Does Kinetic work on ps3 with ps3 Eye?

bordjon

CAGiversary!
Hello - just as the title suggests I couldn't find a straightforward answer after a google search and a search in the forums so I wanted to ask if anyone has used this same combination and it worked or didn't. I have a 60gb model ps3.

I just picked this up this week for my wife. It does not pick up the PS3 Eye. Luckily, the updated version of the old Eye Toy is on sale at Best Buy for $25. Add in the $10 used Kinetic at Gamestop and you come out ahead by $15.

The old Eye Toy kinda sucks compared to the resolution and capabilities of the PS3 Eye, but at least it works. One caveat is also that the old Eye Toy camera locks up once in a while and you have to unplug it and plug it back in to get the camera to work again. Not a huge hassle but unfortunate.

Now if only Sony would give us some reason to own a PS3 Eye...

thanks for the quick reply - My wife wanted it as well - so we may just pick up a eyetoy after all. Definitely true about the ps3 eye - the one real use I've found for it is video chat with my nephew - which is great - but as far as games that use it - not much there.

First, you are very welcome. I saw probably all the same info you saw, which was less than the info you really *need* to figure it out.

The game runs flawlessly on the 60GB, I think. You *might* be able to get it to work with the PS3 Eye, not 100% sure, since I have the 80GB MGS4 PS3. MAN that's a lot of alphanumerics.

I saw some conflicting info on the Kinetic-PS3 Eye setup, but I can state definitively that my 80GB PS3 does NOT allow Kinetic to pick up the PS3 Eye and that it *had* to use the old Eye Toy.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
check ur gamestop for a use eye toy for 4.99 + 10% off with edge card

[quote name='starmask2k3']check ur gamestop for a use eye toy for 4.99 + 10% off with edge card[/QUOTE]

definitely - I was just looking into that. Also there the 20% off coupon this week and on top of edge discount would bring this thing down to 3.50-ish plus tax.

[quote name='bordjon']definitely - I was just looking into that. Also there the 20% off coupon this week and on top of edge discount would bring this thing down to 3.50-ish plus tax.[/QUOTE]

u can used the 10% off with edge card and 20 % off with coupon for the game and eye toy

bread's done
Back