Gamestop - Trade in a system get bonus $20!

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Just got back from my local GS, they had signs that they were about to put up stating that they would give a bonus $20 for trading in a system with one controller and all the cables.

They accept all systems except for GBA and GBA Micro, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']
They accept all systems except for GBA and GBA Micro, if I remember correctly.[/quote]
Hm... maybe I should take in my A2600...

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']
They accept all systems except for GBA and GBA Micro, if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Hmm, does that include GBA SP also? I've been thinking about trading up for a DS.

That would be awesome if it applied to Gamecube, if they give $20 for it before the bonus, especially if you keep the 1st party controller and trade it in with a 3rd party controller

[quote name='rywateska']Anyone already know the trade-in value of a Gamecube?[/quote]

It is $15, just got rid of one a couple days ago. The $30 bonuses that were on flyers awhile back did not apply to Gamecube, GBA, or GBA Micro, though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']anyone know of the going rate to trade in an original xbox?[/quote]

It is $20, I asked. So that means $40 for the xbox.

$35 for the normal PS2, $40 for the Slim one.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Before.

I'm going to trade in my two fat PS2's. Does the controller have to be 1st party or can it be 3rd party?[/quote]

First party... (at least at my store) or a nice wireless third party controller could work too.

[quote name='InFlames215']It is $15, just got rid of one a couple days ago. The $30 bonuses that were on flyers awhile back did not apply to Gamecube, GBA, or GBA Micro, though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It is $20, I asked. So that means $40 for the xbox.

$35 for the normal PS2, $40 for the Slim one.[/quote]

Is the 35 for the normal ps2 the normal trade in value or with the bonus included?

Hmmm I might trade in my fattyPS2 on this.

Anyone know if they give extra for the network adaptor?
I remember i had to buy that seperately.

The last time they had this deal it was a regional thing and my GS wouldn't do it. I tried to trade in my fat PS2. Then I sold it on Ebay for $90 without any games.

The moral of the story is...you'll make more on Ebay even if GS gives a bonus.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']First party... (at least at my store) or a nice wireless third party controller could work too.[/quote]

Is this true? I ordered a used GameCube from them once and got a really bad third party controller included inside. I don't know if that's what came with the trade-in console or just some random one out of a warehouse, but they did apparently take in the crap third party brand in the first place.

[quote name='dg7md']Is this true? I ordered a used GameCube from them once and got a really bad third party controller included inside. I don't know if that's what came with the trade-in console or just some random one out of a warehouse, but they did apparently take in the crap third party brand in the first place.[/quote]It depends on the store. The one I worked at we would take any controller as long as it was in good shape but I know some other store that just took 1st party ones.

[quote name='noodlez']Anyone know if they give extra for the network adaptor?[/quote]

I don't know, but for what it's worth, I sold my NA on e-bay a few weeks ago for almost $25. They seem to fetch a surprising return.

So will GS take N64's with this deal?

[quote name='Lord Helmet']I don't know, but for what it's worth, I sold my NA on e-bay a few weeks ago for almost $25. They seem to fetch a surprising return.

So will GS take N64's with this deal?[/quote]

OMG, no. They will only take in systems they have games for. Think about it, it would be bad business for them to take a dreamcast or an N64. Heck, I have a couple of NES consoles I wouldn't mind getting $20 a piece for :).

[quote name='Lord Helmet']I don't know, but for what it's worth, I sold my NA on e-bay a few weeks ago for almost $25. They seem to fetch a surprising return.

So will GS take N64's with this deal?[/QUOTE]

They seem to be selling for like 30-40 plus shipping. Not too shabby. I'll need to drop mine on Ebay once I get rid of the PS2.

So will GS take N64's with this deal?[/quote]

Wow...
Even if I don't trade in the ps2, I'll just take the adaptor off. I really don't need it as i have two slim ps2s. Thanks for the heads up :)

Yeah, the network adapters are kinda rare now and pretty much needed for a hard drive. I bought one used for $20 at GS about a year ago.

[quote name='djkunai']N E 1 know if they will take my Super Nintendo with this deal?[/quote]

Sorry, no. Geez, I'm sorry but, these questions are getting old :puke:

[quote name='TheSecretBaldwin']what about a fatty DS?[/quote]

Probably $30 - $40 before $20 bonus. I believe they sell them for 69.99 - 79.99, correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, you guys are hilarious. I'm going to personally ask every single mod to ban all you jokers.

Good luck being cheapasses without access to this site.

I'm curious about what they give for the current systems. What would a Wii fetch for, for example, including this bonus? Also, is there a link up yet for this promo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii's go for $160, pre-bonus. 360's for $120, if I remember correctly. There's a sign at one of my GS's that has all their prices.

So, if you're trading in a current gen console, prepare to take it in the pooper.

[quote name='No.']Wii's go for $160, pre-bonus. 360's for $120, if I remember correctly. There's a sign at one of my GS's that has all their prices.

So, if you're trading in a current gen console, prepare to take it in the pooper.[/quote]

That ain't too bad if you include the bonus and avoiding the hassles of eBay are often worth paying money for itself.

How much trade-in value for a original psp before and after? I want to trade for a PSP Slim. BTW what PSP Slim color should I get?

This has already begun, right? I got a PS2 fatty I'd love to get rid of and getting 55 for that without any post office visits and auction-watching almost sounds too good to be true given the amount of PS2s on the market.

mrkool: I say go for a silver PSP Slim, those are very sleek.

[quote name='dg7md']This has already begun, right? I got a PS2 fatty I'd love to get rid of and getting 55 for that without any post office visits and auction-watching almost sounds too good to be true given the amount of PS2s on the market.

mrkool: I say go for a silver PSP Slim, those are very sleek.[/quote]

Yes, silver.

Yeah, I'm thinking about trading in my PS2 Slim, but I have the $30 bonus coupon, bringing my PS2 to a very reasonable $70 :). But remember, there is always Craigslist.

[quote name='mrkool899']How much trade-in value for a original psp before and after? I want to trade for a PSP Slim. BTW what PSP Slim color should I get?[/quote]
I preordered the Madden bundle with the blue psp. Going to ebay my fat psp since the TIV is only $50, with bonus $20 bumping it to $70. I think i can do a bit better on ebay with it.

I have a PS2 modem adapter wedged in the back of mine, I see those themselves go for quite a bit on eBay, so I took it off and well, there is a very wide open slot that it went in with no cover in sight. I imagine they won't take the system with that big slot missing, and I am not sure I want to trade-in the system with the network adapter and get nothing for it, anybody have any advice?

[quote name='Master Shake']Just sell both on ebay.[/quote]

I'll just throw both of them together in an auction, I suppose.

[quote name='noodlez']Hmmm I might trade in my fattyPS2 on this.

Anyone know if they give extra for the network adaptor?
I remember i had to buy that seperately.[/QUOTE]

that network adaptor i think sell for a hell of a lot of $$$ on amazon market place. i think i saw a thread a while back you might just want to sell it on there or ebay

sorry i jumped the gun a little and didnt read the rest of the tread!!! my bad

bread's done
Back