?[/quote]
Yeah I'm in for the simpsons game and bully also. There are way too many great choices for this deal. I just know I'm gonna go broke tomorrow morning. :whee:

[quote name='VerbalKint']Just taking a look at the web site and noticed that No More Heroes for the Wii is 29.99. It's probably a universal drop that I never noticed but I'd like to try that game. Really the Wii selection is very large with this deal.[/quote]

$29.99 for No More Heroes would not apply because its over the "$29.97" max limit. 2 cents does not seem like much but it would not work.

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I saw the pop-up somewhere else that said $29.97. I went to the main Meijer website and I cant even find the advertisement in my weekly-ad (zip:49009).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NJMane']$29.99 for No More Heroes would not apply because its over the "$29.97" max limit. 2 cents does not seem like much but it would not work.[/quote]
I just double checked the ad cause you had me worried. It definitly says 29.99 though, so No More Heroes should work just fine. I personally bought that game at full price and I can say it was totally worth it then, imho. It's a steal at $15

Meijer also has the "buy GH3 bundle and get a free second guitar." It appears that the 2nd free guitar is not some generic guitar and it includes all consoles. Hell of a deal if you want two GH guitars.

[quote name='Rictor']They are getting revenge on everyone who adds an "s" to Meijer. Wal-Mart does the same thing to people who call it "Wal-Marts".[/quote]It bugs me, too, when people tack on an "s" like "Fords", "K-Marts", etc. BUT, in this case it's kind of acceptable because it used to commonly be called "Meijer's Thrifty Acres" because it was started by the Meijer family, thus the possessive apostrohpe-s ('s) though the actual store name was without the 's.

I was just at the Dewitt Meijer and the games that were 29.99 or less for the PS3 were pretty much any older sports game, Assassins Creed, The Orange Box, Juiced 2, Stuntman, Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer, Beowulf, Stranglehold. I may be missing a couple. I am thinking of getting a couple Assassins Creeds and Orange Boxes and keeping one for me and dumping the others on Ebay.

bread's done
Back