Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii) - $11.99 @ FYE

Mr. Jack

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this is posted already or if it is a universal price, but I just picked up Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii) at a local FYE (Delmar, NY) for $11.99.

If this has been posted already or is pretty YMMV for area, feel free to lock it up.

A friend who works at FYE pointed out there was a $5 rebate on this game if you bought it before July 23. You can get it here:
http://www.fyerebates.com/promocenter/fye/promo_search.html

I really wish there was a way to browse FYE rebates on the above site, but the only way I've figured out is to select the item and play around with dates. Not the most efficient way of doing things......

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a fun game worth picking up. One of my roommates at school has a Wii, and I've played through most of the game.

Interesting story when I went to pick this up today.

Went in to the Merrillville, IN store in the mall and found this game on the shelf (about six or so more copies still left, methinks) tagged at $14.99 with the $5 rebate sticker still on it. Now, I completely missed the post two up about the rebate being expired, as I was intent on buying this game. The $5 rebate didn't bother me at all.

So I head up to the counter to get rung up, knowing it would either scan in at the $11.99 mentioned in the OP or at $14.99 with the rebate. It rang up as the latter. So, no big loss to me. I figured I'd just fill out the rebate deal and be happy. That was until I hear the cashier say...

"Oh, your mail-in rebate didn't print out."

"Shit..."

Well, that was a slight bummer. I wasn't going to make a big fuss about it, but then she goes...

"Here, let me cancel that transaction and I'll ring it back up with the five dollars off."

So the girl behind the counter voids out the purchase, re-rings the game at $9.99 and hands me $5+tax back since the rebate didn't print out. I was a VERY happy camper after that. Again, I never even mentioned the mail-in rebate or the $11.99 price mentioned here.

So, there you have it. Another pal of mine ran out to grab it in another state and said it had rang up as $12.99 where he got it. Still not a bad price at all. Has anyone else had something else ring up when going to grab it?

[quote name='Regian']Interesting story when I went to pick this up today.

Went in to the Merrillville, IN store in the mall and found this game on the shelf (about six or so more copies still left, methinks) tagged at $14.99 with the $5 rebate sticker still on it. Now, I completely missed the post two up about the rebate being expired, as I was intent on buying this game. The $5 rebate didn't bother me at all.

So I head up to the counter to get rung up, knowing it would either scan in at the $11.99 mentioned in the OP or at $14.99 with the rebate. It rang up as the latter. So, no big loss to me. I figured I'd just fill out the rebate deal and be happy. That was until I hear the cashier say...

"Oh, your mail-in rebate didn't print out."

"Shit..."

Well, that was a slight bummer. I wasn't going to make a big fuss about it, but then she goes...

"Here, let me cancel that transaction and I'll ring it back up with the five dollars off."

So the girl behind the counter voids out the purchase, re-rings the game at $9.99 and hands me $5+tax back since the rebate didn't print out. I was a VERY happy camper after that. Again, I never even mentioned the mail-in rebate or the $11.99 price mentioned here.

So, there you have it. Another pal of mine ran out to grab it in another state and said it had rang up as $12.99 where he got it. Still not a bad price at all. Has anyone else had something else ring up when going to grab it?[/quote]

Lucky you!!

The people at my FYE are a bunch of douschebags.

The people at my fye store have done that for me in the past -- when the rebate expired and they hadn't removed the "after rebate" stickers, they just gave me the discount directly.

Just one reason I love the store more than most people.

Actually, I saw last night, they still had the "$4.99 after rebate" sign up (even though it's expired) for these bargain games, although Mercury Meltdown was gone and the other stuff looked like crap. I *could* have taken advantage of it if it were there........

bread's done
Back