Border's Rewards Members: 40% of any DVD/Blu-ray July 28th & 29th

rasone77

CAGiversary!
I got this email today with a link to the coupon. While this is only available to rewards members it shouldn't be that hard to become one I just signed up for free at my local store.

Copy the coupon from the link below and take it with you. It's good for up to three purchases as well.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40dvd0725.asp?cmpid=SA_20080725_TRWhttp://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40dvd0725.asp?cmpid=SA_20080725_TRW

[quote name='rkndkn']New Coupon code BR4906 good 7/28 and 7/29 with the same terms:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40dvd0728.asp?cmpid=SA_20080728_REW[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='erectiontown']40% at borders = amazon regular prices[/QUOTE]
Erection(???) they have the MSRP of The Godfather Trilogy set lower than amazon. So the set is $61 not $80 whatever.

[quote name='shadowrage']Erection(???) they have the MSRP of The Godfather Trilogy set lower than amazon. So the set is $61 not $80 whatever.[/quote]
can pre-order the bluray for just over $60.xx

EDIT: Added 3 items at borders +coupon and amazon and the difference was only $4.xx, oh well thanx anyways OP just saved a few bucks i guess by not gettin anything

I figured the prices were higher than most, that's why I never buy anything there. However, some of the blu-ray prices are pretty good with the 40% off if you're buying B&M and not through amazon.

I don't know why everyone is shitting on this. I picked up 2 movies for 8 bucks cheaper than amazon and I got them shits today not in 2 weeks. But then again I live 5 mins out of Delaware. Tax is for dopes...

Here's my haul:

From borders.com
4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days $14.39
Brand Upon the Brain! (Criterion; pre-order) $22.79
Jesus Christ Superstar $7.79

From one B&M Borders:
Enchanted (Blu-Ray) $20.99
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind $15.59
Porco Rosso $15.59

From another B&M Borders:
Pixar's Short Films (Blu-Ray) $20.99
Castle in the Sky $15.59

Thanks a bunch, OP.

Ok, for those bringing up Amazon I figured I'd post how much I saved by using this coupon yesterday.

I picked up the following:
The Spiderwick Chronicles (Blu-ray)
Borders price: $23.99 Amazon price: $26.95

The Perfect Storm (Blu-ray)
Borders price: $17.39 Amazon price: $19.95

The Wild (Blu-ray)
Borders price: $20.99 Amazon price: $23.95

Which equals to a savings of $8.48.

Even with sales tax, I would've paid more at Amazon. And I don't have to wait for the ridiculously long Super Savings Shipping. I take my discs home, immediately.

I'm a member but don't seem to have been emailed this coupon. Do you think it would be okay to still use the code?

[quote name='Trikip']I'm a member but don't seem to have been emailed this coupon. Do you think it would be okay to still use the code?[/quote]

Yeah, it's fine. I didn't get it either. A Borders employee told me that they think it only went to limited markets (which is why I didn't get it), but it works just fine everywhere.

[quote name='QuasidodoJr']Ok, for those bringing up Amazon I figured I'd post how much I saved by using this coupon yesterday.

I picked up the following:
The Spiderwick Chronicles (Blu-ray)
Borders price: $23.99 Amazon price: $26.95

The Perfect Storm (Blu-ray)
Borders price: $17.39 Amazon price: $19.95

The Wild (Blu-ray)
Borders price: $20.99 Amazon price: $23.95

Which equals to a savings of $8.48.

Even with sales tax, I would've paid more at Amazon. And I don't have to wait for the ridiculously long Super Savings Shipping. I take my discs home, immediately.[/quote]

*Cough* Cost of Gas * Cough

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']*Cough* Cost of Gas * Cough[/quote]

Sure, if you run one errand at a time. Nothing saying that there won't be a Borders near the food store, on the way home, or at the mall like there is at mine.

The deal isn't that great for everyone, but the OP is glad he helped a few people. Sounds like a worthy deal to me :applause:

borders.com is such a POS. i've been trying all night to register my rewards card, yet it keeps getting bounced. There are waaay too many bugs on this site. Dunno if anybody here is having the same problems

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Congrats?[/quote]My point is, my transaction was cheaper than buying from Amazon. There's no need to poo-poo deals like this and just say, "Psh. Amazon."

Should I have responded to your initial post by saying, "Who the fuck cares?"

Has anyone got a ship notice for the UNi Action pack yet? Or does Borders ship pre-orders on release date like amazon?

bread's done
Back