Cheap Xbox 360 Games at Amazon

[quote name='Kendal']I enjoy NASCAR, is this one any good? Nice deals.[/quote]

I've bought every NASCAR game since 2001, but I passed on this one after renting it. It's pretty bad. It's probably worth $12.61, but not any more than that.

The Superman game is shitty, yes? I think I hated the demo, but curious to know what others think of it.

superman and nfl tour are very low rated. I have both cods and cod2 is great while cod3 is mediocre.

I enjoyed Superman Returns a lot. If you can tolerate it's technical shortcomings (and believe me, there are a lot) it's fun mostly just flying around and using his powers. The sense of scale is amazing.

[quote name='Kendal']I enjoy NASCAR, is this one any good? Nice deals.[/quote]
Save your money and get NASCAR 09 once it drops below $20.

[quote name='SynGamer']Save your money and get NASCAR 09 once it drops below $20.[/QUOTE]

The thing is by the time Nascar 09 drops to below 20 you'll have Nascar 2010 already out. It's a vicious circle..lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The thing is by the time Nascar 09 drops to below 20 you'll have Nascar 2010 already out. It's a vicious circle..lol[/quote]
Like most EA games, i usually wait at least 8 months before buying...by then, the price has dropped considerably, thus making it OK to buy the game since we all know EA releases games yearly.

After 6-9 months you will see a price drop in EA Sports games, but not down to below 20. That usually only occurs after the next year's version is out and sometimes the old one still isn't below 20. I say if you KINDA want a NASCAR game, get '08 on the cheap now. You aren't going to see '09 below 20 until probably this time next year.

They seemed to make some good upgrades with NASCAR 09 but it still doesn't quite seem like a purchase-worthy game. Hopefully they'll do enough with NASCAR 2010 for me to buy it.

[quote name='SynGamer']Save your money and get NASCAR 09 once it drops below $20.[/quote]

agreed, thats what im doing here sadly

I just bought a copy of College Hoops 2k8 for myself and a friend. Don't forget that there won't be a new College Hoops game this year. There is someone working on a 2008-2009 roster update over at operation sports too.

I'm finding NASCAR 08 to be very frustrating, but maybe I'm just really bad at it. I can't even pass the first few driving tests.

I kind of like College Hoops 2K8. Much better than March Madness in my opinion and a big improvment over 2K7. If anyone cares to play me online, add my Gamertag Gunstar419.

Some of those games can be found cheaper, but at least Amazon saves you the trip and trouble of going out and looking for them to save a few extra bucks.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I'm finding NASCAR 08 to be very frustrating, but maybe I'm just really bad at it. I can't even pass the first few driving tests.

I kind of like College Hoops 2K8. Much better than March Madness in my opinion and a big improvment over 2K7. If anyone cares to play me online, add my Gamertag Gunstar419.

Some of those games can be found cheaper, but at least Amazon saves you the trip and trouble of going out and looking for them to save a few extra bucks.[/quote]
NASCAR 08 was the worst NASCAR game this decade...the slightest touch from the AI spins you out. Heck, on Martinsville the physics are so bad that clipping the crub will flip yoru car...it's that bad. 09 improved a lot of things, but still not enough to make me by the game for anything above $20.

I'm probably going to end up trading in my NASCAR 08. I tried playing it some more since my last post and it is not fun at all. It's so easy to spin out that it removes any chance of enjoying the game. I suggest everyone avoid this game unless you have a high tolerance for its difficulty. Achievement w***** will be lucky to get 300 out of this unless you're seriously committed to it.

NFL Tour is such a terrible game. I seriously think they made it within 14 days of development. Even the commentary in the game makes fun of itself for repeating the same lines within a couple minutes of playing it. It's the most cookie-cutter game I've ever played.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I just bought a copy of College Hoops 2k8 for myself and a friend. Don't forget that there won't be a new College Hoops game this year. There is someone working on a 2008-2009 roster update over at operation sports too.[/quote]

The file share in Hoops 2k8 is just awesome (makes me wonder if this is what 2K Sports and the CLC were not able to agree on). I haven't played a college basketball game in years, but love this one.

Is there a quick easy way to add something to a pending order?

I ordered Soul Calibur last night, I'd probably order NFL Tour if it wasn't too much trouble. I just looked and I didn't see an option to add anything to the order, just cancel or update shipping & payment info.

The order is not "Shipping Soon" where it's locked & cannot be changed.

Thanks if anyone knows how, if not no big deal.

[quote name='Haggar']Is there a quick easy way to add something to a pending order?

I ordered Soul Calibur last night, I'd probably order NFL Tour if it wasn't too much trouble. I just looked and I didn't see an option to add anything to the order, just cancel or update shipping & payment info.

The order is not "Shipping Soon" where it's locked & cannot be changed.

Thanks if anyone knows how, if not no big deal.[/quote]You'd have to email them and see if they can add it to your order. Most likely they can, as it probably won't ship to later tonight. The better option would be to have them call you, to make sure you get quick attention to the order before it ships.

[quote name='gamcreator']Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but you can currently get $10 off your first order with Amazon Prime when you sign up for the 1 month trial. Then just set your account to not automatically upgrade after the trial. Only good for new users of Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html?primeCampaignId=TenOff

Makes some of these games only $1 or $2 or even FREE![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, Gamcreator. In for a copy of College Hoops 2k8 for $2.61.
fing34.gif

Tempting games but I know I'll never play more than an hour of any. I think I beat Call of Duty 3 but can't remember. Must have been that awesome of a game. I remember beating Call of Duty 2 however.

it seems like NASCAR games would be even more interchangable from year to year the only real benefit to getting the newest one would be for the slightly updated cars and maybe a few more drivers? new paintjobs? but they don't change as radically as say the basketball/hockey or football games do they?

[quote name='urzishra14']it seems like NASCAR games would be even more interchangable from year to year the only real benefit to getting the newest one would be for the slightly updated cars and maybe a few more drivers? new paintjobs? but they don't change as radically as say the basketball/hockey or football games do they?[/QUOTE]

If they make a Brickyard 400 disintegrating tire mod for any of the NASCAR games, I'm on it...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The thing is by the time Nascar 09 drops to below 20 you'll have Nascar 2010 already out. It's a vicious circle..lol[/QUOTE]

That's actually a common misconception; serious fans will tell you that it's a vicious oval.

[quote name='blakbuzzrd']That's actually a common misconception; serious fans will tell you that it's a vicious oval.[/quote]

:lol:

I'll be picking up the club and college hoops. thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Rig']The Superman game is shitty, yes? I think I hated the demo, but curious to know what others think of it.[/QUOTE]

I like the flying around the city, but the hand to hand combat is really crappy (and camera sucks). Easy 1000 points though.

I just signed up for the amazon prime free trial, but was never offered $10 off. Do you have to follow that specific link, or did they just stop doing that?
Thanks.

[quote name='Pyloric']I just signed up for the amazon prime free trial, but was never offered $10 off. Do you have to follow that specific link, or did they just stop doing that?
Thanks.[/quote]

The $10 off promotion ends at midnight PST tonight, and I just placed an order with it about 30 minutes ago. When you go to checkout, it should appear automatically as a $10 off promotional discount.

I didn't use the link in the forum, I just signed up on amazon's site, but I go through everything and stop right before the "place an order" button, and no credit. I emailed them about it and we'll see what happens.

I also noticed when I went to sign up for Amazon Prime on my own that the 10 dollar credit wasn't mentioned. When I used the link given it took me to the same page, but at the bottom it mentioned the 10 dollar credit. Needless to say I used the link to sign up and received the 10 dollar credit on my order.

I definitely recommend CHoops 2K8 out of that list, also because there won't be a 2K9, but there is a vast difference of gameplay and atmosphere from 2K7 to 2K8 to warrant the purchase. The online is incredible.

Tried to buy CH 2K8, but of course, the discount is also not showing up for me. I swear to God, if I get screwed by Amazon one more time this week. First, they wouldn't price adjust my Madden 09, and now this. They've gotten really flakey all of a sudden.

Damn, it looks like the 10 credit deal is dead. I just tried to place an order and it wouldn't go through. I got an error saying the deal was expired.

[quote name='paean']I like the flying around the city, but the hand to hand combat is really crappy (and camera sucks). Easy 1000 points though.[/quote]

Yes, flying around is a lot of fun, and it's unfortunate when you get interrupted with another stupid fight. The points would be easy, if the game was actually good. Playing through it long enough to get those stupid cats, for instance, is a chore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Flaky...because they wouldn't honor an obvious price mistake and they had an expiration date for a promo offer?[/quote]

Why do you have to be a fuck about it? Flakey because they did honor it for some...and flakey because my order was placed well before the midnight expiration (yes, I can read...amazing!). Not that logic has any place in this argument...

P.S. a call to Amazon's CS revealed that the website was under maintenance, which is why the $10 credit was not showing up for some. Got it fixed over the phone though. Thanks for caring :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back