- - - - -

GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

#481 Fatal Futanari   What cha got there Senpai? CAGiversary!   7647 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Fatal Futanari

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

Any of you especially computer savvy? My problem is I cant get online with my laptop for some reson. It connects to wireless connection, but I can go to any websites and it worked fine yesterday. If I'm in safe mode it works, but not when I'm in my account normally.

Now gaming related, is the original Siren worth playing? I kind of want to give that a shot before I get the new one. (Yes, I know the new one is a re-invisioning of the game or something like that).

check what programs run when you start, check if anything runs that you dont know about...also try system restore

i though the original Siren was decent, the controls kinda killed it though. It can be had cheap so i would give it a go.

#482 Kendal   My sleep number is 69 CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

I have had 800 Wii points for the better part of a year and I refuse to buy any more or buy anything until Nintendo recognizes that they made a console called the SNES and it was awesome!

I might buy something with my points soon, just so they aren't sitting there, doing nothing. Not like Nintendo is missing my money. They already have it. I hate these point systems. Sony got something right when they made the wallet system. Well for the most part.

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#483 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

At least Nintendo's points are equivalent with dollars. Compare that to the Xbox Live point system...

I think I currently have 900 points on my Wii, left over after my purchase of Harvest Moon. Word has it that Ys Book I & II is coming out on VC next month, so I'll probably spend them on that (how much are TG-16 games anyway?), provided something better doesn't come along.
sig.gif
2017 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#484 Gabers   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

TurboGraphix games are 600 points. I had no idea Ys Book I & II were coming out on it. The VC so far has really been exceeding my expectations.

#485 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17508 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

I refuse to spend any more on WiiWare or VC until Nintendo adds some kind of storage solution for the Wii that doesn't involve me having to delete/redownload stuff I already bought.

And GRiD is awesome. But hard. The "Instant Replay" thing is ok, but I'd rather just reset the whole game. :p

I'm wondering if I should've picked up another copy of Warhawk w/headset to give as an xmas gift to my bro-in-law. Ah wells. The red GH cases are pretty cool-looking, and there is now an opportunity for the game to get even cheaper during a sale (B1G1s, etc).

#486 Kendal   My sleep number is 69 CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

RPG Maker, yes or no?

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

#487 suko_32   (soo-koh-32) - noun CAGiversary!   6475 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

RPG Maker, yes or no?

You'll have to invest in some serious time to make a RPG in that game. It's definitely not for everyone. Once you final product is done it's pretty neat though.

#488 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

found these ... all from Segaga the awesome DC game:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#489 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

Those are hilarious ^_^

I first heard about Segagaga via this article, which made me wish it had come out in English.
sig.gif
2017 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#490 Chibi_Kaji   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Chibi_Kaji

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

I just played the first episode of Siren:BC. All 5 minutes of it. It was so short I was like WTF? That's it?? If the other 3 episodes I bought are as short and shallow, I doubt I'll buy any more anytime soon. I mean, the demo was longer than the first episode.

From what I hear the 1st chapter is extremely short, but the other chapters are longer. Apparently the game is about 10 hours long.

ReRo: Lol, I would buy most of them just for the name alone.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#491 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6777 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

I remember hoping for Segagaga back in the day.

#492 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2939 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

From what I hear the 1st chapter is extremely short, but the other chapters are longer. Apparently the game is about 10 hours long.

Well that's comforting to know. I'm gonna try episode 2 later today.

I've played a little more FFX. Need to do some of the sidequests now that I'm on the airship and can backtrack everywhere.

I've also almost talked myself into getting SCIV this week.

#493 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16516 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

For some reason I bought Blast Works. Reason being it's cheap. Figure I can sell it off immediately if it's not my cup of tea, videos look interesting at least.

Maybe a pick-up-and-play Wii game will get me to turn the system on and potentially play more Okami.

Has anyone here played Yggdra Union? I went back to it for the first time in over a year to try to sneak through BF15, and it's just not happening. It's hard enough getting through a group of level 6 people (my party is level 7-8), but if you don't go through the level in exactly the right way, you also have to fight a swarm of level 8 enemies. Wouldn't necessarily be so traumatic except for the goofy health/morale system.

Edited by botticus, 28 July 2008 - 01:09 PM.

#494 Chibi_Kaji   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Chibi_Kaji

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

Yay, I'll have my copy of SCIV tomorrow. And since I'm not working I should have most of the day to play it.

Also, fans of Gundam 00 might enjoy this may or may not be a trailer for the 2nd season... but if this is a trailer for S2 it's the most awesome anime trailer EVER!!!
I found it subbed as well... but I'm not sure about posting that link here since I'm not familiar with the site.

Edited by Chibi_Kaji, 28 July 2008 - 02:39 PM.

"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#495 BlueLobstah   Do you...want my carrots? CAGiversary!   2934 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

BlueLobstah

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

I have had 800 Wii points for the better part of a year and I refuse to buy any more or buy anything until Nintendo recognizes that they made a console called the SNES and it was awesome!

I have about 2200 points left waiting for more SNES titles as well. The last time we got an SNES title was in March, so I haven't spent points on hardly anything aside from WiiWare titles.

I'm teetering between buying FFIVDS as well right now, I'm trying to wait it out for as long as I can in hopes that a deal pops up. I might get FFTA2 first instead.

For some reason I bought Blast Works. Reason being it's cheap. Figure I can sell it off immediately if it's not my cup of tea, videos look interesting at least.

Have you had a chance to play much of it yet? I figure for $10, there's almost no risk of buying it.

Edited by BlueLobstah, 28 July 2008 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#496 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2939 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Dang, this GGT just won't die. Its gotta be the slowest in recent history.

InuFaye has invited anyone interested to join us in the forums over at GiantBomb.com. Its the game website co-created by that Jeff Gerstmann guy who was fired from Gamespot a few months ago along with other industry vets like Ryan Davis and Brad Shoemaker. There is already a GGT-esque thread going on here.

#497 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

pushing for 500

#498 Kendal   My sleep number is 69 CAGiversary!   4945 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

So I found some gashapon toys I want on eBay and it is telling me I need to link my account to pay-pal. I have had this since I got a eBay account. It is frustrating.

Oh well, time to play more Izuna 2 I guess.

#499 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2939 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

Anyone got any good ideas for the next thread?

#500 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

looks good

http://www.gametrail...ayer/37636.html