NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

Pure Apathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
Send a message to Pure Apathy, X Matt Young X, S3anAmI, FrankySox, or n8rocker82 on XBL to get an invite to the league.

I'm not sure if most of you heard about this or not, but EA is going to implement 6 on 6 online leagues in this years NHL 09 game.

Here's the info on that
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl09/preview_6194826.html

So I would like to start up a CAG NHL 09 online team. Is there anyone interested in doing this? I already know Matt will want to. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to join the team, post the position you want, the number you want, and your XBL gamertag.

CAG Hockey Team Active Roster
# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) -
Left Wing

#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#26 Mr_hockey66 (Mr hockey66) - Right Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#27 GLOCKGLOCK (DRUNKZ 27) - Left Defenseman
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#39 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#51 fieldkillah (fieldkillah) - Right Defenseman
#88 moojuice (moojuiced) - Left Defenseman
#93 slickkill77 (NinjaPenguin777) - Goalie
#?? Azumangaman (Azumangaman) - ??
#?? Flyersfan (PsychedelicRock) - ??
#?? Captain OBVIOU5 (Captain OBVIOU5) - ??
#?? lordwow (Wowous) - ??

Old CAG Team:
# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 3 Jlin747 (Jlin747) - Right Wing
# 4 SteveMcQ (SteveMcQ) - Center
# 5 archibishopthedoge (benjabroni) - Left Defensive Defenseman
# 6 RobotChickenMk1 (RobotChickenMk1) - Center
# 7 Costa (Dr Costa) - Center
# 8 icecreamandcows (Abcevan) - Left Wing
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) - Left Wing
#10 danked (Danked) - Right Wing
#11 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#12 Jek Porkins (RedSix66) - Right Wing
#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI122886 (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#17 flybrione (bigmes) - Right Wing
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#20 II ToLmEs II (Tolmes) - Goalie
#21 PenguinoMF (PenguinoMF) - Right Wing
#22 CheapyD (CheapyD) - Center
#23 FriskyTanuki (CrashSpyro) - Left Defenseman
#24 Suraph (Suraph) - Left Wing
#25 Shahan (TMAC Attak1) - Left Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#27 GLOCKGLOCK (DRUNKZ 27) - Left Defenseman
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#31 Panther1484 (MMPanther1484) - Right Defenseman
#32 Tha Xecutioner (xThaXecutionerx) - Center
#33 Gillums (Gillums) - Center
#35 FrankySox (FrankySox) - Right Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#44 ajh2298 (ajh2298) - Left Wing
#45 cgarb84 (AceFan84) - Left Defenseman
#47 (tootsieroll69) - Left Defenseman
#51 Wulfshake (MediocreSellout) - Left Defenseman
#52 nny77713 (GeoGod) - Right Defenseman
#53 ammowasted (ammowasted) - Right Wing
#54 Maynard (MaynardLD50) - Right Wing
#58 neckfurters (Rikson) - Left Defenseman
#66 DJSteel (DJSteel) - Left Defenseman
#69 Kekumba (KeKeKumba) - Left Wing
#76 SVxM (SVxM) - Left Wing
#81 ruffinra (RuffStuff84) - Right Defenseman
#88 moojuice (moojuiced) - Left Defenseman
#92 VipFREAK (vprfrk) - Right Offensive Defenseman
#93 slickkill77 (NinjaPenguin777) - Goalie
#97 Wolve11 (Wolve11) - Goalie

Position totals (max of 9 per position & max of 5 goalies):
C: 9 - Full
LW: 9 - Full
RW: 9 - Full
LD: 9 - Full
RD: 9 - Full
Goalie: 3 - Open

Yeah, you're right. I do want to. However, I likely won't get the game till October. I have a massive backlog, and there are a bunch of games out in September and October that I want. It makes more sense to buy them all at the Toys R Us B2G1 sale.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I would be up for it but I don't like EA's hockey games[/quote]

:hot: what 08 was one of the best hockey games ever

[quote name='slickkill77']:hot: what 08 was one of the best hockey games ever[/QUOTE]

never been able to get into NHL since the Genny days. And since the 2K series, I've been stuck with playing that

For those that don't feel like reading the whole interview

The secret online feature for NHL 09 has now been officially revealed as being the EA Sports Hockey League. This will be somewhat of a combination between Be A Pro mode and Online Team Play.
Along the lines of an MMO, you’ll be able to create your player and improve him through the EASHL. Teams will comprise of up to 50 users, individual and team stats will be tracked, and this will be a ranked online mode. Only two team members will be required to compete together in order to count a game, but up to the six that is allowed through OTP will be able to join in at once. Basically there could be several games for a single team taking place at once, and it allows for a lot of flexibility in being able to get into games and contribute for the team as well as build up your player.
Head over to Gamespot for an interview with producer David Littman that provides greater detail on this exciting addition to NHL 09.

[quote name='slickkill77']:hot: what 08 was one of the best hockey games ever[/QUOTE]

Was one of the best sports games ever. Amazing game.

This year looks amazing as well.

Alright I just updated the second post. I'll add the "maybe" and "probably" people when they repost if they will be getting the game for sure or not.

NHL 08 was the best sports game last year and they are still making the biggest leap in terms of new features of any sports game from 2008 to 2009.

Interested after talking to Matt about NHL 08 today, it appears I missed out on a great game. Probably pick this up at lunch on launch day... You see what I just did there?

[quote name='FrankySox']Interested after talking to Matt about NHL 08 today, it appears I missed out on a great game. Probably pick this up at lunch on launch day... You see what I just did there?[/quote]

I like what you did there.

I'm kind of disappointed that Madden is getting covered so heavy yet we still have only 2 trailers of NHL and no real gameplay videos. I buy Madden every year but Madden 09 is a very glorified version of 08. NHL 09 is going to have some huge improvements on an already great game.

I like how they talk about real dump and chase gameplay. That is a really huge part of the real NHL and I felt like no one ever uses that type of strategy ever.

The more I think about this the more certain I become that this will be a first day purchase. I can't believe something like this hasn't been done before, especially in basketball. This is a great idea and I can't wait to play it. I love hockey game and some how 08 must have flown completely under my radar. So how many people do we have so far?

Where is the best place to read(watch) about this game and its features?
" Through the sorrow all through our splendour
Don't take offence at my innuendo"...crazy solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry don't pay any attention to may random quote of the post!

Two other awesome things I noticed in the teaser trailers and some interviews in stuff is penalties for shooting the puck out of play. And also this year there will be major penalties for fighting, high sticking and such. And I also heard they are revamping the fighting system.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Two other awesome things I noticed in the teaser trailers and some interviews in stuff is penalties for shooting the puck out of play. And also this year there will be major penalties for fighting, high sticking and such. And I also heard they are revamping the fighting system.[/quote]

I really hope they revamp the fighting system, last years wasn't that great to me. Everything else was fun though.

Franky, I've just been reading IGN and Gamespot. There isn't a lot of info/videos on the game just yet. I'm sure once Madden is out, this game will get some more attention.

*edit* actually here's a new video
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37453.html

I guess I'll start up a position and number list on the second post so there aren't any problems once we start our team up.

I'll take the LW position and number 13.

C (or one of the wingers in case someone backs out) - #4

Edit: Actually, I don't mind playing anywhere (except G depending on how fun that is), but I want #4 please. BTW, is this for "serious" hockey fans or just for fun. I've bought every NHL series, but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan (nor am I that good).

I would be up for it and I get the game on release I will take any position and my numbers I like are #23 or #21

bread's done
Back