Broken DS Lite worth anything?

hotpocket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I have a defective DS Lite that shuts off randomly. I was thinking about selling it on Ebay as broken with Mario Kart, Ace Attorney, Days of Ruin, Pokemon Diamond, Elite Beat Agents, and FFTA2. Think I could sell it?

Definatly sell Mario Kart and Pokemon at GS. you'll get $20 each I think. The other games should be decent at GS too. Yuo could try and sell the DS Lite on Ebay/Amazon, probably wouldn't get too much

[quote name='hotpocket']I have a defective DS Lite that shuts off randomly. I was thinking about selling it on Ebay as broken with Mario Kart, Ace Attorney, Days of Ruin, Pokemon Diamond, Elite Beat Agents, and FFTA2. Think I could sell it?[/quote]

Nintendo has a *very* good warranty program. I don't know if that will work for you, but keep that in mind.

Don't bother bundling with any games. The people who buy broken DSs usually just disassemble them, and sell the individual (working) pieces, or just fix and resell them. They're not really interested in games.

(Actually, I'm halfway interested in the DS, but I doubt I could match the standard ebay price....)

Same as above, eBay prices on dead systems are too high. I keep trying to win a cheap dead Lite, having no such luck.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Definatly sell Mario Kart and Pokemon at GS. you'll get $20 each I think. The other games should be decent at GS too. Yuo could try and sell the DS Lite on Ebay/Amazon, probably wouldn't get too much[/QUOTE]

Dont sell anything to GS if you want to maximize your earnings...

[quote name='zman73']Dont sell anything to GS if you want to maximize your earnings...[/quote]

Agreed.

Also, I was watching defective DS Lites before buying my working one a few weeks back. The defective units are going for maybe $10 less than the full working units...its crazy! Sell it on Ebay....you'll get a decent amount of cash for it.

I sold my broken DS Lite on Ebay about 4 months ago and I got $62 for it. I was up front and honest with my ad. I left nothing to the imagination of the potential buyer and I showed pictures of the items condition. I was very descriptive. And at the end of the day, I came out better than I expected. I am about to do the same thing with my 360. No death ring, but it costs $100 to fix it and MS is not footing the bill on this one. I am just going to sell it as is and get a newly produced Elite. And I swear if I have any problems with this one. I will be down to 2 next-gen systems with no intentions of making it 3 again. So sell your DS Lite separately. Do not bundle it with the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, that's 3x more than I woulda gotten at Gamestop for the original DS that works

At least sell Mario Kart/Pokemon at GS, since you can get 20 Each, which you probably wouldn't get too much more for online..

bread's done
Back