GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a local place here has the PS2 Space Channel 5 for $10 on clearance. A good grab?

They also have like 3 copies of Mega Man 8 for $4 a piece. I love South Dakota. ;)

[quote name='daroga']So, a local place here has the PS2 Space Channel 5 for $10 on clearance. A good grab?

They also have like 3 copies of Mega Man 8 for $4 a piece. I love South Dakota. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I got it for $3 at CC years ago. I haven't played SC5 though. I even have the Dreamcast version >_

[quote name='daroga']So, a local place here has the PS2 Space Channel 5 for $10 on clearance. A good grab?

They also have like 3 copies of Mega Man 8 for $4 a piece. I love South Dakota. ;)[/QUOTE]
SC5 is awesome. Especially the sequel, which comes with the PS2 version. So worth $10. Not really a clearance though since it launched at $15.

Space Channel 5 is a curiosity more than anything. It's cool to watch Youtube videos of it so you can say "oh, I know about that game," but it's not especially good. Far too simplistic, and it's really, really short, so even at $10, it's not especially worthwhile.

fuck Alone in the Dark.

I'm sick of getting raped in the fucking ass by 12 enemies at once while trying to burn these fucking roots.

EAT ME.

I just played Bleach Ds out of boredom. I love the game with a passion, but damn Aizen is cheap.

Only game I've ever imported, and still my favorite DS game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Space Channel 5 is a curiosity more than anything. It's cool to watch Youtube videos of it so you can say "oh, I know about that game," but it's not especially good. Far too simplistic, and it's really, really short, so even at $10, it's not especially worthwhile.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I love you Chac but I have to call bullshit on that. I don't know if you played part 2 or not, but it's an awesome game. Lost count of how many times I've played through it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has even the least bit of interest in music games.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah, I love you Chac but I have to call bullshit on that. I don't know if you played part 2 or not, but it's an awesome game. Lost count of how many times I've played through it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has even the least bit of interest in music games.[/QUOTE]

I played the first part (the original on teh Dleamcast), but skipped the second one... just didn't think it'd be that much of an improvement.

and I'm not saying it's a bad game... I just thought it paled in comparison to other music stuff out there.

I love Space Channel 5 as well. It's my favorite music game.

Strange thing though, is I'm awesome at Part 1, but i suck at part 2. The timing is just different.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Play the second one. It's a VAST improvement.[/QUOTE]
It really is.. almost in every way. I actually missed the FMV backgrounds from the original, but they obviously went with real-time in the sequel to save space and allow for a longer game.

But yeah.. more songs, mini games, bosses, and outfits for Ulala if you want to change up her look. I think I'll go play it right now heh.

yep...

just started playing Elebits. it feels like if you mixed Metroid Prime 3 with Katamari... don't know why it feels that way to me...

I beat quest mode in VF5 finally, though that's a lie even though the game tells you you are all done. too many other things to unlock.

Damn we had server and network problems for WoW last nite--got booted while doing a Deadmines run. I might still be stuck in there actually as I never got to log back in. I feel ripped off, lol.

Anyhoo, tonight I'll be checking out what happened to my gnome mage and probably do more lvling.

Man, I hope I get that price adjust on SCIV! And Madden. Otherwise, I cancel Madden. :p

[quote name='gunm']Damn we had server and network problems for WoW last nite--got booted while doing a Deadmines run. I might still be stuck in there actually as I never got to log back in. I feel ripped off, lol.

Anyhoo, tonight I'll be checking out what happened to my gnome mage and probably do more lvling.

Man, I hope I get that price adjust on SCIV! And Madden. Otherwise, I cancel Madden. :p[/quote]

You must be on a small server, before they upgraded their servers (I think that happened like mid 07 or something, my server would crash every weekend because thered be hundreds of people raiding the gigantic long encounters. There was also 2 hour queues a bunch of the time, but most of that went away with a couple server transfer free thingies.

Man WoW ate up like the last 2 years of highschool for me, and I regret it so much! (Except for the friends Ive made)

[quote name='heavyd853']You must be on a small server, before they upgraded their servers (I think that happened like mid 07 or something, my server would crash every weekend because thered be hundreds of people raiding the gigantic long encounters. There was also 2 hour queues a bunch of the time, but most of that went away with a couple server transfer free thingies.

Man WoW ate up like the last 2 years of highschool for me, and I regret it so much! (Except for the friends Ive made)[/quote]

No, I'm on a high pop PVP server, and have toons on several different servers. I couldn't log in to any of 'em.

Morning GGT,

Tried out my new X4's last night, they're pretty sweet, I tihnk I'll post a review of them in my blog in a couple of days.

Also got to the "final" boss in Enchanted Arms and I got my ass kicked, so looks like it'll be some grinding for me tonight.:bomb:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']While that is true, a game is not worth more than the max price point of every other standalone DS game just because it is Square-Enix.[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straight. Just about everyone charges $30 for DS games.

Nintendo, knowing that people will pay the extra money, charge $5 more than everyone for just about all of their games (Pokemon, Professor Layton, Mario Kart, NSMB.) This is totally fine.

Square Enix, knowing that people will pay the extra money, charge $5 more than Nintendo for all of their games. This is not totally fine, and should be boycotted.

So in summary, when Nintendo is taking your extra money, OK. When anyone else is taking your extra $10, OMG BOYCOTT.

Logical!

Good morning GGT ^_^

[quote name='whoknows']Strange thing though, is I'm awesome at Part 1, but i suck at part 2. The timing is just different.[/QUOTE]
Part 2 is definitely harder for me as well. The instrument bits in particular I have a hard time with.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yep...

just started playing Elebits. it feels like if you mixed Metroid Prime 3 with Katamari... don't know why it feels that way to me....[/QUOTE]
It felt much that way to me as well: Katamari meets FPS. I really like it for that, though (and am disappointed that the next Elebits is on the DS!).

[quote name='pete5883']Nintendo, knowing that people will pay the extra money, charge $5 more than everyone for just about all of their games (Pokemon, Professor Layton, Mario Kart, NSMB.) This is totally fine.

Square Enix, knowing that people will pay the extra money, charge $5 more than Nintendo for all of their games. This is not totally fine, and should be boycotted.[/QUOTE]
Not to nitpick, but Layton came out at $30 ;)

I'd never boycott Squeenix - I give them too much of my money as it is, so what's a little more? However, their games tend to drop in price much faster than Nintendo's (especially for non-FF titles), so unless I really want to support the game (Front Mission, TWEWY), I can wait. Perhaps Dr. Mario Kart is in the same boat.

So like I said before, Battle Fantasia is coming out in the US for PS3. It's not going to be as good as the 360 one at first. But I blame the PS3 hardware/network for that. Just sayin. More details later(gonna find out if I can mention anything).

At first, huh? Well, I think I know what that means, and I can deal as long as the fundamental aspects of the PS3 version are better.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I no longer play MMOs because I realized how much they messed up my both social and physical life... lost a ton of sleep and time. damn you FFXI[/quote]
hey the same thing happened to me too!
even the people i met in FFXI were ignoring me!

started playing FFTA2.
there's something about this game that feels sloooooow. it takes so long to do stuff.

[quote name='MarkMan']So like I said before, Battle Fantasia is coming out in the US for PS3. It's not going to be as good as the 360 one at first. But I blame the PS3 hardware/network for that. Just sayin. More details later(gonna find out if I can mention anything).[/QUOTE]
At first? Are there patches coming out or something?

The Battle Fantasia demo I played was badass, so that makes me very happy.

Is there like an rpg mixed in with the fighting? I couldn't tell because of all the japanese.

turn punch kick.

[quote name='daroga']They also have like 3 copies of Mega Man 8 for $4 a piece. I love South Dakota. ;)[/quote]Also check walmarts, when I passed through Kansas, we stopped at a walmart that had about 12 copies of Wario Ware Touched! when it was going for big $ on ebay.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I no longer play MMOs because I realized how much they messed up my both social and physical life... lost a ton of sleep and time. damn you FFXI[/quote]Jaeli and I were at a restaurant a about a month ago, and the waitress recognized the Half Life lamda (shocked the crap out of us when she looks at his polo and goes, "um... is that half life?"). She, well, her boyfriend is a pc gamer and she had gotten into gaming a bit, too. She made the comment that they had to stop playing WoW because "it did bad things to their relationship." :lol:

Then later she came by and asked, "what do you think Blizzards big announcement is going to be?" Very cool girl.

[quote name='gunm']Couple other trailers are looking good to me: the Sturmovik game, excellent on the PC back a few years ago, is looking super and I may pick that up for console if the controls match the visuals. Wonder if it supports the Ace Combat 6 stick? Gotta look that up.[/quote]Are you telling me Sturmovik is coming to the 360? And the hori stick is amazing.

[quote name='benjamouth']Last thing MST3K related from me, if you've still got a hankering for the good old Joel days I can reccomend checking out Cinematic Titanic

http://cinematictitanic.com/wpmu/

Of all the spin off projects it's closest to MST3K, it is a bit more "adult" in content though if that's a concern.[/quote]I just took a look... oh mah Gosh!!! Ben, I am in your debt! Joel!!! Josh is there and Mary Jo and Frank!!! No Kevin though. =(
What are teh little numbers by their names?
numberspw9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Duck Duck Punch...

Duckduckduckpunchpunchduckpunchpunchducpunduckduckuhohuhoh

U rappin cool!

Seriously, Parappa's gameplay was bullshit.

I managed to finish off Lego Indy this morning. It's an average game. There is a lot of charm to it, but beyond that, it's...average. Average controls, bad camera, etc. It's a good rental and I got like 445 achievement points out of it, and I might spend an hour or two more trying get some achievements I'm close to getting, but it's going back tomorrow.

1942, EH?

NO, my 800 points are for BCR! BRING ON BCR ALREADY DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!

Final Fantasy IV is really good. Really good.

Yo, I'm cool as hell.

Man, how cool is that?

Cool enough to play Shenmue 1 on the Dreamcast. Ima start it later today.

God I love that game. Sure, the English voice acting is bad (though not nearly as aurally devastating as Shenmue II's Xbox release), but the game is soooo good.

Not sure if I'll play dat Shenmue II UK version right after, but I definitely wanna play through the first one.

[quote name='guinaevere']

I just took a look... oh mah Gosh!!! Ben, I am in your debt! Joel!!! Josh is there and Mary Jo and Frank!!! No Kevin though. =(
What are teh little numbers by their names?
numberspw9.jpg
[/quote]

I'm not sure, I can recommend picking up the 2 DVD's they've put out, as I said though they might not be as suitable for family viewing as MST3k used to be. They are very funny though.

I think I'll pick up 1942 tonight from XBLA, as long as it's not terrible.

I ordered the one that was available. The second one (possibly the first one) was out of stock, so I'm waiting for that to be restocked.

I think I figured out why I didn't get a call about FFIV. I preorded at BBGR and they have a bogus phone number. I don't rent, and I have to keep my phone unlisted, so they get a fakey contact number. #-o Think I'll go pick that up in a few minutes.

I've played a bit more FFX. I'm guessing the game is about 40 hours to finish, without sidequests? I'm around 35 hours in now, so I think I'm closing in on the end. There are several things I'm disappointed about in the game, but at least the story is good. I'll put a blog review up when I am finished.

Oh, and I picked myself up a copy of Final Fantasy IV today. I just played a little bit and saved it right as Cecil and Kain are leaving the castle. Hearing those lines I have read so often now with voices is kinda cool. The graphics are kinda jaggedy, but I can deal with that. The music more than makes up for it, IMO.

Namco Bandai does deal in a few shitty PC games here and there. Apart from Hellgate, they also published the mediocre Warhammer (not 40,000) RTS and the abysmal Mage Knight Apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back