K-Mart Entertainment Guide Coupons - PS3 Resistance & Motorstorm for $19.99

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
While searching for clearance titles at K-mart today, I picked up their K-Mart Entertainment Guide. It contains the following coupons which are valid from 08/01/08-08/31/08:

$20 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii: Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Walk This Way Bundle
$10 off :ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man (making this $19.99 once it drops to the GH price next week!!!!!)
$10 off :ps3: Motorstorm (making it $19.99 as well once the price drops)
$10 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii::ds: Kung Fu Panda
$10 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii: Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Walk This Way Software
$10 off :wii::ds: Little League World Series '08
$10 off :ds: Imagine or Petz Titles
$10 off :ds: My Fashion Studio
$5 off :ps2: God of War II
$5 off :ps2: Ratchet Deadlocked
$5 off :psp: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
$5 off :psp: Socom Fireteam Bravo 2

Kmart-01_r1.jpg

Kmart-02_r1_r1.jpg

Mods - If there is a better place for this please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're coupons, not ads.

And they should be giving these away by the beginning of August, basically think of it as a catalog showing some games coming out this year, with only 2 decent coupons out of the bunch.

On a rack in the electronics section, they had what is called the "Kmart Entertainment Guide". It has a picture of Lego Batman on the cover. It is a free hand-out similar to "The Guide" at Gamestop with two pages of coupons which I scanned and included in the first post. Going by the dates on the coupons (08/01/08-08/31/08), I imagine my store put these out early.

Great price for Motorstorm, but I have a question. Does the copy of Motorstorm that came with the PS3 come with the original case and manual? The only thing stopping me from getting it for that price is the chance that Gamestop could have it on sale used one day for like $10.

Also keep in mind, the back of these coupons have the K logo in a Red box and its feels like cardstock paper so printing / copying may not work too well.

I grabbed a couple copies of the coupons in the entertainment section of the store.

[quote name='Togepy']Great price for Motorstorm, but I have a question. Does the copy of Motorstorm that came with the PS3 come with the original case and manual? The only thing stopping me from getting it for that price is the chance that Gamestop could have it on sale used one day for like $10.[/quote]

The copy of motorstorm that was packing in with the ps3, is the same as retail, minus having, not for resale on it.

[quote name='Togepy']Great price for Motorstorm, but I have a question. Does the copy of Motorstorm that came with the PS3 come with the original case and manual? The only thing stopping me from getting it for that price is the chance that Gamestop could have it on sale used one day for like $10.[/QUOTE]

well they have it now for 19.99 used - edge and 20% off coupon, not bad.

Hmmm...time to check the local K-Mart next time I am near one. I was already planning on picking up Motorstorm and Resistance, so I am definitely going to pursue this deal.

[quote name='Togepy']Great price for Motorstorm, but I have a question. Does the copy of Motorstorm that came with the PS3 come with the original case and manual? The only thing stopping me from getting it for that price is the chance that Gamestop could have it on sale used one day for like $10.[/quote]i got motorstorm last week at gamestop using the 25% off ps3 game coupon plus edge=$12.99,so that was pretty close to $10

[quote name='Togepy']Great price for Motorstorm, but I have a question. Does the copy of Motorstorm that came with the PS3 come with the original case and manual? The only thing stopping me from getting it for that price is the chance that Gamestop could have it on sale used one day for like $10.[/quote]

You can get it right now at Gamestop using the coupon and Edge for $14. I actually picked it up when they had the better coupon (35%) and it was $13.

If you shop around you can find a non-bundle version at GS, that's what I did.

Resistance is worth the full $60, so it's a STEAL at $20.

Motorstorm I think I'll pick up if I can get the coupon. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='kmartgamer']can u do a high qual scan? gonna print these out on cardstock, see if they will accept it[/quote]

That's pretty much the best I can do with my scanner. Just an FYI though, the back of the coupons are red and have some K-mart info on them (I'll post pictures later tonight if you want me too). I can't imagine these books will be hard to get though once all the stores put them out, so I'd save my ink if I were you.

Is resistance worth it for single player? With COD 4 and Warhawk I have no use for another multiplayer shooter, but if the campaign is good I may pick it up...

went to K-mart, got the entertainment guide... now the waiting begins. if my kmart doesn't get any copies of resistence or warhawk im gonna have to burn the place down... again

yeah I hate the K-marts in california, they never update their inventory for fuck's sake and their prices.

Last time I went to try and get a PS2 game that was suppose to be on clearance and the price didnt ring up properly and there was some problem so the guy just manually set the sticker price...lame.

I'll be stopping on the way to work tomorrow for sure. Just to be positive for time's sake, these entertainment guides are in the electronics section correct?

[quote name='happy']Is resistance worth it for single player? With COD 4 and Warhawk I have no use for another multiplayer shooter, but if the campaign is good I may pick it up...[/QUOTE]

Not really because it will only take you a couple of days to play through it so you be better off renting it instead of buying it.

[quote name='happy']Is resistance worth it for single player? With COD 4 and Warhawk I have no use for another multiplayer shooter, but if the campaign is good I may pick it up...[/quote]

The multiplayer is actually quite fun. The chimera / human differences keep it interesting, and it's relatively well balanced.

[quote name='happy']Is resistance worth it for single player? With COD 4 and Warhawk I have no use for another multiplayer shooter, but if the campaign is good I may pick it up...[/QUOTE]

The single-player is fantastic. The storyline and level designs are all great, plus there's plenty of the usual skill points and such that Insomniac does such an awesome job with.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I'll be stopping on the way to work tomorrow for sure. Just to be positive for time's sake, these entertainment guides are in the electronics section correct?[/QUOTE]

yeah... of course if you can't find it good luck finding an employee to ask about it

[quote name='buckythekat']Wal-Mart accepts competitor's coupons don't they?

at least I remember them having done so in the past[/quote]

the one i go to only matches it if it says the price ie it needs to say 19.99 for them to match it...boo

Hmm, this might be the pricepoint I pick this up at. I didn't really like the demo much and have CoD4 and Warhawk to suit my online needs but I wouldn't mind seeing what the single player is like since many have said the demo was not a good representation of the full game and the sequel looks to be one of the best games this year.

Looked through my kmart for the coups yesterday but only saw a sheet of similar looking coupons for housewares. I'm gonna check the other kmart in my area out today. I'm interested in resistance as well but the price doesn't drop until next week?

How is KMart with returns and rebuys?

I went yesterday and noticed only one copy of Motorstorm and Resistance in stock, so in hopes of avoiding the red band GH edition labels, I was thinking of picking them up and then returning when the price has dropped and the coupon has kicked in to re-buy them.

I went to my Kmart this morning. They had a whole pile of the entertainment guide by the electronics dept. checkout. I imagine they will be getting a large stock of the greatest hits versions of the games before August 1st so I wouldn't buy a regular version now. They may claim its a different game and still charge you the full price.

I found only one copy of Resistance at the store near me and it was the one that didn't have the 9.5 out of 10 thing on the cover so I bought it. I'm going to return it and use the coupon when it's valid. I asked the manager if that's ok and he said as long as it's not open then it's fine.

Went to check for clearance items at K-Mart and I finally saw a load of these still wrapped in cellophane behind the counter, so I'm guessing they aren't officially out at all K-Marts.

thanks for the heads up OP. i picked up a guide at the KMart in Mishawaka, IN yesterday. they had a decent sized stack out at the electronics counter, about 20 or so left.

Picked up the coupons from Kmart today. They had two copies of resistance left..I know the coupon starts Aug 1, but when do these games officially go GH? Kmart doesn't quite seem to be up on the videogame world...I can foresee a problem with the game ringing up full price before coupon...

There's also a coupon in there for $5 off God of War II...I never owned a PS2 and just bout the 80 gig...really looking forward to going back and playing I and II..

Thanks OP, went and picked up a copy of the guide. I was afraid they wouldn't have any or the clerk would give me a stupid look when I asked for a copy.

They only had one copy of Motorstorm, so I am hoping to pick it up without the greatest hits packaging, but if I can't, so what.

[quote name='chrisc133']Picked up the coupons from Kmart today. They had two copies of resistance left..I know the coupon starts Aug 1, but when do these games officially go GH? Kmart doesn't quite seem to be up on the videogame world...I can foresee a problem with the game ringing up full price before coupon...[/quote]

I believe August 27th was the announced Greatest Hits release date. However, Gamestop supposedly has already dropped the prices in their stores. I scored two E-Guides and saw one regular copy of Resistance that I hope to score. If not I'll settle for the burgandy GH case.

bread's done
Back