EB Games After Christmas Sale (12/26 - 12/28)

wankerjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ad scans, and online coupon codes now available at EBgames.com

3 Day deals 12/26 - 12/28
===============================================
- 2 for $30 All PS2 Greatest Hits, XBox Platinum Hits & GC Players Choice
- The more you buy the more you save promo:

*30% or 20% off when you buy 4 pre-played titles
*25% or 15% off when you buy 3 pre-played titles
*20% or 10% off when you buy 2 pre-played titles
*(First discount value is if you have an EB Edge card)

- Vampire: Bloodlines $29.99
- Godzilla: Save the Earth (PS2 & XBox) $29.99
- EverQuest 2 $29.99
- Rainbow Six 3 (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Van Helsing (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Purchase Crash Twinsanity (PS2 or XBox) & get Crash Nitro for $9.99
- 30% off any strategy guide with purchase of game
- 30% off any Gameshark product

Deals for 12/26/04 - 1/2/05
===============================================
- Trade in 4 select PS2, XBox or GC game & get the following free:
*Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC version included)
*The Urbz: Sims in the City (GBA version included)
*Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
*LOTR: The 3rd Age (GBA version included)
- Activision titles for $29.99 or get $30 trade in credit when you trade in 3 select PS2, XBox, or GC games:

*Shrek 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA)
*Rome: Total War
*Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2/XBox/GCN)
*Lemony Snicket (PS2/XBox/GC/PC)
*Doom 3
*Tony Hawk Underground 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA/PC)
*Shark Tale (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA/PC)
*Spiderman 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA)
*X-Men Legends (PS2/XBox/GCN)

- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

*City of Heroes $29.99
*Full Spectrum Warrior $29.99
*Tribes Vengeance $19.99

- Save $5 on the following PC titles:

*Age of Mythology Gold $24.99
*Call of Duty $24.99
*Call of Duty: United Offensive $24.99

- Buy any PC game reg. $39.99 or more & get 1/2 off select PC accessories
- Madden 2K5, Fifa 2K5, NBA Live 2K5, NHL 2K5 (PC) $19.99
- Madden 2005 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA) $24.99
- Full Spectrum Warrior (XBox) $29.99
- NBA Ballers (PS2/XBox) $19.99
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2) $17.99
- Leisure Suit Larry (PS2/XBox) $44.99 / (PC) $24.99
- Tony Hawk Underground (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- Spider Man (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- True Crime (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (PS2/XBox/GCN) $14.99
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PS2/XBox) $14.99
- ESPN NBA 2K5 $14.99
- ESPN NFL 2K5 $14.99
- Plug & Play TV Games Frogger or Ms Pac-Man $14.99
- All GBA Videos 2 for $30
- Trade in 1 PS2 & 5 PS2 games = $125 credit
- Trade in 1 XB & 5 XB games = $125 credit
- Trade in 1 GC & 5 GC games = $75 credit
- Trade in 1 GBA SP & 5 GBA games = $60 credit
- Trade in 1 GBA & 5 GBA games = $30 credit
- Trade in 1 PSOne mini & 5 PSOne games = $30 credit
- Trade in 1 PSX & 5 PSX games = $25 credit
- Trade in 1 N64 & 5 N64 games = $20 credit
- Trade in 1 DC & 5 DC games = $20 credit

[quote name='wankerjr']- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

*Tribes Vengeance $19.99[/quote]

Are you saying $10 off $20, or is $20 the adjusted price?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='wankerjr']- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

Are you saying $10 off $20, or is $20 the adjusted price?[/quote]

$20 is the adjusted price.

[quote name='wankerjr'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='wankerjr']- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

Are you saying $10 off $20, or is $20 the adjusted price?[/quote]

$20 is the adjusted price.[/quote]

:x I was hoping for $10 Tribes goodness.

[quote name='wankerjr']
- Activision titles for $29.99 or get $30 trade in credit when you trade in 3 select PS2, XBox, or GC games:[/quote]

I'm unclear about what this means.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='wankerjr']
- Activision titles for $29.99 or get $30 trade in credit when you trade in 3 select PS2, XBox, or GC games:[/quote]

I'm unclear about what this means.[/quote]

Trade in three games and get $30 credit. All of the Activision titles below will be 29.99.. basically, the games are $29.99, but you can also trade in three games and get one of the Activision titles for free.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='wankerjr']

Trade in three games and get $30 credit. All of the Activision titles below will be 29.99.. basically, the games are $29.99, but you can also trade in three games and get one of the Activision titles for free.[/quote]

But I could just get $30 credit for trading in 3 games and not spend it on the Activision games?

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='wankerjr']

you can either buy the titles for $30 each, or get them 'free' by trading in 3 eligible games

Last year they gave us some Mario and Luigi: SS for $19.99 with free shipping (no tax back then, either). Wonder if they'll offer a title with free shipping online this year.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='wankerjr']

Trade in three games and get $30 credit. All of the Activision titles below will be 29.99.. basically, the games are $29.99, but you can also trade in three games and get one of the Activision titles for free.[/quote]

But I could just get $30 credit for trading in 3 games and not spend it on the Activision games?[/quote]

no, you only get that for trading in towards those activision games (or EA games, for the next couple of days)

those trade in deals look very good, now just have to check the exempt list......

thanks for the post OP.

edit: :( bummer, just checked it, that exclusion list is ginormous!!

I've heard from two people that EBGames is having a dollar sale on the day after Christmas to get rid a lot of their old unwanted games, is it not true? I'd figure it would be mentioned with the rest.

[quote name='rodeojones903']These all B&M?[/quote]

I'm going to say mostly, as EB had a few deals after-Christmas last year that wasn't B&M (like Mega Man X7 for $20 NEW).

I would say try EBgames website on the 26th.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='wankerjr']

Or, trade in 4 (not excluded) and get Goldeneye (or whatever) and bring it back sealed the next day for $49.99 in credit . . . would they allow that?

I don't think its wrong . . . could be a karma issue :wink:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Call of Duty: United Expension also has a $10 gift voucher. That makes it $15 if you order today. Voucher expires today.[/quote]

Neo Contra also has a $20 gift voucher if you order today . . . the game is $30, so $10 net. I bought one . . . $30 is about the most I've paid for a game since I became a CAGER :lol:

Thanks for the post OP... too bad I don't see anything that piques my interest... oh well. i got enough games to finish for the next little while anyway.

[quote name='eshbums']Does EB have extended hours the day after Christmas?[/quote]

AFAIK EB stays open an extra hour.. which means the mall here will close at 10PM instead of 9PM.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='eshbums']Does EB have extended hours the day after Christmas?[/quote]

AFAIK EB stays open an extra hour.. which means the mall here will close at 10PM instead of 9PM.[/quote]

Cool, thanks!

Do they take used PC games as trade? I'm sure they don't give a lot, but I'm trying to clean out some old stuff to make shelf space. I'm sure they don't give top dollar, but do they accept them at all?? I've got XIII, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, and 3 copies of Doom 3 I'd like to get rid of.

[quote name='eshbums'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='eshbums']Does EB have extended hours the day after Christmas?[/quote]

AFAIK EB stays open an extra hour.. which means the mall here will close at 10PM instead of 9PM.[/quote]

Cool, thanks!

Do they take used PC games as trade? I'm sure they don't give a lot, but I'm trying to clean out some old stuff to make shelf space. I'm sure they don't give top dollar, but do they accept them at all?? I've got XIII, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, and 3 copies of Doom 3 I'd like to get rid of.[/quote]

Yeah. They really lowball you on them, though.. moreso than with games. You'd get like a dollar for the first two and MAYBE seven bucks each for Doom 3. It's really bad.

So the trade 3 games can only be used to get credit towards activision games?

I was hoping to get $10 trade in credit for each game and then use it towards some pre-played games. :cry:

But I guess it isn't too bad. Metal Arms, Grandia 2, and questionable Kingdom Hearts (freezes on me) - spent less than $20 for these 3 and trade in for X-Men Legends. I'm in CA will they charge me tax when I do the trade-in?

are there exclusions on:

*Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC version included)

sigh i wonder what theyll take for it... ir eally want to get in on this as ebgames likes to rip ppl off so i figure might as well make it a lil even...

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='wankerjr']

Or, trade in 4 (not excluded) and get Goldeneye (or whatever) and bring it back sealed the next day for $49.99 in credit . . . would they allow that?

I don't think its wrong . . . could be a karma issue :wink:[/quote]

First off, many CAGS hate who do that, dont know why though. Secondly, it wont work because on the recieot it will say you did a deal to get it...

i personally hate ebgames, they told me they didnt have any of the new online ps2 bundles like a year ago but they did and i got screwed so, try to get a gift reciept

[quote name='cruzfactor']what exactly is the eb edge card? anybody have one?[/quote]
its a discount card that gives you 10% off used games in store and online

[quote name='help1']are there exclusions on:

*Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC version included)[/quote]No, of course not. They just have the word select in that deal to make it look pretty. :roll:

[quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='rodeojones903']These all B&M?[/quote]

I'm going to say mostly, as EB had a few deals after-Christmas last year that wasn't B&M (like Mega Man X7 for $20 NEW).

I would say try EBgames website on the 26th.[/quote]

I was able to pick up MegaMan X7 for $19.99 at a B&M EB during last year's sale.

[quote name='Zennousha']I've heard from two people that EBGames is having a dollar sale on the day after Christmas to get rid a lot of their old unwanted games, is it not true? I'd figure it would be mentioned with the rest.[/quote]

As nice as it would be, chances are it's a complete load of crap. I haven't heard anyone mention it, and sales like that usually end up on CAG ahead of time...

The Greatest Hits games are tempting; maybe I can get a few things to use with the new PS2... :wink:

[quote name='rodeojones903']I want vampire bloodlines for $30 bad. BB has it for $40 this week, but ill wait a few to get it from EB.[/quote]

IMHO, Bloodlines really really sucks. I was playing it at school the other day and after about 30 minutes of talking I finally started killing stuff and this Blade lookalike comes and shoots me with a sliver bullet within 2 minutes. Not exactly fun...

I think I will go for the trade in 3, get X-Men Legends for free, and get Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 for $30.

3 games for $30? Not bad.

[quote name='Mistik'][quote name='rodeojones903']I want vampire bloodlines for $30 bad. BB has it for $40 this week, but ill wait a few to get it from EB.[/quote]

IMHO, Bloodlines really really sucks. I was playing it at school the other day and after about 30 minutes of talking I finally started killing stuff and this Blade lookalike comes and shoots me with a sliver bullet within 2 minutes. Not exactly fun...[/quote]

It's not really a FPS hack and slash game. It's more like Deus Ex: Invisible War. You can decide to go killing people to get through the game, but you'll end up having more enemies. It's better to just sweet talk them, and ease your way into getting some information on them. Basically, if you just want to kill everyone that you don't like, this game's not going to be fun. I personally like FPS, but after playing Deus Ex, I started liking these kinds of games too. It's almost an RPG but in FPS mode. Anyway, it looks great, and I'm definitly getting it when this deal goes on!

Anybody know if you'll be able combine the free shipping code with the 30% (including Gamer's Edge card) 4 pre-played games code?

Most of the deals are now online.

You have to select page 3 of the ad and to previous page to get to the 3 day sales (which are mostly active).

bread's done
Back