On hold status at EB

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!
What exactly does it mean when an order is "on hold" at EB? Could it be because of the price change from 9.99 to 19.99 before it was shipped? I've ordered 3 other games since I've ordered that one, and none of them have been on hold. Any ideas?

Is it possible that they are holding orders because of everyone taking advantage of the 10$ coupon and they want to make sure they are all valid?

I was thinking that, but the weird thing is that I ordered Space Channel 5 after I ordered Rygar with a code, and it shipped today.

tropico 2, 3 backyard baseballs, mgs guide, primal, goal storm, rygar, mario land 3, chu chu rocket gba, monkey island 1-3 and unlimited saga

Hold doesn't mean anything. Basically, it's the transition from "Open/processing/whatever" to "Shipped". The system just hasn't updated.

I made a decent order. Letls put it one way.. I got A Dreamcast console w/ extra controller..NFL Blitz 2001 (DC) House of the Dead 2 (DC) along with Quidditch World Cup (GCN), REmake, Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBX), and SSX3 (XBX) all for just around $60... :)

Although, everything is on hold :(

No "On Hold" definitely means something. As others have mentioned it is probably the billing address on the card. He might of mistyped something. Anyhow, he should have received an email from EB stating such and now he needs to call their help number to fix it.

No, On Hold doesn't mean anything. That is, unless my case was special.

My Steel Battalion was "On Hold", I called and asked and he's like "It doesn't mean anything - in fact, your order has all ready shipped and the computer just hasn't updated".

If you are using paypal debit card at EB Games, they will have a very long hold status ... like a day more than if you use regular bank debit card. Dont' know why, but it happens everytime to me. But all goes well though at the end, just a day delay of processing because the supervisor needs to call paypal customer service.

a few weeks ago, I bought mario Kart DD for $33.74 after using the aff25 code but picked the worng ship method(i wanted the free one of course!)
so I called them up immediately and tell them my order number and that I want free shipping. The guy was cool he said it takes about an hour for the system to update so I should call back after an hour and then it would be inthe system and he could change it.

I called back in an hour and got the free ship no problem. so "on hold" just means that their comp is updating(like the guy before me just said, i am just giving an example)

bread's done
Back