Gears of War 2 Preorder with $10 gift card at Circuit City

[quote name='gotrice415510']regular edition has better art than limi ted[/quote]

Indeed, I really wish they would've just done the opposite art from the Gears 1 LE in the Gears 2 one. IE: a red tin with the black skull/Gears logo.

Hopefully a better PO gift will come along but if you gonna buy it anyway $10 free is $10. :)
I'm a sucker i'll be buying the CE.

I think i'm the only 360 owner who hasn't played gears of war. should i pick the original up for the 360 or PC, or just wait for 2? or get both?

[quote name='mikeyhegs']I think i'm the only 360 owner who hasn't played gears of war. should i pick the original up for the 360 or PC, or just wait for 2? or get both?[/quote]

Both,now

[quote name='mikeyhegs']I think i'm the only 360 owner who hasn't played gears of war. should i pick the original up for the 360 or PC, or just wait for 2? or get both?[/quote]

You should buy either the original or re release version for the 360 and play through it before you get GoW 2.

like i said before "the regular edition art looks better" but $10 extra gets me a gold lancer, an art book, a making-of dvd, and a pic of Dom.... thats pretty good for an extra $10. But the limited edition box art is just so tacky!!!

Lol are you so focused on the box to forget the contents inside? You could always craigslist "want to trade LE box for regular box". Heh.

[quote name='Vcize']Does CC ever do midnight releases?[/quote]
It might depend on your CC store. I never seen a midnight release at CC anywhere around my area. I had to pick my up brawl and my GTA4 in the afternoon :[.

Man, the cover-art for the limited edition is not so great. But for an extra $10, you do get alot more stuff.

[quote name='mav451']Lol are you so focused on the box to forget the contents inside? You could always craigslist "want to trade LE box for regular box". Heh.[/quote]

Break up a limited edition set? NEVER! But at the same time it sucks, given the limited edition's box art.

When did this deal end?

I went in on the 22nd and asked about it & they said they didnt know anything about it. So they rang it up & it didn't have the gift card.

[quote name='TURBO']When did this deal end?

I went in on the 22nd and asked about it & they said they didnt know anything about it. So they rang it up & it didn't have the gift card.[/quote]

It may be online only. I just looked at the website and the deal is still active.

[quote name='RawisJericho']It may be online only. I just looked at the website and the deal is still active.[/QUOTE]
well that explains it. :lol:
d'oh

I want to get this, but will this ship to me on the release date or before the release date? I'm very pumped for this game and this is a good deal, however I want to play it on November 7. Will I have to wait a few days to get it?

Hold the phone. I thought I was going to get lucky and only have to get the cheap limited edition 70$ version. Turns out there is another...

From Joystiq.com

On top of the linked achievement news coming from Comic-Con, a new Gears of War 2 edition was unofficially announced by the panel members. A new Halo 3 Legendary edition priced $130 Gears of War 2 bundle that is said to include a miniature replica model of a Lancer. Something we should have expected seeing that we caught word from our own source that a mini Lancer would grace some sort of Gears of War 2 edition. Microsoft has yet to confirm this $130 Gears 2 edition, what other content will be included or when it'll be available, but we expect news to trickle in soon. And just in case you were wondering, the answer is an emphatic "yes". A certain blogger will be plopping down his $130 come November.

Update: Just to clarify our remarks, we are not sure of the size or scale of the bundled Lancer. Pocket size or life size, your guess is as good as ours. For that matter, Microsoft still hasn't announced this third $130 GoW2 edition so we'll try to be as calm as possible until specifics make their way out.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hold the phone. I thought I was going to get lucky and only have to get the cheap limited edition 70$ version. Turns out there is another...

From Joystiq.com

On top of the linked achievement news coming from Comic-Con, a new Gears of War 2 edition was unofficially announced by the panel members. A new Halo 3 Legendary edition priced $130 Gears of War 2 bundle that is said to include a miniature replica model of a Lancer. Something we should have expected seeing that we caught word from our own source that a mini Lancer would grace some sort of Gears of War 2 edition. Microsoft has yet to confirm this $130 Gears 2 edition, what other content will be included or when it'll be available, but we expect news to trickle in soon. And just in case you were wondering, the answer is an emphatic "yes". A certain blogger will be plopping down his $130 come November.

Update: Just to clarify our remarks, we are not sure of the size or scale of the bundled Lancer. Pocket size or life size, your guess is as good as ours. For that matter, Microsoft still hasn't announced this third $130 GoW2 edition so we'll try to be as calm as possible until specifics make their way out.[/quote]
they should give us a lifesize carmine helmet.... im thinking that the lancer will be small and worthless:cry:.

[quote name='gotrice415510']they should give us a lifesize carmine helmet.... im thinking that the lancer will be small and worthless:cry:.[/quote]

and overpriced like the halo 3 legendary edition

I will have to bite for the LE of this one also....I stupidly paid full price for the first LE and it sucked balls. :( Worst Full Price LE EVER.

I got a 10% coupon via email when I pre-ordered Fable II. Did anyone get one when they pre-ordered Gears of War 2? I want to know because I want to get Gears of War 2 for 10% off and if it comes with a 10% coupon as well, I can use it to get Fallout 3.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hold the phone. I thought I was going to get lucky and only have to get the cheap limited edition 70$ version. Turns out there is another...

From Joystiq.com

Update: Just to clarify our remarks, we are not sure of the size or scale of the bundled Lancer. Pocket size or life size, your guess is as good as ours. For that matter, Microsoft still hasn't announced this third $130 GoW2 edition so we'll try to be as calm as possible until specifics make their way out.[/quote]

I had assumed this turned out to be the Amazon Lancer bundle.

Preordered this and Fallout 3 for $20 in gift cards. I was going to use to preorder Rock Band 2 right away but the code doesn't work for preorders on media, so I have to wait until the game actually comes out before I can use the $20 in giftcards.

[quote name='imacgod']I had assumed this turned out to be the Amazon Lancer bundle.[/quote]

It's not exactly a bundle. The Lancer replica is $140, just that currently Amazon is throwing in $59.99 for the game. So, you're getting the regular edition for free when buying the Lancer replica or $10 more for the LE.

bread's done
Back