Favorite "This is Sportscenter" commercial?

My favorite is one they won't show anymore, not even on the specials.

It starts out with an anchor talking about the need for increased security at ESPN. A delivery guy carrying some boxes walks towards an elevator, and the security guard asks for some ID. The delivery guy says his hands are kind of full right now, and then Rob Ray walks over, says, "He said he wanted to see some ID, smartguy", and starts punching the shit out of him. Then between punches he says, "Next time have some ID!"

The commercial with the boxer and one of the anchors discussing the finer points of Pokémon and Digimon in an ESPN kitchen was amazing. Shame it's not up on that site...

Just remembered that one commercial where they had some kid as an anchor on the show...I think it was a parody of Lebron James entering the NBA at a young age...Funny stuff.

Edit: Didn't notice the link above, it's called "coming out early."

My favorite is the Charlie Steiner y2k commercial. Steiner yelling, "Follow me to freedom," while wearing the bandana and holding the lantern is hilarious.

It's "I'm Da Man!" commercial for me. So hilarious watching Kobe (pretrial) look so innocent while the ESPN guys coach him on how to say the phrase.

I always liked the one with the kid as an anchor. Another one of my favs isn't on there. It's the one where Carrot Top was a co-anchor and he shows off a venus williams tennis racket, and like a los angeles clippers basketball that was actually a kleenex holder. I always thought it was hilarious.

Ad-critic has all of the ESPN ads, but they have ridiculous subscription fees...I remember when that site was free...

Anyone know of anywhere else to find some ESPN ads?

My favorite was always the "Coming Out Early" one that's been mentioned already a few times.

Another one I loved was where they said people always wonder if the SportsCenter anchors really get along off camera, and it showed them all arguing and insulting each other. I seem to remember Dan Patrick saying something along the lines of "Do they sell men's clothing where you bought that suit?" to Keith Olbermann.

[quote name='jmcc']Jerry Stackhouse making fun of Trey Wingo has long been one of my favorites.[/quote]

That one is great; seriously man, what's your real name?

Then the one where the San Diego Chicken just pops up out of nowhere, I love that guy, Egbert of Animal Crossing reminds me of him.

Finally, my favorite is the one where Evander Holyfield says, "It's cold out, don't forget cha gloves" and hands the kid boxing gloves.

I love when Stuart Scott is in the men's room washing his hands and the horse comes out of the stall. The Dan Patrick Bean Bag Buddy one was great, too.

The Lance Armstrong powering the building is funny too... He says something like "oh, sorry I didn't realize there was anyone still here..."

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I love when Stuart Scott is in the men's room washing his hands and the horse comes out of the stall.[/quote]

I gotta see that one!

bread's done
Back