Do not sell EB's $10 coupons from their Reservation Rewards program

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
It has been brought to my attention that some CAGs are trying to sell EB's $10 coupons from their Reservation Rewards program.
I have been reprimanded by EB and I have deleted these topics from the forum. Any similar abuses in the future will result in an account suspension.

If you like to see this website continue to operate, we all must be more careful about the activities that go on here.

[quote name='Scrubking']There go my hopes for a new 25% OFF coupon for CAG[/quote]
That idea was squashed months ago.

Seriously folks, if you see anything going on CAG that you think might possibly jeopordize it's future, please email me immediately at [email protected]

Thanks.

Not that I was selling any of these coupon, but was EB pissed specifically because people were selling them, or because people were raping the deal?

I havent actually seen these coupons but I'm willing to bet there's som sort of warning on them that disallows tranfer.

I think (besides you Cheapy) that right now I'm the only mod logged on.. so if I see a topic asking for the codes.. am I locking them, or closing them? Or nothing?

[quote name='lilboo']I think (besides you Cheapy) that right now I'm the only mod logged on.. so if I see a topic asking for the codes.. am I locking them, or closing them? Or nothing?[/quote]
Please lock the thread and direct them here.

Do you think those of us who used 10-15 codes have anything to worry about? I used 12, and this was before I realized or even begun to think about the rules or limitations.

Can someone give a link or an explanation how this program works. Sometimes I still tend to purchase a game at full price and pre-order it, to get get a bonus gift. Now will you get both the bonus gift and $10 certificate? That would make it a whole lot more worthwhile ordering it at EBGames.com than going to the B&M itself. I have more questions but I'm sure a link to it would answer them all. Thanks.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Can someone give a link or an explanation how this program works. Sometimes I still tend to purchase a game at full price and pre-order it, to get get a bonus gift. Now will you get both the bonus gift and $10 certificate? That would make it a whole lot more worthwhile ordering it at EBGames.com than going to the B&M itself. I have more questions but I'm sure a link to it would answer them all. Thanks.[/quote]

if you order a game you can sign up for a reservation rewards program and they offer a ten dollar gift certificate for doing so. The first month is free but after that its 9.99 a month.

But if you cancel your membership, you'll be fine.
At the site go to "FAQs".. Then go to "General".. then, "How do I cancel my memberhsip" and it will provide a link, and everything you need to do is right there.

hehe... i think everybody who did it is alright. the only person i ever saw abusing it was dealmasterx who was trying to sell them to everybody... and what made it worse is he started like 5 diff topics on it, lol!

Yeah, LMAO.

Though, in fairness if we find out he gets charged (for whatever reason..) we can all expect to be charged.. Well, any of us that got the code more then once.

I doubt we will. I mean.. it's like we Join something..and change our minds. But we also change our minds again, and then change it again.. LOL

We'll just claim A.D.D. and they'll give us a $50 gift card to Olive Garden and we'll be happy, as well as full.

Good times. O:)

Geez... People abusing deals pisses me off...

GET READY SON! THE PAIN TRAIN IS COMIN!!!! WOOWOOO!!!!

YOU CAN'T COME INTO OUR HOUSE, KICK OUR DOG, AND SELL SOME ILLIGITIMATE COUPONS! YOUR ASS MUST BE CRAZY!!!

[quote name='daphatty']Geez... People abusing deals pisses me off...

GET READY SON! THE PAIN TRAIN IS COMIN!!!! WOOWOOO!!!!

YOU CAN'T COME INTO OUR HOUSE, KICK OUR DOG, AND SELL SOME ILLIGITIMATE COUPONS! YOUR ASS MUST BE CRAZY!!![/quote]

:roll:

And there's probably, somewhere in the fine print of the RR details, 'one per customer/address/account.' So they would be justified in charging you back that extra ten bucks for each one above 1 that you used.
If you're a legitimate customer, buying a product from EB with a freebie, and signing up for RR, I don't see why you couldn't use both--they're two separate deals, from two separate vendors.
I personally wouldn't do it because
A. I don't trust those places to cancel my account and
B. I despise 'Automatic Renewal' things [which of course they try to spin as a benefit for you.
If you signed up for RR, or in fact just in general, READ all your CREDIT CARD statements!! Just heard on Clark Howard about some credit card company passing info along to one of those places, and this person had multiple 79.00/year charges for 'membership fee.' She never heard of the place, never signed up for it. But one of the charges was a year old, so tough luck, she was out it.

[quote name='dtcarson']And there's probably, somewhere in the fine print of the RR details, 'one per customer/address/account.' So they would be justified in charging you back that extra ten bucks for each one above 1 that you used.
If you're a legitimate customer, buying a product from EB with a freebie, and signing up for RR, I don't see why you couldn't use both--they're two separate deals, from two separate vendors.
I personally wouldn't do it because
A. I don't trust those places to cancel my account and
B. I despise 'Automatic Renewal' things [which of course they try to spin as a benefit for you.
If you signed up for RR, or in fact just in general, READ all your CREDIT CARD statements!! Just heard on Clark Howard about some credit card company passing info along to one of those places, and this person had multiple 79.00/year charges for 'membership fee.' She never heard of the place, never signed up for it. But one of the charges was a year old, so tough luck, she was out it.[/quote]

Heh. Clark Howard must be syndicated I guess. I heard his show a couple times on 97.1, where the show resides among hours and hours of Sporting New Radio syndicated stuff and some Nascar/trailer pull related show.

I used 5 coupons. 4 I purchased before I knew they were a scam, and 1 I got for pre-ordering a game that I did not cancel. So, I legitimately earned that one.

Pisses me off that people will exploit anything. I don't mind paying 18.50 bucks for 40 bucks worth of coupons. I figured that they were similar to the 20 buck one I am getting for buying the UT 2004 DVD edition. :)

bread's done
Back