Free game download - Grand Theft Auto 2

you have to respect rockstar games for giving their older games out for free, instead of putting them in an overpriced Classics pack or sell them for 20$ each in a case.......like most other companies do.

[quote name='dratsacras']Y'think this will go up in value if I download a bunch of copies?[/quote]I'm sure it would become rare/valuable.

"Due to overwhelming response, we have had to limit the number of concurrent connections to our download server. If you receive an error page, please try again later."

I guess that's why I'm getting an error page. I hope I can get it later.

[quote name='sj41']"Due to overwhelming response, we have had to limit the number of concurrent connections to our download server. If you receive an error page, please try again later."

I guess that's why I'm getting an error page. I hope I can get it later.[/quote]

Don't look at me, I was kidding about that "download a bunch of copies" thing. :p

I have it for PS1, so no need for this download for me. It is cool Rockstar is giving it out though...

[quote name='moe11888']They also were letting people download another game along with GTA 1 and 2. I just dont remember what it was called.[/quote]

I never even bothered to open the link. Its the first thing you see. It was Wild Metal.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i dont think they will give out 3 for free. it would be nice dough :)

i have this for ps1 no need to download it :)[/quote]

It is multiplayer on PC, so I think you should download it.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']is anyone getting through to the download?[/quote]

I tried earlier and did not get through (was trying to download the first, as I had visions of the RC car mission in my mind)

[quote name='sj41']"Due to overwhelming response, we have had to limit the number of concurrent connections to our download server. If you receive an error page, please try again later."

I guess that's why I'm getting an error page. I hope I can get it later.[/quote]

It's a shame they're not using bittorrent. That's exactly the kind of thing it was developed for.

Very nice on the part of Rockstar to allow this to be a free download. I just can't seem to get through at the moment. I'll try another time.

Are there any other game sites that give off free downloads of classic games?

didn't Bethesda give a free download of the first two Elder Scrolls? Wasn't there another company that gave free downloads of King's Field or something like that?

I liked GTA1 better than 2. I'll be shooting up pedestrians for a few hours tonight!

EDIT: if uh....i can get this to download.

[quote name='stocker08']you have to respect rockstar games for giving their older games out for free, instead of putting them in an overpriced Classics pack or sell them for 20$ each in a case.......like most other companies do.[/quote]

Dude, Rockstar is rolling in the dough. They can afford it. That's what happens when your first 2 major hits stay on the best seller list for 2 years in a row. That bundle pack is still selling. I bought it just for Vice City. I already had the first one.

It's about 400 MB for GTA2 I think. The game is worth it, I remember buying it a few years ago. The open ended gameplay was a lot of fun, especially with the top down look when police would chase after you.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Very nice on the part of Rockstar to allow this to be a free download. I just can't seem to get through at the moment. I'll try another time.

didn't Bethesda give a free download of the first two Elder Scrolls? Wasn't there another company that gave free downloads of King's Field or something like that?[/quote]

Do you have the link for downloading the first two Elder Scrolls?

What are the requirements for running these downloads?

I like that they kept the classic top down mode as a view in GTAIII. It saddened me when it wasn't in Vice City.

[quote name='yogi99'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Very nice on the part of Rockstar to allow this to be a free download. I just can't seem to get through at the moment. I'll try another time.

didn't Bethesda give a free download of the first two Elder Scrolls? Wasn't there another company that gave free downloads of King's Field or something like that?[/quote]

Do you have the link for downloading the first two Elder Scrolls?

What are the requirements for running these downloads?[/quote]

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_games.htm

bread's done
Back