Processor Speed: 3.20GHz

Additional Technologies: HyperThreading Technology

Memory Type: DDR

Total Memory: 512MB

Interface: SATA

Capacity: 200GB

Optical Drive Type: DVD+/-RW
CD-ROM

Audio Description: Integrated Audio (Guess I have to buy a new sound card.)

Graphics Description: PCI Express Video Card (ATI X300SE)

Video Memory: 128MB Memory

Communications Description: Integrated LAN Support

Data Transfer Rate: 10Mbps
100Mbps

Power: 305 Watt

Mouse Type Ball-Bearing (That sucks, good thing I already have a Logitech MX Laser 1000)

Buttons: 3

Keyboard Type: Multimedia (Better than my current one)

Keys: 122

Pick up a soundcard with some nice speakers and a better video card and you're set! (The X300 is the low end ATI- look into the Geforce 6600 GT. Talk to spyhunter w/ any questions.)

[quote name='Kaijufan']You should have got a better videocard and more ram, but other then that its pretty good. Where did you buy it from?[/quote]

It is a Gateway. I bought the best card that my funds would allow. As for RAM 512MB did not seem ideal but I can always get more RAM later.

How much did you pay for your new PC? What is the speed or spec on your RAM? Maybe should use DDR2 RAM instead of DDR RAM for better performance. Get a better video and sound card maybe? Other than that it looks pretty good.

Yeah, spyhunter is on this forum. Do a search for his threads, a lot of question about video cards and such were answer. I think this is the card he went with.

The Video Card

AFter updrading the card, grab a second stick of 512 ram, to get a 1 gig total. Then your computer will be a beast!

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Yeah, spyhunter is on this forum. Do a search for his threads, a lot of question about video cards and such were answer. I think this is the card he went with.

The Video Card

AFter updrading the card, grab a second stick of 512 ram, to get a 1 gig total. Then your computer will be a beast![/quote]

Will do!
Thanks everyone. And Happy Holidays to all my fellow Cags!

[quote name='yogi99']How much did you pay for your new PC? What is the speed or spec on your RAM? Maybe should use DDR2 RAM instead of DDR RAM for better performance. Get a better video and sound card maybe? Other than that it looks pretty good.[/quote]

DDR2 shows a neglible performance increase so far. Money would be better spent on a video card.

[quote name='asuitor']2x PCI slots? That leaves little expansion room, and does it have a AGP slot?[/quote]

It's pci express, the successor to agp.

[quote name='yogi99']How much did you pay for your new PC? What is the speed or spec on your RAM? Maybe should use DDR2 RAM instead of DDR RAM for better performance. Get a better video and sound card maybe? Other than that it looks pretty good.[/quote]

DDR and DDR2 RAM isn't physically compatible. If, by chance, his motherboard supported both types (unlikely IMO) there will be 2 seperate sets of ram slots.

That video card is by far the #1 bottleneck in gaming performance in his PC. Upgrade that, and you should be set.

bread's done
Back